Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Then why did Mr Anime say this

That's fairly easy to answer: Too much of anything will break anyone.

Enjoy things in moderation, even moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I should watch more anime

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Endorph posted:

im mixed on patlabor 2 but unnatural city is one of the best scenes ive seen in any movie

People can take or leave the plot imo (I take it, I think it's mostly pretty solid and disagree with some people's idea of what they think the message is) but if you don't think it's one of the most beautiful things ever animated you have brain damage

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

watch shoujo kageki revue starlight

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Danaru posted:

They put Steins Gate and Stein's Gate 0 under "comedy", that was a trip

Are you telling me this isn't comedy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXvo3w4_YE

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I’m millions of years behind in anime.

I just really like old rear end shoujo like kodocha, utena, rose of versailles, oniisama-e, etc.

Have a funny kodocha and eva video. It’s like the anime David Duchovny (Why Won’t You Love Me)

https://youtu.be/rjSyKX-hpQs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You don't have to do anything you don't want to or name names but this is something that should really be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later given the recent problem(s) with weirdo obsessive types.

Don't worry, I've been in touch with the staff, and it'll be handled if it comes up again, the user is already perma'd so there's nothing that can be done besides popping people who need to continue the posting wars.

I really like Trigun, and I'm super stoked at the style in the new one. I know a lot of people are turned off by 3D, but stuff like that and RWBY look sick to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I looked up revue starlight and the word "musical" has piqued my interest enough to put it on my eventual to do list

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please do not call anyone "Mr. Anime"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I looked up revue starlight and the word "musical" has piqued my interest enough to put it on my eventual to do list

yesssssss

my list of converts grows

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What about Mrs. Anime?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wow totally forgot

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

hey feels. got a recommendation for you

edit: wait. have I already made you watch it? I'm losing track

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Feels Villeneuve posted:

mods this guy wants a namechange

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I had forgotten there’s already an official Mr Anime and I don’t think anyone wants to follow those footsteps. https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/LensCapProductions

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Psycho Landlord posted:

PS watch Patlabor 2

havent actually seen patlabor 2 but it has some incredibly sick, well done scenes. should some day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOfNQ9VWo0

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

please, Mr. Anime is my father

just call me horny

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i only care about jojo now. please dont spoil me im almost caught up.

whyd they make emporio drive lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
people should watch teekyuu

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

*londo mollari voice* mister anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fun hater posted:

omg thank you...now to find one for yu-gi-oh cards

e: no wait these are still pretty small. BIGGER
if you open the images of cards on scryfall in a new tab, they'll be huge. Usually 1000x1200 or whatever, scryfall has some of the best res images of mtg cards out there.

Antivehicular posted:

Weird Magic art was such a staple of my childhood imagination when I was playing as a kid in the late '90's. I understand why modern Magic has a much more standardized epic-fantasy aesthetic, but it all looks so sterile to me now.
unfortunately wotc has learned that they can charge people huge amounts of money for specialized artwork or well known artists. It's why they have secret lairs with specific artists, like Richard Kane Ferguson, Phil Foglio, and Junji Ito.
Or having the artist for SOTN do an alt art of the vampire planeswalker from the innistrad set

I absolutely picked up this secret lair of metal band versions of Magic cards though

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

I had forgotten there’s already an official Mr Anime and I don’t think anyone wants to follow those footsteps. https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/LensCapProductions

jesus christ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Call me Señor Anime

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

My first exposure to anime was when I first went to college in the early 2000s at Kent State. I watched Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, Vampire Princess Miyu, Rorouni Kenshin,etc on a big screen in a hall that the anime club rented. I own both Trigun and Outlaw Star DVD box sets to this day. Sometimes I feel like picking up a new anime series but I don't know where to start.
My college friends also had homemade/bootleg VHS episodes of awful movies and MST3K episodes, which were probably healthier for my overall development as a person.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Cuttlefush posted:

havent actually seen patlabor 2 but it has some incredibly sick, well done scenes. should some day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOfNQ9VWo0

You should watch it. I can't even identify a favorite scene, there's like three or four different awesome, intense moments that pop up over the movie

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

fun hater posted:

omg thank you...now to find one for yu-gi-oh cards

e: no wait these are still pretty small. BIGGER

the best website for yugioh cards in general, and images specifically is yugipedia. unfortunately a few months back they goofed up a server maintenance badly and suffered a massive data loss, so theyve been slowly rebuilding since then.

it depends on the cards in question but you can easily get 1000x600 for cards where people cared to do nice scans.

like this promotional obelisk with the original color/art/text

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anime is pretty cool...but the real poo poo is manga.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

ParserGirl posted:

My first exposure to anime was when I first went to college in the early 2000s at Kent State. I watched Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, Vampire Princess Miyu, Rorouni Kenshin,etc on a big screen in a hall that the anime club rented. I own both Trigun and Outlaw Star DVD box sets to this day. Sometimes I feel like picking up a new anime series but I don't know where to start.
My college friends also had homemade/bootleg VHS episodes of awful movies and MST3K episodes, which were probably healthier for my overall development as a person.

If you're looking for new stuff, the seasonal threads in ADTRW are great, the OPs list a synopsis of each show that season so you're bound to find something you like

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And the anime recommendation thread is excellent, just name a type of entertainment you enjoy(procedural, drama, romance, action, etc) and you'll get at least a dozen top shelf recommendations to dig through pretty quickly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's a general recommendation for anyone: watch Paranoia Agent

rox
Sep 7, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Invictus posted:

if you open the images of cards on scryfall in a new tab, they'll be huge. Usually 1000x1200 or whatever, scryfall has some of the best res images of mtg cards out there.

unfortunately wotc has learned that they can charge people huge amounts of money for specialized artwork or well known artists. It's why they have secret lairs with specific artists, like Richard Kane Ferguson, Phil Foglio, and Junji Ito.
Or having the artist for SOTN do an alt art of the vampire planeswalker from the innistrad set

I absolutely picked up this secret lair of metal band versions of Magic cards though

Lmao are those legal to play in official games? They rule.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep, they all have regular magic card backings. They've been doing a lot of stuff like that with their secret lair program, they just did a Lisa frank themed group of cards. The only problem is each secret lair is 30 dollars.

Also that wotc sucks as evidenced by recent news but that's a given

Edit: definitely check out the scryfall page for secret lairs if you want to see more cool poo poo. One of my favorites they did was the Full Text Lands, which have no artwork but are just a giant text box describing every aspect of the mechanics for each land

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 25, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so long gay dracula

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Oh I bought the gently caress out of the Lisa Frank faeries and I have no regrets

I have the Ayami Kojima Sorin card and it's one of my favorites. It is exquisite

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
and the lovely Mr. My rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cant believe wwf got mr. rear end onto the nintendo 64...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am not mr anime