Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Crossing my fingers Yoshi P comes out on stage wearing a beauty and the beast shirt and crab shaped bling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

The new job is Geomancer and there's a part of the quest line where an npc sneers and says that it's just the same thing as conjury and you Kill them with a gun,

Now the real question is will it be lovely Geomancer like 5 or good Geomancer like T

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Give me a Swashbuckler job that injects some pirate style into the Scout armor glams and acts as a melee support DPS by shouting insults when they finish a combo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

good Geomancer like T

this is the most damning indictment of the geomancer job class I've ever seen

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

DelphiAegis posted:

Post the .wav or .mp3, I want that for phone sounds.

Actually, is there a good place/way to extract various sounds from the game? I know WoW had their own file extension they packed everything in that a utility could unzipper and let you browse/extract files from the archive. I assume with all the tpt something similar is possible.

You're looking for Godbert. It has sound file extraction capability. The file for that particular sound, unfortunately, I have no clue

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

My money is on a ranged DPS that uses Scouting and a new Caster. Probably Blitzer and Time Mage or Geomancer.

Blitzer would be like inverse Dancer, mostly melee but your burst is long range shot attacks. You pass the ball to other players during your melee phase to buff them and then kick/tackle the poo poo out of your target, then do like Sphere Shot and Jecht Shot in the ranged phase to burst

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 24, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
At this point I wouldn't be surprised with getting a single new job per expansion, especially since at least two will be looking at full reworks. Basically getting a new Dragoon and Astrologian in 7.0. Might even get more, or will expect more in the future.

And there's only so much you can do with a handful of other existing jobs.

What's Red Mage going to get? Another combo ender.

We've already seen a bunch of jobs get an added effect on their 2-minute cooldown that just activates another 2-minute cooldown. That's scraping the end of the line pretty bad already.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2023

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

DelphiAegis posted:

Actually, is there a good place/way to extract various sounds from the game? I know WoW had their own file extension they packed everything in that a utility could unzipper and let you browse/extract files from the archive. I assume with all the tpt something similar is possible.

The XIV Fan Kit has a bunch of stuff for download which has a lot of good, or at least fun, stuff.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

idk about "good" but in the past I've gotten sound effects for videos or personal projects buy just disabling all audio except for sound effects (or system sounds) then letting it go off while recording.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
After RPR, it's only fair that we get a mining-based combat job (scouting) and a fishing-based combat job (casting, of course)

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

There's a very high chance we're only getting one new job next expansion.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Put Geomancer in so it matches my CNJ-fighter RP

Firebert posted:

fishing-based combat job (casting, of course)

Clapping angrily.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'd be fine with one new job per expansion going forward, personally. Better to maintain high quality in what we get than to get shovelware jobs just to meet quota.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Antivehicular posted:

I'd be fine with one new job per expansion going forward, personally. Better to maintain high quality in what we get than to get shovelware jobs just to meet quota.

:same:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

hopeandjoy posted:

To the point you can set your crossbars on one and literally copy paste them over to your other jobs.

Doing this between Botanist and Miner, however, fucks up a little bit because some abilities are specifically for mining or logging. Their function is identical, they're just named differently.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dareon posted:

Doing this between Botanist and Miner, however, fucks up a little bit because some abilities are specifically for mining or logging. Their function is identical, they're just named differently.

This is true for all DoL. It's DoH that you can copy-paste for.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we know we're getting at least two new jobs in 7.0: the drg rework and the ast rework

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

What's Red Mage going to get? Another combo ender.

Regen on their heal maybe?

Maybe something thematically based on parrying (but not like what parrying is in-game right now; no idea what this would be).

This is tricky. Red Mage is pretty much everything it needs to be already. About all I can think of is to somehow give them a toggle to reverse their melee/ranged phases for…some reason, to get some kind of benefit, maybe?

Honestly, just make Vermillion Scourge last three seconds longer and be a few shades brighter and I’d be happy.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

red mage will get a light and dark spell. one will be a dot. the other....?

e: verdia and verscathe

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
give RDM a damage component tied to using their backflip in combat.

:twisted: you have to manually eyeball placing a damaging AoE with the landing zone

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

Vitamean posted:

red mage will get a light and dark spell. one will be a dot. the other....?

e: verdia and verscathe

Ver(y)foul? Verpolyglot?

On that note... have one be a DoT and the other is on a timer and "explodes" and refreshes. the DoT sorta like Thundercloud. Just on a timer instead of a random proc. Or have it just eat the DoT for a big nuke that scales off how long or how little time is left.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They're gonna upgrade Contre Sixte, Fleche, and Enchanted Moulinet with new animations and higher potency, and then let three Enchanted Moulinets in a row add AoE damage to Engagement and Displacement

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Red Mage is gonna get even more obnoxious particle effects and I'm here for it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mainwaring posted:

There's a very high chance we're only getting one new job next expansion.
YoshiP is gonna walk up on-stage, dramatically unzip a hoodie, and reveal a 4-man band album cover graphic tee. People are going to argue about how the band's name hints at the new job, then he's going to just flat out announce four new jobs that tie directly into 7.0's lore.

None of them will be Casting.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Firebert posted:

a fishing-based combat job (casting, of course)

i'm going to come to your house and just look at you

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Going by History, ARR came with:

2 Tanks
2 Healers
2 Melee DPS (with Ninja bumping it to 3 in a patch)
1 Ranged DPS
2 Casters

HW then went on to add:
+1 Tank
+1 Healer
+1 Ranged DPS

StB added:
+1 Melee DPS
+1 Caster

ShB added:
+1 Tank
+1 Ranged DPS

And finally, EW added:
+1 Melee DPS
+1 Healer

This leaves us with a grand total of:
4 Tanks
4 Healers
5 Melee DPS
3 Ranged DPS
3 Casters

That means 7.0 should add +1 Ranged DPS and +1 Caster.

HOWEVER!

Going by Roles added, HW added:
Tank and Ranged DPS

StB added:
Melee DPS and Caster

ShB added:
Tank and Ranged DPS

EW added:
Melee DPS and Healer

That suggests that 7.0 will add another Tank and another Ranged DPS.

Firebert posted:

After RPR, it's only fair that we get a mining-based combat job (scouting) and a fishing-based combat job (casting, of course)

This is it. The best post in this thread. Time to close it, and start a new one, because nobody can hope to top it.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Ver-Flashbang. But on the GCD.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be mad at Gambler using scouting. As for RDM, we'll get the same elemental upgrades for the AOE to proc as do the single targets. I wonder if they'll take cards entirely out of AST, as it seems like they don't know what to do with them. I miss OG AST trolling, putting a Spire on some entitled caster or a Bole on a dps that kept rolling in orange. I wasn't the sort to Balance fish, I just dealt the cards as best fit the situation (or my mood).

I don't play dragoon that much, so outside of rotation simplification or jump risk I'm not sure what's to be done.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

No new jobs, but gatherers now have combat abilities. Botanist is a healer, Miner is tank, Fisher is DPS.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wrestler Job that involves tossing your party at bosses too big to grapple.

I'm still mad that PvP Monk can jump kick someone into the stratosphere, but we still can't get a Suplex

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

No new jobs, but gatherers now have combat abilities. Botanist is a healer, Miner is tank, Fisher is DPS.

fsh doesn't unlock new traits and skills by leveling but by fishing log completion

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oneiros posted:

fsh doesn't unlock new traits and skills by leveling but by fishing log completion

Big fish give you your most important buttons.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

New Necromancer job will have a spell that turns a dead ally into a zombie minion that fights for 30 seconds then explodes. They cannot be revived until this effect ends.

edit: I'm remembering now, WoW already had literally exactly this. Somehow reality is even dumber than shitposting.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 25, 2023

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

New Necromancer job will have a spell that turns a dead ally into a zombie minion that fights for 30 seconds then explodes. They cannot be revived until this effect ends.

edit: I'm remembering now, WoW already had literally exactly this. Somehow reality is even dumber than shitposting.

In context of previous discussion, "Raise ally" sounds like something a fisherman would do (by hooking them by their collar).

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Pyrtanis posted:

I don't play dragoon that much, so outside of rotation simplification or jump risk I'm not sure what's to be done.

Dragoon is definitely a tough job for me, personally. I think a big part of a rework that would help would be just unlocking their main combos at lower levels, instead of being stuck with the 1-2-3 at level 50 and not unlocking a second AoE combo button until like level 70ish. I could also easily see condensing Wheeling Thrust and Fang & Claw into a single context sensitive button like the SMN secondary casting button. Honestly I think every class, except SMN since their rework, would benefit with some button condensing, but it would definitely be tougher with some than others.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I like the dragoons long combo, its got a good rhythm. For me There's just too many little buffs and side things and buttons you press once alongside a particular buff.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hogama posted:

YoshiP is gonna walk up on-stage, dramatically unzip a hoodie, and reveal a 4-man band album cover graphic tee. People are going to argue about how the band's name hints at the new job, then he's going to just flat out announce four new jobs that tie directly into 7.0's lore.

None of them will be Casting.

Paul's the tank, George the healer, John is ranged phys dps, and Ringo gets melee dps

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I particularly dislike the left eye/right eye buff thing. I think that would work better if it were more similar to the dancer's dance partner effect. Use the ability to mark an ally, and other abilities you use provide benefits. As it stands now it's the one ability I have macro'd because I set a focus target and use it that way, otherwise I just end up forgetting to target another player before using it.

The other idea I had would be giving all of the "use on an ally" abilities some kind of automatic functionality if used without a target, like Cover could effect the lowest health ally in lieu of a specific target, or dragon sight could just hit the closest dps in the party if you don't have a target picked.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

hexwren posted:

Paul's the tank, George the healer, John is ranged phys dps, and Ringo gets melee dps

Is Ringo the best parser in the Alliance Raid? No, he's not even the best parser in the Light Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

HPanda posted:

Regen on their heal maybe?

Maybe something thematically based on parrying (but not like what parrying is in-game right now; no idea what this would be).

This is tricky. Red Mage is pretty much everything it needs to be already. About all I can think of is to somehow give them a toggle to reverse their melee/ranged phases for…some reason, to get some kind of benefit, maybe?

If they give RDM more healing it should be Vercure III. Alisaie already has it!

Otherwise I'd be perfectly fine with leaving it exactly as is, I don't know what they could add that wouldn't make it worse. I wouldn't argue with a DoT but given the direction they've gone lately I'd be shocked to see them add a DoT to anything.