Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Flying Zamboni posted:

The setting for Vampire Hunter D is so cool, wish they made more of those movies or a series or something.

Yeh I'd love to get some of that vampire hunter D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/IvoryHecker/status/1650660080226914304

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

#ad

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Looking forward to a Dracula movie where I can't see a goddamn thing

John Cena as Dracula is certainly a Choice.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

The same director (who also did Ninja Scroll, Goku Midnight Eye, Demon City Shinjuku, etc.) did a Highlander anime that's not incredible but it has some cool looking stuff occasionally and is by far the best one besides the original.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that the hashtag is legally required.

Meanwhile, extremely on-point casting:
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1650680845756235776?t=q3jizq-zDKq3rQ1dXkuQlg&s=19

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hasturtium posted:

Wake me when it’s Dracula 3000.

Sorry, best I can do is 1972

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1MvSkNKb0

(Although this has Lee and Cushing in it, it is by no means good)

Also re: Hopping Vampires (Jiangshi) you should look up Mr. Vampire and Encounters of the Spooky Kind which are both incredibly entertaining.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dracula #ad

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dumb Money

Weirdly not an ad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Canonically so do much of the cast.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Casimir Radon posted:

I don’t think there’s anyway in hell they do less effects. I’m no expert on doing VFX but their timetable seems completely unworkable even if they destroy a dozen effects companies in the process.
The original Ghostbusters had about 200 VFX shots, which was considered a massive amount at the time.

Afterlife had around 1100, and Feig's Ghostbusters had over 1700, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that made them better movies.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also re: Hopping Vampires (Jiangshi) you should look up Mr. Vampire and Encounters of the Spooky Kind which are both incredibly entertaining.

Don't forget Robo Vampire, which features Z-tier Robocop machine-gunning hopping vampires and a topless ghost lady.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was sad when the three living cast members showed up in uniform and Dan Aykroyd opened his mouth. Then the ghost of Harold Ramis appeared and I honestly can’t remember how the movie ended after that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Payndz posted:

The original Ghostbusters had about 200 VFX shots, which was considered a massive amount at the time.

Afterlife had around 1100, and Feig's Ghostbusters had over 1700, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that made them better movies.
The original movie just had ghost/proton pack effects and matte paintings. Nowadays they use CGI on all kinds of stuff, and it’s not just big action scenes either. I highly doubt the takeaway they got from Afterlife was “less giant action set pieces”. Probably the opposite. So they’re either going to have to delay it, or it’ll be a mess.

I wouldn’t put it past them to get a dumb idea like trying to de-age the kids too since they’re like 4 years older now than when it was shot.

I didn’t mind the movie outside of overdoing the poo poo out of fanservice. Probably the worst example of that sort of thing I’ve seen. If they wanted original cast members involved they should have showed up sooner rather than tack on what felt like 20 minutes of forced nostalgia bait at the end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

They already made Dracula 3000.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
They could do the ghost effects with tissue paper and fishing line. Their target audience is people who will watch anything with the relevant IP branding.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Aww cmon now, you're telling me you don't enjoy seeing Dracula run around the swinging early 70's England?!

Ok I admit most of the later Hammer Dracula films are not good, but at least they're amusing. "Satanic Rites of Dracula" is straight up bonkers nonsense. https://youtu.be/eMAgmFScQvU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For a good cheap bonkers Dracula movie you could watch Old Dracula aka Vampira. Dracula is very old and wants to revive his wife so he invites a bunch of playboy bunnies to his castle so he can give his wife their blood. Since one of the bunnies is black his wife turns black, so he tries to cure her of her blackness. I'm not making this up. Anyway if you want to hear Dracula say "black is beautiful" and also see David Niven in blackface this is the movie for you.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The part where all of Johnny Alucard's poo poo talking about being the chosen one because he's responsible for resurrecting Dracula culminating in Christopher Lee getting in his face to be like "IT WAS MY WILL." and then putting out his ring for Johnny Alucard to kiss is like a top moment in cinema.

Also the part towards the end where the entire movie is building up how Peter Cushing knows what's up but is old and isn't like a full time vampire killing person like some of his ancestors to build up tension and suspense when it gets to the point where he has to confront the younger more powerful and now vampiric Johnny Alucard, but then when it happens Cushing just completely brutally turbo murders him in his own home in like two minutes loving rules.

Basically that movie should suck and sort of kind of does but the tryhard pitifulness of the Johnny Alucard character, the groovy early 70s outfits of the younger cast members, and the brief bits where Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing are on screen make it rule.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Afterlife was an entire movie jerking off over the originals, with barely any jokes and no funny jokes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Piell posted:

Afterlife was an entire movie jerking off over the originals, with barely any jokes and no funny jokes

I enjoyed the one joke "There's nothing here but worthless guns!"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Piell posted:

Exactly how I felt.

Nobody holds Ghostbusters in higher esteem than me, but I don't need to be jacked off and told how wonderful it was and then fed a slop of updated greatest hits.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love ghostbusters but never did I need to cry while watching it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i totally missed the beginning where they kill off egon (I think) and never felt the need to actually revisit it

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Dracula 1972 trailer introduced me to Stoneground, a legit interesting band, kinda ok early 70’s rock but with two black women with phenomenal voices as the lead singers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1650666019520643075

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

It could do good things for storyboarding, but whole movies? gently caress off back to the focus groups, Russo.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I don't think it would help storyboarding either. Previs for every big movie is already all but monopolized by The Third Floor - implementing a system where it's actually impossible to come up with new images rather than just having the same artists working on all of them would make these movies more creatively bankrupt than they already are.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michael Bay asking an AI to create a movie would result in more batshittery than usual.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I watch all Marvel movies, and will continue to do so. I don't give a poo poo, I'll eat up that slop forever.

The Russo brothers are absolutely insufferable douches that got high off their own supply and I never want to read a single opinion of theirs on movies or theaters or anything ever again.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'm not going to bother posting it because I hate when people post Chat GPT poo poo, but I told the bot to generate a three act plot for a Marvel movie starring Nova with Thor as a guest star, and the Russos might be out of a job soon.

It ends at the second act then inexplicably continues for another 45 minutes--just like the real thing.

EDIT: You asked for it.

quote:

Act 1:
Richard Rider is a young man living in a world where superheroes are common. However, he's never felt like he fit in with the other heroes. When his father, a scientist, dies in an accident, Richard discovers a mysterious alien artifact that he believes is connected to his father's death. Richard sets out to investigate the artifact, but he soon finds himself in over his head. He's attacked by a powerful alien race, the Kree, who are searching for the artifact. Just as Richard is about to be defeated, Thor appears and saves him. Thor explains that he's been searching for the artifact for years and that it's incredibly dangerous. He agrees to help Richard find out what happened to his father.

Act 2:
Richard and Thor travel to the Kree homeworld, Hala, where they discover that the Kree are planning to use the artifact to create a powerful weapon. They learn that the artifact is a Nova Corps helmet, a device that grants its wearer immense power. The Kree want to use the helmet to conquer the universe, and they've already captured several other Nova Corps members. Richard and Thor decide to rescue the captured members and stop the Kree's plan. They break into the Kree's stronghold and engage in a fierce battle. Richard dons the Nova Corps helmet and discovers that he has incredible powers. Together with Thor, they defeat the Kree and rescue the captured Nova Corps members.

Act 3:
With the Kree defeated, Richard is left with a difficult decision. Should he keep the Nova Corps helmet and become a superhero or return it to the Nova Corps and live a normal life? Thor advises Richard that with great power comes great responsibility, and he must decide what kind of hero he wants to be. Richard ultimately decides to become the next Nova Corps member and joins the ranks of the galaxy's greatest protectors. The movie ends with Richard flying off into space with Thor, ready for their next adventure.

Add in a joke along the lines of, "Wait, your name is really Dick Rider?" and you're home by 3.

Rochallor fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 26, 2023

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Rochallor posted:

I'm not going to bother posting it because I hate when people post Chat GPT poo poo, but I told the bot to generate a three act plot for a Marvel movie starring Nova with Thor as a guest star, and the Russos might be out of a job soon.

It ends at the second act then inexplicably continues for another 45 minutes--just like the real thing.

I gotta say, I'd be a little curious to see it.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Cael posted:

The Russo brothers are absolutely insufferable douches that got high off their own supply and I never want to read a single opinion of theirs on movies or theaters or anything ever again.

To be fair, I think it's just Joe. He's also the one who feels the need to have a cameo in each of their movies - particularly the one where the only way to respectfully depict the MCU's first gay character was for him, a straight man, to play him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did they fix Flounder to look less terrible? https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1650887635949199366?t=9twvNRUmAO5giN9hEqrTYg&s=19

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like it.

I wish they would add some Pixar-Nemo style depth to the water scenes. Everything is crystal clear and poo poo. Ugh.

Pattinson's drac-man sounds like the end of that BBC Dracula thing that was out some years back.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
If it weren't for the fish that image could be some place overlooking water, doesnt even look like they are underwater

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is that bird underwater or is the fish in the air?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wait til you hear about penguins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The twist is that this is actually a remake of Piranha 2: The Spawning