Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

The black area is just where tickets are low cost because it's a poor viewing angle, isn't it?

They've already pre-sold like 50,000 tickets, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Isn't the blacked out area like a 1/3 of the arena? No idea how he's getting a max of 30/40K seats.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

El Generico posted:

The black area is just where tickets are low cost because it's a poor viewing angle, isn't it?

They haven’t pre-sold any tickets yet. Preregistered interest isn’t a sale.

The black area is supposedly entirely curtained off for the staging, which is why it’s the same colour as the “STAGE” zoning. They’ll probably open some up closer to the event when they nail down what’s going where.

syzpid posted:

Isn't the blacked out area like a 1/3 of the arena? No idea how he's getting a max of 30/40K seats.

The dude himself said it’s “almost half” so more than half of the arena is still open and then landed on a total sales figure that was also less than half. Don’t think so hard about it, it’s fed stan twitter.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 23, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Generico posted:

Nnnnnnnnnneither of those things are true.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

History Comes Inside! posted:

They haven’t pre-sold any tickets yet. Preregistered interest isn’t a sale.

The black area is supposedly entirely curtained off for the staging, which is why it’s the same colour as the “STAGE” zoning. They’ll probably open some up closer to the event when they nail down what’s going where.

This is correct and I'm dumb!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

El Generico posted:

This is correct and I'm dumb!

your not dumb just mistaken :)

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Venomous posted:

idk, they could get Eddie back for one more B&G

I doubt that, what with Claudio and all.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The blacked out section is where the King's gonna sit. He needs so much space because he likes to put his feet up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Writer Cath posted:

The blacked out section is where the King's gonna sit. He needs so much space because he likes to put his feet up.

Eddie Kingston deserves no less

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yeah and the show starts tomorrow, checkmate ner--oh wait

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
30 - 40,000????? wtf that's a tiny amount!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While spending time thinking about The Junkie is a waste it is funny that in the article I saw posting the seating chart they gave 60,000 as the likely total.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

idk i read that you aren't allowed to book wembley unless you can guarantee 80k. so it looks like they won't ever get to run it again. i think that's a big mistake made by a mark promoter

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

idk i read that you aren't allowed to book wembley unless you can guarantee 80k. so it looks like they won't ever get to run it again. i think that's a big mistake made by a mark promoter

imo they'll be lucky to get out of the stadium without the FA beating them all to death for their treachery.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

imo they'll be lucky to get out of the stadium without the FA beating them all to death for their treachery.

The whole event is just a Stadium stampede with the FA vs AEW vs the Fans

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The whole event is just a Stadium stampede with the FA vs AEW vs the Fans

Ah so a rematch of the Euros 2020 final

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
What do numbers even mean? One? A million? Who knows?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Trying to explain numbers to a fed pilled Twitter user is like trying to make americans use the metric system.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nativity In Black posted:

I think BCC is like TMNT. Mox is Raph, Yoots is Mikey, Claudio is Leo, and Danielson is Donny.

Mox is Casey Jones, Danielson is the Rat King, Claudio is Leatherhead, and Yuta is April O'Neil.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Guillermus posted:

Trying to explain numbers to a fed pilled Twitter user is like trying to make americans use the metric system.

Which, I've heard, is like trying to read a dog Shakespeare.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So we now know that to these folks anything less than 90k is a horrible disaster and AEW's days are finally numbered

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We knew that already

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

re: HHH

https://twitter.com/JSWFox1/status/1650229920071573504?t=uoujhzjrZj9maYa12ji5AQ&s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:lmao: yeah, TK is gonna hire that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HHH has millions of dollars in stock and doesn't have to work another day in his life. He doesn't have to go work for some outlaw mudshow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would think HHH would be more likely to start his own promotion than go to AEW. I don't think the latter is impossible, but I also think HHH and TK really don't like each other, so there'd have to be some palpable mutual hatred of Vince motivating them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If hiring Regal was hiring a snake, hiring HHH would be hiring a whole drat snake island.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony would hire triple h unless his entire roster banded together to beg him not to. that isn't the ridiculous part of those crazay messages

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
tony khan would hire HHH and they'd become best friends

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

MotU posted:

tony khan would hire HHH and they'd become best friends

Does Tony have a daughter?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
HHH getting into AEW, and creating his mark on the industry by running DARKXT in orlando would be pretty cool.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/LouieLouie88/status/1650228026830106624?t=BXpadcHRi9t72hGBByQ43A&s=19

Yeah no one knew how big Eddie and Rey were until WWE gave them a chance in the 2000s.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

HHH getting into AEW, and creating his mark on the industry by running DARKXT in orlando would be pretty cool.

His one weird trick of signing top ROH guys wouldn’t work there though.

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/LouieLouie88/status/1650228026830106624?t=BXpadcHRi9t72hGBByQ43A&s=19

Yeah no one knew how big Eddie and Rey were until WWE gave them a chance in the 2000s.

Not only that, Eddie had already been released from WWE at that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That person probably wasn't even alive when that match happened

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am impressed The Holzerman is even more clueless than usual. Punk didn't invite them to fight, they didn't go expecting a fight! That's the whole point and why they went with Megha who is the #2 in the company.

quote:

Smith and the Masseys want to have their cake and to be able to eat it too. They are trying to walk both worlds, as an active wrestler and as executives who have privileges that the plebes on the rank-and-file roster don’t have. Allow me to spell it out for you.

When the incident happened, the Elite reacted like wrestlers, albeit the pettiest, most agenda driven, least, pardon the use of male genital imagery here, “sack-up” wrestlers possible by making sure they had legal come with them as if they were documenting an HR case. Still, taking an invitation for a fight at face value RIGHT AFTER the invitation was given is something that has happened in every wrestling locker room in the history of the sport. I don’t begrudge them wanting to handle it like the locker rooms in “the old days.” Truth be told, sterile, sanitized WWE locker rooms of the present have had brawls go down. Just do a Google search on Hunico.

The problem with the way they handled it isn’t that they handled it like wrestlers. It’s that they went in like “the boys” and then now are trying to invoke managerial privilege at worst and “standard workplace” etiquette at the absolute best in the fallout. If you run up on someone at their behest, and the word gets out that there was a legit fight backstage, no matter how pathetic it probably was, the next step is that if no one quits or gets fired over it, you go out and you make a loving angle out of it. I don’t want to hear about how that doesn’t happen in a regular workplace because the wrestling business has never been a “regular” workplace. At worst, they are flushing a hot angle down the toilet and proving every terrible criticism of them correct. At best, they are just proving what Brooks said as being correct that he worked “with children who couldn’t manage a Target.”

https://tholzerman.substack.com/p/are-you-a-wrestler-or-a-manager

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Using everyone's real last names is a good way to try to convince people (and yourself) that you are doing Elevated writing about wrestling

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Smith and the Masseys are the best doo-wop group working the Garden State dinner-and-a-show circuit

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

I am impressed The Holzerman is even more clueless than usual. Punk didn't invite them to fight, they didn't go expecting a fight! That's the whole point and why they went with Megha who is the #2 in the company.

https://tholzerman.substack.com/p/are-you-a-wrestler-or-a-manager

I do love how people have just run with the idea that the Elite went up to the companies head of legal and were like "Hey you wanna come watch us kick CM Punk's rear end?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I do love how people have just run with the idea that the Elite went up to the companies head of legal and were like "Hey you wanna come watch us kick CM Punk's rear end?"

I do like this idea more because we can imagine Megha shaking her head in shame at them after they got their asses kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1650544669439275015?t=CJGgAZbqu6KQFR6Iva4a9A&s=19