Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Heath posted:

There's at least one psycho in the MTG commander thread who reports every single post I make in it because I don't like cEDH

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

There's at least one psycho in the MTG commander thread who reports every single post I make in it because I don't like cEDH

See I used to think this was a massive own, and then I got someone obsessed with me, and now I realize how offputting it is.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I will say I am looking forward to the possibility of WotC making an insanely bad statement on their hired goons

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

hes right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about when blizzard went all in on china and toke away a players tournament winnings for saying free hong kong

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Glad I'm not that kind of nerd.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't know where the line is, but someone that obsessed with another person should probably be told to knock it off imo. Let them seethe in an offsite discord where they can't hurt anyone.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the only part of magic i really enjoy is draft and i am very bad at draft and had to uninstall mtg:a for my sanity lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As far as tg goes I mostly hang out in the tg chat thread and the fatal and friends book report thread so I'm looking at everyone talking about how TG is some kind of wild west of posting rogues like ????

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't play magic, but I've done a lot of cube because my friend has a 100% proxy cube, and it's the dopest thing on earth.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the only part of magic i really enjoy is draft and i am very bad at draft and had to uninstall mtg:a for my sanity lol

what if
you wanted to get 7 wins
but god said
Opponent Goes First

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Heath posted:

I don't actually see more than 4 reports about you in TG in the past 2 years.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

lol

also cedh players are psychos

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Runa posted:

As far as tg goes I mostly hang out in the tg chat thread and the fatal and friends book report thread so I'm looking at everyone talking about how TG is some kind of wild west of posting rogues like ????

yeah same. It doesn't help that a lot of the games I'm into nowadays aren't big enough to support threads of their own

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't play magic, but I've done a lot of cube because my friend has a 100% proxy cube, and it's the dopest thing on earth.

I built a commander deck out of a new card that recently came out. It's an updated team up with two students from the magic school and one of their original iterations is my favorite deck. Normally I like to play goofy gameplans that accidentally meanders it's way into a win, but with this one I felt like I could get away with something that actively aims to win the game. Because of this, i needed another copy of a very annoying, utter bullshit card that should honestly be banned so I made a proxy:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
where can i look at magic art in a res thats not for ants

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fun hater posted:

where can i look at magic art in a res thats not for ants

scryfall

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
There is a fair amount on artofmtg.com

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

omg thank you...now to find one for yu-gi-oh cards

e: no wait these are still pretty small. BIGGER

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Spanish Manlove posted:

I built a commander deck out of a new card that recently came out. It's an updated team up with two students from the magic school and one of their original iterations is my favorite deck. Normally I like to play goofy gameplans that accidentally meanders it's way into a win, but with this one I felt like I could get away with something that actively aims to win the game. Because of this, i needed another copy of a very annoying, utter bullshit card that should honestly be banned so I made a proxy:

I think I love LCGs because you get every card and it makes the completionist part of my brain tickled.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I also learned that scryfall has a feature where you can search up cards by their artists, like this dude who has a very distinct but awesome style https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=%28game%3Apaper%29+%28artist%3Amark+artist%3Ariddick%29

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's cool that so many places to talk about playing fun games with your posting pals are hosed up cesspits ruled by sludge monsters who go psychotic if you say 'I had fun playing this fun game :)' about the wrong thing

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

fun hater posted:

omg thank you...now to find one for yu-gi-oh cards

e: no wait these are still pretty small. BIGGER
Art of Magic website has most of the newer cards but for older stuff you kinda have to track down the original artist's website or artstation account.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I almost got probated for saying "nom epique delenda est" in the gibbis feedback thread because Seth is very defensive of him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't actually see more than 4 reports about you in TG in the past 2 years.

Because I stopped posting there after a specific user would respond to my posts and write up an essay about why my Magic opinions were wrong every time I posted and I'd mysteriously get probed and when I PMed the recently banished freak mod of TG asking why I was getting punished for otherwise benign posts I got told I was "sucking the air out of the room" with no further elaboration

I only posted in the commander thread so what you're telling me is I got reported four times in one thread that I stopped posting in at least 6 months ago about a card game, which isn't much better

Heath fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 24, 2023

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

fun hater posted:

i cant believe i have context for this and its absolutely insane.

someone is buying pro-pinkerton avs over magic the gathering unboxing vids?!!

It's me. Not especially proud of it, but the law's the law

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I almost got probated for saying "nom epique delenda est" in the gibbis feedback thread because Seth is very defensive of him.

Hmm, strange, this certainly has never happened before and led to absolutely insane pyscho results.

Can't predict it either way, better just let it play out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
nom epique delenda est.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Boba Pearl posted:

I think I love LCGs because you get every card and it makes the completionist part of my brain tickled.

I like cool art and shiny things, I'm a magpie

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like cool art and shiny things, I'm a magpie
I think that's the same reason I collect dice. I love the clackiness

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about when blizzard went all in on china and toke away a players tournament winnings for saying free hong kong

the funniest part of this is near as i can tell chinas booted them out completely anyway, the chinese WoW servers got taken down and everything

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The pandemic definitely saved me from a crippling MTG addiction. Now I own a cube we play a few times a year.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

ah, a blue player [red laser dot appears on your forehead]

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

the funniest part of this is near as i can tell chinas booted them out completely anyway, the chinese WoW servers got taken down and everything

lol yeah activision blizzard hosed up negotiating with netease and got kicked out of china

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the artwork for the ice age edition of mtg was so cool. used to love looking at those.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Boba Pearl posted:

I think that's the same reason I collect dice. I love the clackiness

I was organizing some dice in some pencil cases my mom got from school and found out they're perfect

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol sucking the air out of the room

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

lobster shirt posted:

the artwork for the ice age edition of mtg was so cool. used to love looking at those.

Weird Magic art was such a staple of my childhood imagination when I was playing as a kid in the late '90's. I understand why modern Magic has a much more standardized epic-fantasy aesthetic, but it all looks so sterile to me now.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

lol

Farg posted:

for the uninitiated imagine you're in like the....bagel thread in the cooking forum. and then someone comes in and is all "bagels are good in theory but functionally its ruined because the other people at the table will just try to slap the bagel out of your hand when you try to pick it up" and then is completely caught off guard and very suspicious when people try to explain that thats not a bagel thing, he just is sitting at a table with crazy people. after 20 pages of discussion he finally says he understands and confidently state "some people are capable of eating bagels and some just can't."

also lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That dude's eaten like, a dozen threadbans on three or four alt accounts lmao