Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I made the mistake of trying to clash it with lifetime stew, realized that lifetime stew can't clash, and watched Sinclair get completely obliterated. :v:

That would've gotten me too, EGO is always my panic clash option. The Odyssey had a purpose: not getting vaporized by this boss.

My favorite was a 6+ speed Quick Supression where Heathcliff proceeded to roll nothing but tails and exploded

e:

Ariamaki posted:

If you think she has low damage you have never used her 3rd coin: Suppress can absolutely wipe people out and sets up a gruesome amount of Rupture damage on top.

Speaking of Rupture, has anybody ever gotten the 50% chance EGO gift for giving a subtle hint in the 'saucy' Bongy event? I am 6 for 6 on whiffing it so far, and everyone I have spoken to has tried 3+ times and never seen it either. Given the alternatives you're giving up I dunno if it's worth it to keep trying just for the sake of spading.

I always take the "just watch" one since it's helpful for winning clashes against that rear end in a top hat chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

The fragile isn't as great as you'd think since it's same-turn and she's kinda slow. Being able to actually use Tremor is a plus though, until she runs out of ammo.

I was more thinking for shorter stuff. Mainly the exp daily which wants as much bash as possible.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Nick Buntline posted:

yeah it's definitely closer to a marathon than a sprint, but it's not unreasonable if you've got at least one of the gacha boosters. remember the events three weeks long, so at least personally I just have to run the hard floor twice a day and I'm set to get the bonus banner.

Just in case it affects your math so you don't come up short: it's two weeks, not three

But yeah getting Gregor day 1 put the rest of the math at 4 spicy runs a day, which is a lot of grind but not insurmountable, and I'd already been saving for Kurokumo Ryoshu so I just picked up RB instead and that cut it down a fair bit. It's a solid grind no matter what but as long as you pace yourself it's eminently doable (and if someone does just wanna get the Don EGO and call it a day that's basically nothing).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ariamaki posted:

Speaking of Rupture, has anybody ever gotten the 50% chance EGO gift for giving a subtle hint in the 'saucy' Bongy event? I am 6 for 6 on whiffing it so far, and everyone I have spoken to has tried 3+ times and never seen it either. Given the alternatives you're giving up I dunno if it's worth it to keep trying just for the sake of spading.

I did it once and got the first gift (not the Tango Marinade, but the one that gives bleed). After that I switched to picking the second option each time.

also, wow, I haven't heard the term "spading" in a long time, lol

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The third option gives you clean needle and thread if it works. It’s 50% bonus damage, so it’s pretty lit if you get it, but marinade is guaranteed and basically lets you auto the rest of the dungeon without thinking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm glad that this event made us aware that Yi Sang, for all that he seems... not necessarily above all the other Sinner's stuff, just... away from it, that he is absolutely a weirdo in his own way. He drinks spoiled milk and tries to argued that the concept of something being 'burnt' is a social construct.

Really, this was a really well-balanced event in terms of everyone's screentime.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Colin Mockery posted:

I did it once and got the first gift (not the Tango Marinade, but the one that gives bleed). After that I switched to picking the second option each time.

also, wow, I haven't heard the term "spading" in a long time, lol

Wait, is "spading" only a term from kol/pokemon? I thought it was a common turn of phrase, but now that I'm looking it up I can't find the alternative usage anywhere else D:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scaterry posted:

Wait, is "spading" only a term from kol/pokemon? I thought it was a common turn of phrase, but now that I'm looking it up I can't find the alternative usage anywhere else D:

I think it derives from the Bartle Test originally, but I absolutely heard it in the KoL community back when I actively played.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

scaterry posted:

My experience is heavily KoL-derived, but there are other old MMO communities where it was used due to (as Quackles mentioned) being originally from the Bartle test of gameplay archetypes. I know it saw use in City of Heroes back during live, although I think in the modern era most COH players already know far too much about the spaghetti code of that engine. if you thought :lobcorp: applied to PM only, HOO BOY...

It's actually news to me that it also made its way around in the PKMN community, that's kinda rad. :D

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Ariamaki posted:

It gives you a thing where the first skill you do damage with each turn does bonus damage equal to half the damage of the skill.

Tango Marinade is still probably way better though since you just get it with no skill checks or anything, and it works all the time for your whole team.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 23, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheNabster posted:

It gives you a thing where the first skill you do damage with each turn does bonus damage equal to half the damage of the skill.

Tango Marinade is still probably way better though since you just get it with no skill checks it anything, and it works all the time for your whole team.

It's weird how the one that requires a skill check is the worst option :lobcorp:. The scene for succeeding is cute though.

Due to how explosive the enemies in this event can be with their rolls any clash power is generally really good.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

With some bleed count + ids you can do some truely silly bleed numbers with that ego gift, though again, the +clash numbers item is better since the chickens get some goofy high numbers themselves. That two 7 coin attack is disgusting D:

Also I didn't uptie W Faust until recently and I thought it was interesting that she mentions that W corp's singularity isn't the time warping, but rather likely the resetting the people at the end. Makes me wonder what the W stands for.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Tellaris posted:

With some bleed count + ids you can do some truely silly bleed numbers with that ego gift, though again, the +clash numbers item is better since the chickens get some goofy high numbers themselves. That two 7 coin attack is disgusting D:

Also I didn't uptie W Faust until recently and I thought it was interesting that she mentions that W corp's singularity isn't the time warping, but rather likely the resetting the people at the end. Makes me wonder what the W stands for.

The lore you get from WARP Cleanup Crew books mentions the same thing. They poached the portal tech from a defunct company. If the W has to respond to their real singularity, I like to think of it as a Wayback machine.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tellaris posted:

Yeah, it was explained in Library of Ruina. WCorp work with TCorp to give them Time, Time that they harvest by having the train be stranded in the void for 2000 years. WCorp then use their singularity to revert the passanger state (At the exception of the First class, who were sleeping in special pod) and sell the Time harvested to TCorp, who can use that Time for the various product and service they sell. For exemple, there a restaurant in the City that allow you to have a three day broth in under three minutes or something like that. RCorp also worked with TCorp to use the TT2 Protocol which allows RCorp to produce soldier at a much faster rate (Considering they must harvest the clone and make them fight to death). RCorp being a mercanary company, they provided soldier to TCorp. LobCorp used to work with TCorp and RCorp by providing a massive amount of energy produced by Abnormalities. In exchange, TCorp gave them the TT2 Protocol which allowed the facility to reset pretty much any time they wanted and RCorp gave them soldier in the form of the Rabbit. It's a really sordid group but one that work well.

By the way, do we have confirmation that Limbus Company has replaced LobCorp has it's Wing? because I think it was implied but never explicitly confirmed.

Edit: Wait, you can just steal a Singularity that has lost their copyright? Neat!

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 23, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I mean yeah, the bleed item is obviously super strong, but why would I bother with bleed when my goal is to make a team I can just mindlessly click Winrate with on my phone whilst I do other poo poo :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most bleed teams do that better than any other team tbh

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

By the way, do we have confirmation that Limbus Company has replaced LobCorp has it's Wing? because I think it was implied but never explicitly confirmed.
My impression is that Limbus is one of the possible candidates for L Corp Wing status and harvesting Golden Boughs is their attempt to win the bid.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Has anyone else noticed Sinclair's lifetime stew sometimes hitting 5 targets instead of 3? Not sure what causes this bug. It seems like when this triggers it hits 3 enemies + 2 allies.

Would probably be pretty useful if it was reliable or consistent.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

My impression is that Limbus is one of the possible candidates for L Corp Wing status and harvesting Golden Boughs is their attempt to win the bid.

My main question about the titular Limbus company is... what exactly does it do? The beginning of the game gives the impression that this is a newly formed, ragtag group that requires Dante's power to function at all, but then you gradually learn they have sponsors, and connections, and an entire forward team, and seems to somehow have made some kind of a name for itself even before getting Dante. It's very weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The bus crew are just a branch of the company, not the entire company. They're called the LCB. Effie and Saude (and the Ishmael/Rodion identities) are part of the before team of the LCC. We know LCC stands for Limbus Company Clearance, so LCB probably means Limbus Company Bus or Limbus Company Bough.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Edit: Wait, you can just steal a Singularity that has lost their copyright? Neat!

Specifically, it was stated in the Book of Sen that W Corp purchased the rights for it with a large amount of money, before it became "public domain" like augmentation tattoos I presume.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

re: Distortion Chat earlier, Disortion seems mostly tied up in retreating into your desires/delusions so hard that it twists you physically, the reasons for doing so can range from not wanting to face some terrible truth to just pure hedonism. A fanatic physically pushed to the edge definitely fits the bill.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

My main question about the titular Limbus company is... what exactly does it do? The beginning of the game gives the impression that this is a newly formed, ragtag group that requires Dante's power to function at all, but then you gradually learn they have sponsors, and connections, and an entire forward team, and seems to somehow have made some kind of a name for itself even before getting Dante. It's very weird.

"what does this company even do" is kind of a plot point since Dante wonders what they even want the Boughs for. Knowing the City, probably nothing good.

All we really know is that they apparently have riot police and oddly prescient hiring practices

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Pigbuster posted:

Until proven otherwise, I'm just assuming Limbus Company is in startup mode. We've gotten a lot of investor money to do big and ill-defined things, but because we're still laying the foundations and spinning up to do whatever we're trying to do they don't expect a return on it yet. Emphasis on yet.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The big question is... what the hell are we selling then?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Bear brand beer  Abnormality brand soda.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It could be as simple as "our services": We can reliably track and (somewhat) reliably acquire the Golden Boughs. So while we're not going to be shuffling them off to any other company, if you're willing to hire? We can make sure that at least your competitors won't be getting it either.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

Abnormality brand soda.

also, boat rides

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
lol, my current main team (g gregor, n faust, bunnycliff, chef ryoshu, funny tingtang man) drat near 1-rounded headless ichthys 30 in the thread dungeon

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Okay this has been confusing me for a while - what's up with the number range shown when a multi-coin ability isn't clashing? For example, Gregor's Keep It Fresh is a base of 4 & two +2 coins, which would logically result in a range of 4–8, which is indeed the range shown in the interface when it's clashing. However, when making an unopposed attack, or when not targeted at all, it inexplicably shows a range of 8–14. What on Earth is that range? The lower bound appears to be the base value multiplied by the number of coins, which, while useless, is at least consistent. The upper bound just seems nonsensical; Butcher Viand is base 5 & four +1 coins, a range of 5–9, yet displays 20–30. This also seems to be what's behind the huge inaccurate numbers displayed whenever you block an attack. I can't tell if it's just bugged or if I'm missing something, but it's been like this for a while and it seems weird for a bug to go unfixed and unnoticed for so long.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 24, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I think if it's one-sided it shows damage range, which takes into account enemy resistances and weaknesses, etc.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junpei posted:

I think if it's one-sided it shows damage range, which takes into account enemy resistances and weaknesses, etc.

Am I just drastically misunderstanding how damage works? Is the base value actually added to every coin when calculating damage? I don't understand how Butcher Viand could go from a clash of 5–9 to a damage of 20–30.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For multi-coin skills, every hit is effectively base skill power + (number of heads x coin power). So Butcher Vivandi would deal 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 damage on all heads, a max damage of 30. (With minimum damage of course being 5 + 5 + 5 + 5.)

And that's of course affected by enemy resistances, passives, ego gifts, etc.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The most extreme example of this is WARP Don's charged Rip Space.

It has a base power of 1, with 5 coins that each give +6. But instead of a piddly 31 damage it can do hundreds.
Each coin benefits from the damage bonus of all the coins before it, plus it can benefit from the stagger damage multiplier if an enemy gets staggered partway through.

That's also why single coin skills are generally underwhelming even when they have pretty big looking numbers like Blade Lineage Sinclair's.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Arzaac posted:

For multi-coin skills, every hit is effectively base skill power + (number of heads x coin power). So Butcher Vivandi would deal 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 damage on all heads, a max damage of 30. (With minimum damage of course being 5 + 5 + 5 + 5.)

And that's of course affected by enemy resistances, passives, ego gifts, etc.

Ahhhhhh, thank you! I think I had a suspicion that was how it worked, but I dismissed it since it's so dramatically different from how clashes are calculated. They... should really show both ranges simultaneously and separately, imo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The most extreme example of this is WARP Don's charged Rip Space.

It has a base power of 1, with 5 coins that each give +6. But instead of a piddly 31 damage it can do hundreds.
Each coin benefits from the damage bonus of all the coins before it, plus it can benefit from the stagger damage multiplier if an enemy gets staggered partway through.

That's also why single coin skills are generally underwhelming even when they have pretty big looking numbers like Blade Lineage Sinclair's.

that explains why don once slapped someone's poo poo for 96 damage on the 4th rip space hit

that's not even the big finishing move don calm down

e: though those skills run their own risks, sometimes no matter your sanity you just :rolldice: and get murdered by an angry chicken

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Maint on the 26th, not anything major besides getting all Abno info after a win, previewing skills before Threadspin and being able to set Artwork for units.

No mention of a bug I just read about: apparently Chef Ryoshu was so strong at LV1 because her S3 deals more damage the less offense level you have against the enemy instead of more. Meaning it gets weaker as you level.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1650729956257742848

FULL N CORP TEAM IS GO.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

The bus crew are just a branch of the company, not the entire company. They're called the LCB. Effie and Saude (and the Ishmael/Rodion identities) are part of the before team of the LCC. We know LCC stands for Limbus Company Clearance, so LCB probably means Limbus Company Bus or Limbus Company Bough.

The event also mentions LCD, which handles Distortions.

I wonder what LCA could be? Assuming it's another field team and not just upper management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
coulda sworn LCA was "After", for clean-up and recovery.