Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was organizing some dice in some pencil cases my mom got from school and found out they're perfect

that's really pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Joven rules

So does blood moon

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Avoid the 40k thread imo, if you have casual questions or just want to BS you will be obliterated

I remember some poor dork who just wanted to chat about lore and the thread tore him apart for not just googling every question he had and it solidly discouraged me from posting in that thread outside of painting progress and specific current edition list questions

Historical thread did not have that problem, nor did the chat thread

Edit : Hell I posted a less than mainstream opinion about 40k Squats in GBS and somehow a TG poster found my posts just to tell me my personal preference was a mistake and misinterpretation of modern lore

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 25, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

I literally just threw it on, and I am in love. I don't speak French but this is an absolute banger of an album so far. It sounds super modern, not aged like American pop of the same vintage (probably because I didn't grow up with it.)

https://youtu.be/lrFIGIdqDK4

First track on the A side.

Edit: album art sick af

bringing this back up because i was talking to a friend about psyche and ye-ye last night, and it finally jolted the right synapses. the francophone african psyche one is volume 3 from that same series, came out in 2017. might be out of print now, not sure, but you can find it around.

it's pretty great, i need to grab a copy myself.

fanny packrat posted:

You guys should check out the African Guitar Music thread. I've picked up so many good recommendations from it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912478

i'll defo pop by, love me some desert blues.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Speaking of anime, Tokyo Godfathers is my new favourite Christmas movie. Watched it twice last holiday season and just bawled my eyes out both times.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

barbecue at the folks posted:

Speaking of anime, Tokyo Godfathers is my new favourite Christmas movie. Watched it twice last holiday season and just bawled my eyes out both times.

I tried to get my husband to watch this but he wrote it off as anime garbage and I'm still mad :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

I tried to get my husband to watch this but he wrote it off as anime garbage and I'm still mad :(

:sever:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

oh my god get rid of him

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

Avoid the 40k thread imo, if you have casual questions or just want to BS you will be obliterated

I remember some poor dork who just wanted to chat about lore and the thread tore him apart for not just googling every question he had and it solidly discouraged me from posting in that thread outside of painting progress and specific current edition list questions

Historical thread did not have that problem, nor did the chat thread

Edit : Hell I posted a less than mainstream opinion about 40k Squats in GBS and somehow a TG poster found my posts just to tell me my personal preference was a mistake and misinterpretation of modern lore

That sucks. Though 40K in general doesn't have the best reputation re: fanbase, as far as I can tell.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
TG is a weird mix of wet blankets, very tedious people and people who should have been banned ages ago, myself included

The 40k thread does have that one saudi (iirc) guy who is 100% unironically enthusiastic about literally every single thing that gets released which is kind of adorable

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was organizing some dice in some pencil cases my mom got from school and found out they're perfect

How do you know if they are balanced though?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

anime is grea t and also terrible, like all visual mediums, it depends on the material.

sadly there is no good anime streaming service in the eu

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 25, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also for that Secret Lair they had artists turn the kids drawings into… Well take a look

pablo I have to say I hope you are drafting/sealed-ing the poo poo out of the newest set because it might be the best magic set they've ever made for drafting/sealed

made an equipment boros deck because I got 3 kor halberds, saram, reyav, and two billyriders in my sealed pool, and just completely steamrolled the competition besides one other guy with an equally insane deck

every deck I've built so far has been completely different and unique, this format allows for going just hog loving wild with whatever you get, it's so fun

PinheadSlim posted:

you sit his stubborn rear end down and you force him to watch that animated masterpiece right now mister/missy

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
i'm posting my favorite foglio and you can't stop me

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That rules

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Deleter posted:

TG is a weird mix of wet blankets, very tedious people and people who should have been banned ages ago, myself included

The 40k thread does have that one saudi (iirc) guy who is 100% unironically enthusiastic about literally every single thing that gets released which is kind of adorable

That dude rules and reading his super eager posts about all the fun he's having with 40k made me get back into it too. More people like that and less who will crucify you for not painting models or liking the wrong book or whatever lol

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Deleter posted:

Also people who get weirdly hostile and/or superior over pen and paper RPG system preferences.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

junan_paalla posted:

there is a reprint of sulfurous springs in a recent set and I have bad news about the grinning imp

also these are some of my favorite phil foglio mtg cards, either presence of the master or greed is my favorite. greed is just so simple and perfect. I'll always have a soft spot for killer bees tho

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
fogliowned

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know what.

Me neither, but I like how.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

I think this is my fave card art

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apathy and Greed just made me expect Corruption, Power and Hope.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apathy and Greed just made me expect Corruption, Power and Hope.
Here's Humility

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

also these are some of my favorite phil foglio mtg cards, either presence of the master or greed is my favorite. greed is just so simple and perfect. I'll always have a soft spot for killer bees tho

man that reminds me to catch up on Girl Genius

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Foglios get a lot of flak but they clearly have enough of a sense of humour and haven't been outed as predators as far as I know.

Also, the joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThInUu7Rg0g

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zetsubou-san posted:

a tribute to our data warriors

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

that cat interceptor really knows how to get mileage out of a joke huh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not really tbh

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

That dude rules and reading his super eager posts about all the fun he's having with 40k made me get back into it too. More people like that and less who will crucify you for not painting models or liking the wrong book or whatever lol

Yeah his enthusiasm got me back into those games tbh. It's fun to read his incredibly flustered newbie questions in between posts of like "grey knights should be 0.5 points cheaper and you're a terrorist if you're wrong" or whatever

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Autisanal Cheese posted:

man that reminds me to catch up on Girl Genius

are they still in the castle

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

are they still in the castle

they’ve been gallivanting across Europe for five or six years now I think

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Last i saw they escaped the castle and got stuck in a totally different castle

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The Deleter posted:

Traditional Games and Tokyo Godfathers having the same acronym made this post very confusing for a bit

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

junan_paalla posted:

that little demon...

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

Traditional Games and Tokyo Godfathers having the same acronym made this post very confusing for a bit

I need to watch Tokyo Godfathers.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Captain Invictus posted:

Edit: definitely check out the scryfall page for secret lairs if you want to see more cool poo poo. One of my favorites they did was the Full Text Lands, which have no artwork but are just a giant text box describing every aspect of the mechanics for each land
I can't believe that this is how I'm finding out there is a Rebecca Guay secret lair currently available.

WOTC bad but that is really tempting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DaysBefore posted:

i was so relieved when the last pokemon game came out and despite running like garbage, everyone seemed to enjoy playing it, because for the longest time the Pokemon thread was the most miserable thread in Games, which is saying something

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

that little demon...

Lol

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i was so relieved when the last pokemon game came out and despite running like garbage, everyone seemed to enjoy playing it, because for the longest time the Pokemon thread was the most miserable thread in Games, which is saying something

People enjoying games and having fun ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was good for deranged posts like multiple people complaining that they would only use the same six monsters for almost the entire game and as a result they would be overleveled. who the gently caress plays pokemon that way, and if you do i will flame you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it was good for deranged posts like multiple people complaining that they would only use the same six monsters for almost the entire game and as a result they would be overleveled. who the gently caress plays pokemon that way, and if you do i will flame you

not me that's for sure...

i play them the other way, y'know, the right one? yeah, that one.