Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

euphronius posted:

bad news goons I have to buy a new car. not great timing.

how much will the interest rate be. 9% 10%?????

take out a business loan and buy a taco truck. also get diplomatic immunity and commit all the fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

your better off getting some reindeer and a sleigh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a sienna?? is that possible?

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/charliebilello/status/1645519085927628814?s=20

Bad but not historically bad. The crazy percentages are for used cars.

Good luck finding what you want and paying anything at/below MSRP though, especially if it's a Toyota.

guess i should get around to replacing the struts and fixing the AC on my 180k mile subaru because it's not getting replaced unless i get a 200% raise

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

euphronius posted:

bad news goons I have to buy a new car. not great timing.

how much will the interest rate be. 9% 10%?????

:same: :rip:

Hopefully replacing the clogged secondary automatic transmission filter will do the trick, but this is a Nissan Versa so that's unlikely and there's probably yet another problem lurking behind that one. Remember when the Nissan CEO had to be literally smuggled out of Japan?

Really awesome how this is something we have to responsible for instead of sharing one big vehicle that goes back to a depot at night with spare parts, technicians, and spare vehicles. Nope, have to individually pay for each and every repair, have the expertise to diagnose the issue and not get scammed, and are responsible for this even when the automaker was objectively bad at their job.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

thalweg posted:

guess i should get around to replacing the struts and fixing the AC on my 180k mile subaru because it's not getting replaced unless i get a 200% raise

221k here :smith:

i can’t afford housing but at least I can get destroyed on price and financing for a used car lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

thalweg posted:

Nope
https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1649041698977193984?s=20

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you can't buy actual residential brick construction anywhere in the US afaik, modern brick construction is one course of decorative brick over a stick frame

lmao I had a friend who had this old mustang he was rebuilding parked next to the side of his parents house when Katrina struck and they evacuated for weeks
upon return he found that singular layer of brickwork had fallen away from the rest of the house and landed all over his car

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

euphronius posted:

I want the Toyota minivan hahah. oh no

After you buy it come post how much they hosed you, share your humiliation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

euphronius posted:

I want the Toyota minivan hahah. oh no

Thread title

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

skooma512 posted:

Remember when the Nissan CEO had to be literally smuggled out of Japan?

here today, ghosn tomorrow

hardly renault ye

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how is a Toyota minivan 50,000$

what is this world

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Thread title

Thread title

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

when am i going to start getting articles about the US's "ghost cities"

as soon as they figure out how to blame it on china

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Doomtalker posted:

Thread title

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nothus posted:

Good luck finding what you want and paying anything at/below MSRP though, especially if it's a Toyota.

Hopefully this bankrupts everyone who gets a 7 year car loan for a loving "pickup truck"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

as soon as they figure out how to blame it on china

wow you forgot putler

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Hopefully this bankrupts everyone who gets a 7 year car loan for a loving "pickup truck"

as mentioned above those are all business loans so won’t bankrupt them directly

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

those are still awful numbers

inflation will be fixed any day now.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

as mentioned above those are all business loans so won’t bankrupt them directly

all time high gas prices this summer will :twisted:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

inflation will be fixed any day now.

its transitory just wait till 2069

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

every rural white guy I know has like 4 side businesses with his kids and relatives and buys boats and trucks through the businesses

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

dunno about other places but the dealerships near me aren't even stocking anything new that isn't a top of the line trim level lol

Apr 7, 2003

My Subaru dealer is one of the biggest in the state and according to their website they've only got 21 new cars on the lot, and they're selling another ~50 cars that are in transit and you can't even test drive. lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know it doesn’t work like this I think but can you go to a dealer and order a car the way you want it. or ?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I got a '23 Corrolla back in October and felt lucky to pay MSRP because a used '22 model was selling at like $3-5k higher than what I paid.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Nothus posted:

I bought a Toyota RAV4 at MSRP, 48 months @1.9% a year ago. it felt bad paying MSRP, but this was after another dealer tried to attach a 4k “market rate” fee and 2k in useless dealer addons. couldn’t have laughed my way out of there any quicker.

I guess the way to go is ask the sales manager to put you on a call list if anyone cancels their custom orders. The guy told me they do those at MSRP no matter what. worked for me, and got exactly what I wanted.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

how is a Toyota minivan 50,000$

what is this world

Jeeps are $65k

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I know it doesn’t work like this I think but can you go to a dealer and order a car the way you want it. or ?

yeah, its just gonna take a some months for you to get what you want, like 2-6 months depending.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

that's how things used to be prior to the 1980s, you filled out a build sheet at the dealership with what you wanted, paid a deposit, and the car came within a few weeks and you went and picked it up

dunno why they moved away from that but I've never even had that option when I went to buy a new car

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Jeeps are $65k

Hear they have a lot of inventory sitting around because their brilliant plan to turn Jeep into a quasi-luxury brand isn't exactly panning out

Keep an eye out for big dealer incentives on a piece of poo poo in the near future

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that's how things used to be prior to the 1980s, you filled out a build sheet at the dealership with what you wanted, paid a deposit, and the car came within a few weeks and you went and picked it up

dunno why they moved away from that but I've never even had that option when I went to buy a new car

I custom ordered a car in 2012 and took someone else’s canceled order last year. it’s definitely been an option you just gotta ask for it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

What are the used-car loan rates these days?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

depends on your state. I’ve lived in some states you can do that on the automakers websites and others where the dealers have locked that poo poo down.

Bar Ran Dun has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Apr 24, 2023

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Bar Ran Dun posted:

depends on your state. I’ve lived in since states you can do that on the automakers websites and others where the dealers have locked that poo poo down.

drat we need some sort of federal government to make sure some states don’t get dicked over

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how can a used version of a car cost more than it new .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:qq:

edit

the estimated interest rate on the Toyota webpage is 9.49%

euphronius has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Apr 24, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

it generally doesn’t anymore. there was a period during the Covid bonanza where everyone and their mother who used to take public transit went out and bought cars, or people replacing their beater with Berniebux. that drive used prices the moon

now, not really. they’ve dropped and new inventory has grown a bit. it’s still bad though because used prices can be like 95% of MSRP still. but it so heavily depends on brand, meme factor, fashion, age, miles, and trim. I saw a used 2012 PT cruiser with 100k miles for 6k the other day. there was another 2000-something ford suv something for 4k

e: should state the obvious but don’t buy a used car online. you would be an absolute moron to do that because they Jack up prices for extremely online shut in morons who will pay out the rear end for a”buy it now!” button

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:05 on Apr 24, 2023

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

euphronius posted:

thanks obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HallelujahLee posted:

wow you forgot putler

Thread title