Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No, it's just a WWE idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

So Cody is going to Finish The Story halfway across the world on a Saturday at 3 PM, and it's not even going to be ending Roman's 1000 day reign, it's going to be for a title that was made 20 minutes prior.

That is.....rough.

They should've just reused this - https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Greatest_Royal_Rumble_Championship

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cody should win the new belt and then beat Roman for his belts and then become the wwe triple crown champion. I bet Dusty never even thought of doing that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

So, one brand is gonna have Roman the most specialest boy of all time, who's never around and never does anything.

And the other brand is gonna have one of the losers who couldn't beat the specialest boy of all time carrying around the "at least you tried" belt, but hey, at least he's here every week.

Is it just me or does this seem like a VERY BAD IDEA?

I also can’t imagine the network that has the other belt is going to be happy that their championship is explicitly the lesser one.

The whole point of having two world titles before this was so each show/network had a full set of champs. Combining them (and the tags) in the first place because they ran out of accomplishments to give Roman was incredibly dumb if they had no plans to even split them again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sandman McMahon posted:

and then beat Roman

Let me just stop you right there pard

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dusty didn't win this new belt either, but I bet he always wanted to do it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That title is so bad. It looks like they just took big gold and welded the wwe plates on top of it. Also the side plates are on top of the old side plates. Its so loving lazy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Cody’s wanted to win this belt ever since he first saw it at the age of 9

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can't make out all the poo poo around the WWE circloid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This doesn't have any NWA or WCW title lineage other than looking kind of like it if you squint really hard.

The WCW championship lineage (and the NWA lineage up until WCW split) was merged with the WWE/F lineage when Chris Jericho became Undisputed Champion. *That* championship eventually became the WWE Championship when HHH created the World Heavyweight Championship out of the ether so he could hold a belt (represented by a slightly modified Big Gold Belt) while the real one was on Smackdown. Those then merged together by Orton to become the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which was shortened back to just WWE Championship when they debuted the current belt (the black one). Then the Universal Championship was created from the ether to give Raw a belt while the real one was on Smackdown (sound familiar?). That one has swapped brands and colors and Roman currently holds it.

And like, I get that it's wrestling so everything is exactly as prestigious and real as they want it to be, but if Cody's story is to win the big one his father never won, this ain't it.

This also raises the question of who drafts Roman. He's now textually the greatest Superstar of all time, but also doesn't actually have to wrestle. You have first pick: do you take him?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1650688138908430337

#ThankYouHHH

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Smackdown was always the show for the old fogies who don’t wanna wrestle as much so he’ll stay there I’m sure.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
That dark splotch makes me think of the NWO spray paint.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Woodchip posted:

That dark splotch makes me think of the NWO spray paint.

It's there to represent the greatest dark splotch of them all, namely the big one that was on the side of Cody's dad's gut

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

PWInsider: *CM Punk was in Florida over the weekend doing commentary for MMA promotion Cage Fury Fighting Championships.

*When flying out of Tampa yesterday, he ended up on the same flight as several WWE talents and staff, including one Producer and was sitting next to some of them on the flight. 

*At that point, Punk learned WWE was at the Allstate Arena, which is in a close proximity to his home in Chicago.

*At some point before the show was to begin, Punk arrived at the venue and was brought into the building by other talents.

*Punk was in a common area in full view of anyone who came past him backstage and ran into Paul Levesque.  We are told by someone who saw the interaction that the two shook hands and Punk asked if it was OK that he visit and if Levesque had time, could they speak for two minutes.  Levesque allegedly said he had to make sure with the "big guy" it was OK, obviously a reference to Vince McMahon.  It was perhaps a one to two minute interaction, if even that.

*Punk remained in that area and spoke to a number of talents who happened to be walking by, including The Miz.  We are told that they spoke for some time, clearing whatever issues were between them from the time period Punk was on WWE Backstage.   

*Those who saw Punk greeted him warmly.  There were some who had a "what was he doing here?" reaction, but that was something said later by those who hadn't actually run into him.

*Punk was never behind any closed doors or rooms, remaining in that common area.  There were no "secret meetings" or anything of that sort.

*Within 20 minutes or so, Punk was sent word by WWE security that he wasn't going to be allowed to remain and he exited.  We are told that Punk was respectful of that decision, said his goodbyes and left.  We were told he was respectful of everyone the entire time he was backstage, which wasn't long.

Lol that HHH had to ask his daddy for permission.

It would be so funny if Punk got HHH in trouble over this and Vince used it as further justification that HHH can’t be trusted to run the product

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

so did they basically retire the WWE Championship or

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
god, that’s so loving funny that Paul has to run everything still past Vince, who isn’t even in the goddamn building

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cody being beaten by brock for the Consolation Prize Belt in loving Saudi Arabia would be the funniest/worst thing WWE has done in years, hope that happens

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
We joke about Punk going on an apology tour, but damned if he didn't actually make amends with the Miz, and would have done the same with Paul Triple H if Daddy Mustache hadn't said no

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We joke about Punk going on an apology tour, but damned if he didn't actually make amends with the Miz, and would have done the same with Paul Triple H if Daddy Mustache hadn't said no

It's the Ryback apology I'm looking forward to

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lmao holy poo poo he actually did go there to make amends with HHH.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its very funny that this belt and romans new contract are against the kayfabe backdrop of him cheating to win every single match and them knowing that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's coming home :')

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

so did they basically retire the WWE Championship or
I guess they renamed it to the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. Whether this means Roman carries two belts or the brand-colored one or a brand new one remains to be seen, I guess.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

samoa joe calling punk "you still with WWE"

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
That Cm Punk is such a cancer politely meeting with people and making amends.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Sounds like an incredibly funny episode of RAW, between the Punk stuff & loser Cody consolation belt (that Brock will win).

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:thejoke:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

...to AEW Collision, every Saturday night, on TNT! :woop:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

It's extremely funny that they booked themselves into a huge corner unifying the titles in the first place and realizing that Roman is gonna hold the belt forever. Triple H said as much on stage and instead of ya know fixing it by having Roman lose one they make a whole new gaping anus title. Lol and lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dacap posted:

I also can’t imagine the network that has the other belt is going to be happy that their championship is explicitly the lesser one.

The whole point of having two world titles before this was so each show/network had a full set of champs. Combining them (and the tags) in the first place because they ran out of accomplishments to give Roman was incredibly dumb if they had no plans to even split them again.

Oh, that reminds me, are they going to have to make a new set of ugly tag titles for the brand split too after the Usos win them back?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Lmao holy poo poo he actually did go there to make amends with HHH.

Look, they may have fired him on his wedding day, sued him, almost killed him through negligence, but at least they didn't say anything he didn't like in a promo with him in the last 12 months

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am glad they are acknowledging that the Tribal Chief is just so cool and powerful that no one can defeat him so Loser Cody can get the fake, made-up belt.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

...to AEW Collision, every Saturday night, on TNT! :woop:

Cole-ision

Cole Miners Rise Up

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Look, they may have fired him on his wedding day, sued him, almost killed him through negligence, but at least they didn't say anything he didn't like in a promo with him in the last 12 months

Perhaps this is just a warmup to him making that public apology to the Bucks and Kenny that goons in the AEW thread have been demanding of him, like a standup comedian testing out new material at a smaller gig before taking it on the road

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This post reminded me WWE made a video of Punk's rear end for a straight minute :butt:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Punk and Colt will hug it out live on TV.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I would not be at all surprised if they quietly changed Roman's belt's name back to the WWE or Universal Title and only had him come out with one belt.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Perhaps this is just a warmup to him making that public apology to the Bucks and Kenny that goons in the AEW thread have been demanding of him, like a standup comedian testing out new material at a smaller gig before taking it on the road

This would be much, much funnier than any standup routine ever conceived and is the only reason I want to see it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think a lot of people mistake “we want to see Punk apologise” as a feeling that the elite are owed an apology when actually for many goons it would just be really funny to watch CM Punk forced to eat poo poo in public