Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would like to see what the Ioniq5 N or whatever their version of the GT will look like.. unless they're just going to skip that for this model year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Is the Ioniq brand going to be its own thing like Genesis is? I don't see Hyundai having a performance car under their name.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

I bet your wipers even turn on without the assistance of an 8-GPU neural net

It's a $2 sensor that measures resistance across the windshield.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's a $2 sensor that measures resistance across the windshield.

It's really bad, and somehow gets worse with every update.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Is the Ioniq brand going to be its own thing like Genesis is? I don't see Hyundai having a performance car under their name.

It's not really it's own brand like Genesis (which is supposed to be like Hyundai's Lexus), it's just a designation for their EVs, like BMW i(x). They also do have performance/race cars under their brand, and their "sport" trim is given the "N-line" designation.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

VideoGameVet posted:

I'm impressed with the Miles/KWh claim of over 4. Better than my Kia Niro EV.

Stellantis is claiming very high efficiency for their new EV drivetrain. Will be interesting to see how well those claims fare in real use. I guess those avengers will be the first ones out.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Finger Prince posted:

That's exactly what they're doing, per the Hyundai salesman I talked to. It's the inflation reduction act in action, attempting to lower the prices of some things.

It is definitely them trying to stay cost competitive.

BMW right now has a $7500 lease rebate on the i4 and iX for the same reason.

I'm sure a lot of the EV pricing was done with the assumption of the Federal tax credit being available to help soften the blow for customers and the mfg's are scrambling to stay competitive.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

DoLittle posted:

Stellantis is claiming very high efficiency for their new EV drivetrain. Will be interesting to see how well those claims fare in real use. I guess those avengers will be the first ones out.

Well they would be getting even better results if they didn't use 18" wheels in all the press units. Preorders didn't even had the choice of going smaller wheels(I would have preferred to get the poverty spec 215/65 R16 instead of the 215/55 R18 they mandated on the first edition).

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
On the first week of commuting, our e208 (2022 version) delivered 14.6 kWh/100 km (4.25 mi/kWh) on 90% busy multilane 80/100 km/h roads, 10% urban/suburban streets.

For the 2023 version they claim about a 7,5% improvement over the 2022 version.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

80 km/h is about as good as it gets for EV efficiency.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They already have the N line which is pretty high performance for a mass market brand.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Finger Prince posted:

It's not really it's own brand like Genesis (which is supposed to be like Hyundai's Lexus), it's just a designation for their EVs, like BMW i(x). They also do have performance/race cars under their brand, and their "sport" trim is given the "N-line" designation.

The i for BMWs mean they are fuel injected.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MrLogan posted:

The i for BMWs mean they are fuel injected.

the trailing i means fuel injected and the leading i means they're electric

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Just came across this link showing EV registrations in California, kind of neat if you want to see what's popular: https://tableau.cnra.ca.gov/t/CNRA_...3AshowVizHome=n

21% market share in Q1 is pretty huge.

The growth is pretty remarkable too, in 2019 there were 100k BEV sold in total in California, and just Q1 2023 is about that same number. Also a bit disappointing that nobody's combined BEV fleet is even close to matching the volume of Tesla's second most popular vehicle.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

So then what would an i950i be? :thunk:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

cruft posted:

Electron injection via Van de Graaf generator

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

EV6 GT review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVRlIsN85I

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cruft posted:

well it doesn't exist they're mutually exclusive but in theory it would be a very large sedan with some kind of BMW voltec drive train making about ~500hp

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I’m not a fan of Tesla’s latest update zooming the navigation map in all the way at every turn. I can’t turn it off as far as I can tell.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It ruins the joke if you explain it!

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

MrLogan posted:

It ruins the joke if you explain it!

Joke?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
"e" on a BMW number designation meant shameful BMW (efficiency)

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

WhiteHowler posted:

My local Hyundai dealer now has a "manufacturer discount" on all of their EVs. It's reflected in their listed price, and I'm not sure what exactly that means. The most common one is $3750, which coincidentally is half of the federal EV tax credit (which none of their vehicles qualify for currently). I wonder if it's Hyundai scrambling to stay price-competitive with credit-eligible cars.

Edit: Oh! Another question -- if you use an Android phone, have you tried the Android Auto integration yet? I'm really curious how well it works on the Ioniq 5.
The $3750 rebate requires you to finance through Hyundai at something like 6% interest. The lease is a good deal right now. When you lease it, Hyundai will kick in $7500 for your down payment. They get this money as part of the Inflation Reduction Act (the EV tax credit requirements are less restrictive if a corporation owns the car) and are passing it on to lessors. Once the lease is started, you can buy it out immediately. I've heard that you can finance the buyout and some people are getting new car interest rates by doing it ASAP.

I have not had any issues with Android Auto, but wireless AA is not available. The USB port is on the floor under the dash, which is kind of annoying. There are a bunch of USB ports in the center console, but those are for charging only.

VideoGameVet posted:

If it's like my Kia EV and has the 3 driving modes (Eco, Normal, Performance), there's a menu that lets you set the default ReGen for each of these.
I found out that for the RWD model that I have, it defaults to level 3 each time you start the car. The AWD models remember the setting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

6% is about the best deal you can get right now. People with 850s are getting offers at 8%.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

TheGoatTrick posted:

I have not had any issues with Android Auto, but wireless AA is not available. The USB port is on the floor under the dash, which is kind of annoying. There are a bunch of USB ports in the center console, but those are for charging only.

Yeah, I just read about that. It's super disappointing. Hyundai has wireless AA on a bunch of their vehicles, but not any of the Ioniq line.

I mean, plugging in a USB cable isn't the end of the world -- I do it every time I get in my old-rear end Fusion. But the wireless tech is out there, and Hyundai opted not to include it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
For whatever reason they don't have it on any screen larger than 8"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Wireless AA is cool, but Holy gently caress does it cook your phone, also has connectivity problems when it drives through spots of interference, which it annoying.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
You should also be able to use a wireless AA adapter.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Tiny Timbs posted:

6% is about the best deal you can get right now. People with 850s are getting offers at 8%.

Jesus. Those numbers alone are why I jumped on a Tesla two years ago at 1.5% instead of waiting who knows how long for a Rivian.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

For whatever reason they don't have it on any screen larger than 8"

I wonder if there's some dark deal with their in-car navigation provider.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
hadn't even thought of in-dash nav being a perfect place for localized advertising but that's definitely coming to some car at some point

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'll pay in cash!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's really bad, and somehow gets worse with every update.

I know what you mean. Someone’s when it’s sprinkling, it takes a bit longer for the automatic wipers to activate on the R1T. :smith:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

I know what you mean. Someone’s when it’s sprinkling, it takes a bit longer for the automatic wipers to activate on the R1T. :smith:

Brag about your sweet truck more :(

It's cool though, I live in Georgia, and there's a poo poo load of them here.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

GlassEye-Boy posted:

I'll pay in cash!

I used that loophole on my last car.

"Finance with us and we'll knock X thousand off the price."

"Is there any penalty for early payoff?"

"No."

So I'd finance (after double-checking the contract) and then immediately pay in full when the first bill arrived. The dealer doesn't care because I think they get their full incentive once you sign the finance paperwork.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

There's banks out there that penalize early payoff? Sounds pretty scummy imo. I know some banks don't put extra payments into principal unless you tell them, but jeez.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Brag about your sweet truck more :(

It's cool though, I live in Georgia, and there's a poo poo load of them here.

I’m selling it in a few months when my VISA to Italy is approved if anyone wants it. Number 482 off the line. $90k with new tires and a Smittybilt overlander gen 2 tent on the back. :v:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Are you going to live that sweet boating life like you said?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Are you going to live that sweet boating life like you said?

Someday. Italy and Sicily first for the next 10 years until I can get my citizenship. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: nm

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 25, 2023