Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
If there is a hell, every single person involved in the making of this "we fixed this toilet" commercial deserves to burn in it for all eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JiWJbQ7tY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Every God drat ad break during Yankees games! They somehow made that godawful song even worse!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Front Door deciding to advertise their website by having a guy belt out "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" with modified lyrics is...a choice.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I am really annoyed by the ihatestevespringer ads because the guy bought ads saying, you might know me as the "I hate steve springer guy, I am Steve Springer and my competitors hate me" or some poo poo and I had no clue who this guy was. Jeweler it turned out.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am really annoyed by the ihatestevespringer ads because the guy bought ads saying, you might know me as the "I hate steve springer guy, I am Steve Springer and my competitors hate me" or some poo poo and I had no clue who this guy was. Jeweler it turned out.

Philly? Otherwise they stole the "I hate Steven Singer" ads.
The whole thing started many years ago when Robin's Jewelers at 8th and Walnut was one of the best known/advertised jewelers in the area. Steven Singer started airing his ads with the tagline "Find out why on the other corner of 8th and Walnut.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

Philly? Otherwise they stole the "I hate Steven Singer" ads.
The whole thing started many years ago when Robin's Jewelers at 8th and Walnut was one of the best known/advertised jewelers in the area. Steven Singer started airing his ads with the tagline "Find out why on the other corner of 8th and Walnut.

I am up in Boston, so why am I getting these ads! I guess he is going national.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

We have them in Michigan too

Isepic
May 7, 2002

Kloaked00 posted:

We have them in Michigan too

Indiana, as well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought they were a Chicago thing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Next you're going to tell me I'm not the only friend of Tom Shane.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am up in Boston, so why am I getting these ads! I guess he is going national.

He was a huge sponsor of Opie and Anthony back in the day, and he still advertises on Cumia’s internet show. A lot of places where O&A were huge know all about the guy and from what I understand he does a lot of online/tourist business as a result.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

GPTribefan posted:

He was a huge sponsor of Opie and Anthony back in the day, and he still advertises on Cumia’s internet show. A lot of places where O&A were huge know all about the guy and from what I understand he does a lot of online/tourist business as a result.

I remember his gold tipped roses and his claim to be the inventor back on the Stern show. :rip: Jeweler's Row

As for the store he was competing against, Robbin's Jewelers didn't mess around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9osO0IbxA

Yes, there is a man who put a diamond into his beard. His caricature was their last logo because it was that identifiable.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The ad for the car whose big selling point is that it can detect a pedestrian and stop. The woman steps out into traffic without looking! And then goes right back to the sidewalk! I’m sure it’s a useful feature in some situations but it’s much easier to teach people to watch where they’re going.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It’s necessary because it’s literally impossible to see the average pedestrian over the hood of your CHEVROLET SILVERADO HD 3500 FACTORY LIFTED HIGH COUNTRY TEXAS EDITION.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It is very funny how these car commercials have to show safety features like lane assist by having the person in them drive like someone who should not be driving. Like I guess it is literally the point of lane assist but there's so many car commercials with happy upbeat people going to a jazz club with their standup bass in the back with room for 4 passengers while they're loving drifting into another lane or not watching the road in front of them and generally being a menace on the road. But fortunately the KIA FORTE prevented a number of accidents along the way all thanks to it's five star safety rating.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm so done with the Amazon "girl with a mustache" commercial. It's played like five times during this playoff hockey game and it's so loving insufferable.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Lume woman is really starting to piss me off.

If you are an average person and stink that much at the end of the day, go see a loving doctor.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm so done with the Amazon "girl with a mustache" commercial. It's played like five times during this playoff hockey game and it's so loving insufferable.

The first time or two it surprised me, cause I wasn’t expecting to hear Cool Cat, a sorta deep cut off Hot Space, but yeah it’s been run into the ground in a week purely from air time during NHL games.

Still, nothing will be as bad as that GEICO commercial with Idina Menzel from a few years ago, I think during the COVID bubble playoffs. It was more annoying and felt like it was played more often.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lume stuff is just bad overall because it's like yelling at women that their vagina and rear end are smelly and you're smelly unless you buy Lume

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Codependent Poster posted:

The Lume stuff is just bad overall because it's like yelling at women that their vagina and rear end are smelly and you're smelly unless you buy Lume

I looked up the product and it's about $25 for a small tube. That's hosed up.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mister Kingdom posted:

I looked up the product and it's about $25 for a small tube. That's hosed up.

How much would you overpay to cover up the apparently rancid smell of your vagina and rear end, Mister?!??

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Hi, I'm X, and I'm Y, and we thought wouldn't it be great if it were easy to buy a thing by subscription that is readily available in stores. That's why we started getthatthingbysubscription dot com, because we looked at everyone else getting on this racket and wondered, why can't we find some resellable high margin product category and hope that once you are signed up you don't notice the piles of it building up in your house and the gradually increasing subscription cost. So go ahead and sign up today for the free* trial.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

We've tried basically every meal box service there is and they all have the same return address at a featureless concrete bunker/distribution center in New Jersey and I'm pretty sure that one time there was a Homechef labeled item in an Everyplate box.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I've got a heart

a truck

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

live with fruit posted:

I've got a heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

rtlikeatruck

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

live with fruit posted:

I've got a heart

a truck

It’s Truck Month

It’s been Truck Month for at least 2 months now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sash! posted:

We've tried basically every meal box service there is and they all have the same return address at a featureless concrete bunker/distribution center in New Jersey and I'm pretty sure that one time there was a Homechef labeled item in an Everyplate box.

A few years ago they were mostly all purchased by the same company because it turns out they weren't a viable business on their own. Remains to be seen if one company running them can make it work.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BodyMassageMachine posted:

It’s Truck Month

Truck month will continue until sales improve.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BodyMassageMachine posted:

It’s Truck Month

Speaking of, the Land Rover Defender commercial can go gently caress itself.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The Land Rover Defender has logged on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

DerekSmartymans posted:

How much would you overpay to cover up the apparently rancid smell of your vagina and rear end, Mister?!??

If I can live with my stank rear end, so can everybody else.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oohhh man I hate this ad so much.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently that whole thing was written and directed by Olivia Wilde.

I blame her for that commercial 100%.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like that commercial but it's on too much for sure.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

:britain:

If I ever stop working long enough to book a holiday I sure as hell won't be flying with Jet2, they and Jess Glynne can gently caress off, forever

Also I will never bank with Santander due to their association with those Geordie pricks Ant & Dec.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

Also I will never bank with Santander due to their association with those Geordie pricks Ant & Dec.

A few years ago, Santander threatened to send me to collections over the princely sum of fifty-five cents. I'm never doing business with them ever again.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's annoying and stupid, and I don't get it. Is she supposed to be happy to have a mustache because it means that she can cosplay as Freddie Mercury every day? If she was that uncomfortable with her looks, why would she want to draw even more attention to herself by dancing around in a bright yellow jacket in the middle of class?

I can't tell if I'm over- or under-thinking this.

edit:

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Lume woman is really starting to piss me off.

If you are an average person and stink that much at the end of the day, go see a loving doctor.

Those commercials give me serious "convincing women that body hair is ugly & gross to sell more razors" vibes.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 25, 2023

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Handsome Ralph posted:

I literally hunted down this thread to complain about this ad. It was good the first time I saw it. By the third time during the same hour of TV I already never wanted to hear that song again.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Saw my first 2024 presidential campaign ad last night on HGTV. Ron DeSantis won't back down! :barf:

I'm so loving tired of that Amazon girl with the mustache ad, too. It's so twee and obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
AI now makes commercials.

God, I wish this was a real place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSewd6Iaj6I