Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Going to suggest being the only non-Japanese to win the GHC Heavyweight Title is more notable than anything involving Sami

This would require the wider wrestling fanbase to care about NOAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

This would require the wider wrestling fanbase to care about NOAH

Imma suggest NOAH are more notable than TNA

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Going to suggest being the only non-Japanese to win the GHC Heavyweight Title is more notable than anything involving Sami

And winning the ROH World Title when no-one apart from me thought he was going to be the one to beat Roddy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

forkboy84 posted:

Imma suggest NOAH are more notable than TNA

Did any midgets masturbate in rubbish bins in NOAH?

Checkmate Athetits.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
NOAH definitely had better matches at their peak but I remember more trashy TNA than I do the average NOAH show.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i will always have the tiger suplex off the ramp playing in high rotation in my head over any tna funny stuff.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Suplex Liberace posted:

i will always have the tiger suplex off the ramp playing in high rotation in my head over any tna funny stuff.
Most of the really brutal TNA spots were self-imposed so you're right. Like Samoa Joe dropkicking himself on top of stairs, or Jeff Hardy jumping off a cage into stairs, or Abyss just suffering first degree burns but as a twist, through a table. The brutal NOAH spots was someone just beating the hell out of someone else

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

those were sad spots in a sad company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA over the past 2 years is better than at least current NOAH for numerous reasons

I'll give two right off the bat: no world champ over the age of 40 (NOAH's had 4), no Kaito Kiyomiya humiliation (NOAH's done it constantly)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Important NOAH fact: Rene Dupree recently defeated Kazushi Sakuraba in NOAH

E:

Anthony Greene, El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Rene Dupree, Simon Gotch & Stallion Rogers defeat Daiki Inaba, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kinya Okada, Masaaki Mochizuki & Shuhei Taniguchi (13:29)

NOAH Destination 2022 - TV-Show @ Nippon Budokan in Tokyo, Japan

Rene Dupree and the Retrosexual doing team up moves on the Gracie Hunter imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another big L from NOAH: Dupree was/is in a good team with Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr, and they won the tag titles which ruled!

But then they had to vacate it because they won it in the start of the COVID era and wouldn't have been able to travel for defenses

And then when they were finally able to come back NOAH's idea of good faith was to let them win it again just to lose it again two weeks later to loving Michael Elgin :ohno:

NOAH: a company with a lot of things that could rule if it weren't hosed with

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BrokenWWESC/status/1649621343674204161

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m glad they’ve improved the realism

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA over the past 2 years is better than at least current NOAH for numerous reasons

I'll give two right off the bat: no world champ over the age of 40 (NOAH's had 4), no Kaito Kiyomiya humiliation (NOAH's done it constantly)

Yeah but the Kaito thing is really funny

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

As if Top Dolla would ever be able to go over the top rope that smoothly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
GOTY.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

I will have to gently disagree. NOAH is no perfect company but I'll take 51 year old Takashi Sugiura over anyone that Impact can offer, never mind Shiozaki, Nakajima, Kenoh, Kiyomiya, Lee. And as for the company behind Okato, they don't get to laugh at wasting young talent.

Honestly, it we're comparing Impact to a Japanese company it should be All Japan, but if All Japan didn't have the best wrestler in the world. They both may well have some great wrestling, but if nae oval office watches then does it matter?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GOTY

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1650257881139126274?s=20

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
jeff shell: back in 6 months, with a mustache this time

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrZHtztLPh-/?igshid=YjNmNGQ3MDY=

You do not in fact have to give a “special thanks to Vince McMahon”, Cody

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deleted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1650269336974630914

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I don't know where else to put this but I'm dying lol

https://twitter.com/the_joe_marotta/status/1647341719732510721

e: this guys whole account is gold

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 24, 2023

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

I checked out of WWE right around the time of the invasion horseshit, so I missed the whole period of guys like Edge and Batista.

So, for anyone who was watching, I really would like to know why is Vince talking like this?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

I checked out of WWE right around the time of the invasion horseshit, so I missed the whole period of guys like Edge and Batista.

So, for anyone who was watching, I really would like to know why is Vince talking like this?

Vince went through several personalities at the time. All of them used the N word but only one did it on camera. I think it was a result of him being exploded in a limo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

forkboy84 posted:

And as for the company behind Okato, they don't get to laugh at wasting young talent.

Impact is a completely different company than what it was when Okato was there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Vince went through several personalities at the time. All of them used the N word but only one did it on camera. I think it was a result of him being exploded in a limo.

no it was the leadup to him being exploded in a limo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince got exploded in the limo, and then the Chris Benoit situation happened less than two weeks later, leading to Vince coming back to TV and his mysterious exploding limo being memory holed for all time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Also, people often forget that after Vince was blown up, fans were literally calling FBI field offices to ask questions about the crime, which led to WWE having to tell people to knock that poo poo off, because the ficticious “FIB” investigatory agency was on the case, replete with “FIB” agents issuing statements on WWE shows.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gonz posted:

Also, people often forget that after Vince was blown up, fans were literally calling FBI field offices to ask questions about the crime, which led to WWE having to tell people to knock that poo poo off, because the ficticious “FIB” investigatory agency was on the case, replete with “FIB” agents issuing statements on WWE shows.

Donald Trump called to check if Vince was OK. This is a thing that happened.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Didn't Benoit go Bonkers right after Vince exploded, derailing the whole thing?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He was overcome with grief over the loss of his employer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When does Wrestlemania Backlash?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I love this

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
how is Noam Dar still under contract

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

Impact is a completely different company than what it was when Okato was there.

Absolutely

If it wasn’t the immediate next weekend, it was the one after that. It was real soon after, which is part of why a lot of people didn’t even believe it at first

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

If it wasn’t the immediate next weekend, it was the one after that. It was real soon after, which is part of why a lot of people didn’t even believe it at first

The timeline went like this:

- June 11: Raw ends with Vince's limo exploding. The show is a Draft episode and involves Benoit (of SmackDown) losing to ECW Champion Bobby Lashley, which immediately leads to Benoit getting drafted to ECW. In that episode, Lashley gets drafted to Raw and has to vacate the ECW title.

- June 15: Sherri Martel dies of a drug overdose at 49.

- June 18: Raw involves Stephanie coming to the ring to do a heartfelt eulogy of her father, which is heavily booed. There is criticism for the storyline in light of Sherri's death days earlier and the whole thing just felt like it was in bad taste.

- June 19: Benoit has his last match, beating Elijah Burke in the semifinals of an ECW title tournament. Show ends with a face-to-face with CM Punk, hyping their big PPV title match.

- June 22-24: The Benoit horrors happen. He was supposed to compete at Vengeance, but they instead claim that he had a family emergency and replace him with Johnny Nitro.

- June 25: Vince announces on Raw that the Benoit family was found dead, so he canceled the storyline and sent all the fans home. Raw then becomes increasingly awkward for the next three hours.

- June 26: Vince starts ECW with an apology for the previous night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gavok posted:

The timeline went like this:

- June 11: Raw ends with Vince's limo exploding. The show is a Draft episode and involves Benoit (of SmackDown) losing to ECW Champion Bobby Lashley, which immediately leads to Benoit getting drafted to ECW. In that episode, Lashley gets drafted to Raw and has to vacate the ECW title.

- June 15: Sherri Martel dies of a drug overdose at 49.

- June 18: Raw involves Stephanie coming to the ring to do a heartfelt eulogy of her father, which is heavily booed. There is criticism for the storyline in light of Sherri's death days earlier and the whole thing just felt like it was in bad taste.

- June 19: Benoit has his last match, beating Elijah Burke in the semifinals of an ECW title tournament. Show ends with a face-to-face with CM Punk, hyping their big PPV title match.

- June 22-24: The Benoit horrors happen. He was supposed to compete at Vengeance, but they instead claim that he had a family emergency and replace him with Johnny Nitro.

- June 25: Vince announces on Raw that the Benoit family was found dead, so he canceled the storyline and sent all the fans home. Raw then becomes increasingly awkward for the next three hours.

- June 26: Vince starts ECW with an apology for the previous night.

Incredible.