Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

That second link you posted is from March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1650576081483620384
Ammo shortage is finally on the way to being resolved, just in time for the counterattack

is bro wearing a tactical n95

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

spankmeister posted:

Buddy, the real question is how does it stop?
"Putin eats horse cum" will stop as soon as he dies. And transition into "Putin ate horse cum" and "Putin's last will and testament ordained a constant stream of horse cum be fed to his festering, putrid corpse until Russia's collapse".

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes:

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/VolodyaTretyak/status/1650410161301848065
Terrorist Strelkov doesn't sound very well at the moment. He insists, however, that he'll continue doing what he does and doesn't really care if his own government prosecutes him for 'giving the military a bad name' or not.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Should probably cut back on the tea.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Willo567 posted:

That second link you posted is from March

It's entirely possible that the counteroffensive was meant to start earlier than it did because the reporting around the intelligence leaks has called out that it impacted the timing of the counteroffensive and the Ukrainians had to change their plans up

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
goddamn it I wanted the good guys to win :mad:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Good news for your balls, willo567

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/04/24/7399154/

No nuclear strike will happen after Ukraine enters Crimea [/quote posted:

Kyrylo Budanov, Chief of Ukraine’s Defence Intelligence, believes that Russia will not launch a nuclear attack when Ukrainian defenders enter occupied Crimea.

Source: Budanov in an interview with RBC-Ukraine

Details: Asked whether there will be a nuclear strike if the Armed Forces of Ukraine enter Crimea, Budanov answered, "There will not be."

In his opinion, Russian propaganda will present the loss of Crimea as a "forced measure", just like during the liberation of Kherson.

Quote: "It is painful to admit, but it must be said: during the loss of Kherson, their [Russian – ed.] propaganda machine showed itself as effectively as possible. They presented the loss of Kherson – the greatest achievement of the so-called ‘special military operation’ – simply as an everyday matter. Moreover, they turned it around in such a way that this was even a good thing for them.

In other words, they have already worked it all out. Ways to cover the news during the events in Crimea – they all exist already; they are well known to us. Believe me, they will work for their society.

And it will be a forced measure and almost good fortune. Believe me, the propaganda machine there works like a standard; it really is the standard. They make fools of their population in a way that no one else in the world can."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Was Willo567 afraid that their balls were going to be the target for a Tactical Nuclear Weapon?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

orange juche posted:

Was Willo567 afraid that their balls were going to be the target for a Tactical Nuclear Weapon?

They already were, last Tuesday. The concern was a second strike this upcoming Tuesday

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

the best thing for willo567 would be for them to move their balls to a nuclear testing site, it's the last place anyone would look for their balls especially if they are concerned about a follow up strike

it's brave/stupid enough nobody will expect it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Holy poo poo.

That's all. More to come. Not from me but from Високомобі́льні десáнтні військá Украї́ни

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Icept posted:

loving lmao if the big bakhmut capture is immediately encircled or bypassed by the counterattack

Russia takes Bakhmut because all the Ukrainians have pulled out and are now currently enveloping the envelopment.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Holy poo poo.

That's all. More to come. Not from me but from Високомобі́льні десáнтні військá Украї́ни

You have my attention :stare:

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
While we're waiting for good news, here are two really good interviews with Timothy Snyder about the history and the political context of the war. One thing he points out that I found valuable is that a lot of the myths around the loyalty of Russian-speakers in Ukraine and the status of Crimea come directly from Putin's propaganda apparatus, and I've seen them repeated on all sides of the political spectrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfnza5YmRrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um-SEQDQidM

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

HonorableTB posted:

You have my attention :stare:

I put it to google translate and got Tropas de desembarco de gran movilidad de Ucrania back.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I put it to google translate and got Tropas de desembarco de gran movilidad de Ucrania back.

Ukrainian Air Assault Forces. And I'm also seeing a lot of activity on some telegram channels, mostly warning people to be quiet. Most of the activity seems centered on the left bank of the Dnipro

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 25, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I ran that through google translate and got this: Wysoce mobilne wojska desantowe Ukrainy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Drink your ovaltine

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Ukrainian Air Assault Forces. And I'm also seeing a lot of activity on some telegram channels, mostly warning people to be quiet. Most of the activity seems centered on the left bank of the Dnipro.

I'm always a little confused by that. Or is the warning to people who would otherwise be submitting their firsthand reports? I have to imagine Russia has someone watching those same channels - whether it makes it to "trivially known" status shouldn't make a difference for a competent military/state apparatus. ... okay, nevermind I'm not confused anymore.

Shinjobi posted:

Drink your ovaltine

A crummy commercial?? Son of a bitch!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tiaz posted:

I'm always a little confused by that. Or is the warning to people who would otherwise be submitting their firsthand reports? I have to imagine Russia has someone watching those same channels - whether it makes it to "trivially known" status shouldn't make a difference for a competent military/state apparatus. ... okay, nevermind I'm not confused anymore.

A crummy commercial?? Son of a bitch!

It's more of a "loose lips sink ships" kind of thing, getting everyone circulating the common talking point to not give anything away by trying to impress your discord friends

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please do not try to impress your discord friends

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

orange juche posted:

ever

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

orange juche posted:

I couldn’t if I tried. Believe me I have

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this is entirely unrelated but jesus these flamin hot nacho doritos are more of a burn than i anticipated

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

this is entirely unrelated but jesus these flamin hot nacho doritos are more of a burn than i anticipated

Wait till you have to poop them out

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

orange juche posted:

let me pilot a drone to the kremlin with a note for putin asking for advice on how to handle the upcoming pants making GBS threads inferno

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

let me pilot a drone to the kremlin with a note for putin asking for advice on how to handle the upcoming pants making GBS threads inferno

Putin's doctor will prescribe you fresh horse cum

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A Christmas story is actually a red pill for maoist third worldism

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

orange juche posted:

Tactical nuke incoming

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Once again the United States engaging in chemical warfare, smdh

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Maybe we misunderstood and Willo is going to eat a bag of them on Monday

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"Russia was right to leave crimea, not only are all thr people there disgusting and would of weakened russias superior gene pool, but also, it was haunted by ghosts, big ones. Giving it back to ukraine is much better for Russia in both the short and long term" - RT in loke 3 months, probably.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Once again the United States engaging in chemical warfare, smdh

The real chemical warfare attacks by the states is Hershey's chocolate being allowed for export

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1650741679119564801
Another excerpt from terrorist Strelkov's latest video, where he pleads for more mobilization more quickly or the situation may turn sour sooner than expected.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1650741679119564801
Another excerpt from terrorist Strelkov's latest video, where he pleads for more mobilization more quickly or the situation may turn sour sooner than expected.

Goddamn they really need to get a new flag design, even if unintentional.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
It did lead to a funny moment a few weeks ago where I saw someone post a picture of a big jacked up pickup truck with Confederate flag bumper stickers and a big ol Novorossiya flag billowing in the wind. I can only assume they really hosed up what fascist symbol they were buying that day and when it got there just rolled with it as close enough

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
That sounds aggressively raggare, to simply “not know” what symbols mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Drone_Fragger posted:

"Russia was right to leave crimea, not only are all thr people there disgusting and would of weakened russias superior gene pool, but also, it was haunted by ghosts, big ones. Giving it back to ukraine is much better for Russia in both the short and long term" - RT in loke 3 months, probably.

Murmansk was always the traitorous domain of cowards and scoundrels. Russia will be stronger without it, and Ukraine will rot from the inside. Anyone choosing to return to glorious and eternal Russia will be provided with their very own Khrushovka in Vorkuta, along with all the circus tickets they desire.