Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ninjahedgehog posted:

Jedi Survivor: theres actually zero difference between the light side & the dark side. you imbecile. you loving moron

This is it for me but I bet it's too long lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Obviously they should extend thread titles to 255 characters; there's so much room at the top of the page between the end of the thread title and the right side of the web page (or at least the thread page buttons)

Seems a shame to let it all go to waste

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

on PS4, levels often didn't load very quickly and in fact I remember in the fight against the inquisitor girl seeing things load in as i came down the elevator and she's in there t-posing

This is *not* a bug. You were actually fortunate enough to encounter one of the clues about the plot of Jedi Survivor. Just like Cal has his special time slow ability, the Sith have been developing the ability to phase objects in and out of reality. The t-pose is simply the stance they must adopt to use this new technique.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

You can shorten it to Jedi Survivor: theres zero difference between the light & dark side. you imbecile. you loving moron

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Stinger Mantis lofi

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally bit the bullet and preordered on PS5, lol that the only thing you can find in the playstation store is the $90 deluxe edition unless you go into a sub-menu to change it manually. Also you can technically get $2 off by signing up for a month of EA's subscription service before buying it, but :effort:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Preloading the game. 130gb lol. Fortunately I upgraded my internet to fiber a few weeks back, so I can download the entire thing in just 30 minutes (which is just wild to think about; before it would have taken at least 2 nights of letting it run all night long).

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Ytlaya posted:

Preloading the game. 130gb lol. Fortunately I upgraded my internet to fiber a few weeks back, so I can download the entire thing in just 30 minutes (which is just wild to think about; before it would have taken at least 2 nights of letting it run all night long).

I hear you pal, we got FTTP connected in February 2021, some administrative error meant we got connected during that lockdown when we were only meant to have the external work done.

Even though Xbox doesn't download at the full speed of my connection, it still downloads at 13 times my previous speed. Plus my stepson and I can be downloading like crazy and we can all still watch 4K streaming without issue. Before, it was a multi-night job like you had.

My preload is starting now on Xbox Series X but it's 104.46GB. Odd. I haven't even ordered it yet, but Xbox lets you preload stuff before purchasing.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 26, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Wolfsheim posted:

Fortunately you can now subscribe to SA Blue for $8 to enjoy 4,000 character thread titles

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Captain Hygiene posted:

Finally bit the bullet and preordered on PS5, lol that the only thing you can find in the playstation store is the $90 deluxe edition unless you go into a sub-menu to change it manually. Also you can technically get $2 off by signing up for a month of EA's subscription service before buying it, but :effort:

Ugh, same. Got a free $10 gift card for pre-ordering from Best Buy though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I bought the deluxe PlayStation 5 edition really looking forward to playing this game and admiring all of the wonderful improvements Respawn will have implemented.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

....an ultra pink poncho??

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I hear you pal, we got FTTP connected in February 2021, some administrative error meant we got connected during that lockdown when we were only meant to have the external work done.

Even though Xbox doesn't download at the full speed of my connection, it still downloads at 13 times my previous speed. Plus my stepson and I can be downloading like crazy and we can all still watch 4K streaming without issue. Before, it was a multi-night job like you had.

My preload is starting now on Xbox Series X but it's 104.46GB. Odd. I haven't even ordered it yet, but Xbox lets you preload stuff before purchasing.

Yeah, with my past internet only one person could be watching 4k content at a time (and trying to do anything else at the same time likely compromised the 4k streaming). This is no longer a concern.

I also have absurdly high upload speeds for some reason, though I don't get much use out of that. Download is 600-700Mbps (which is kind of cool since I'm only paying for 500), but upload is 1200Mbps.

That's weird that you could preload before purchasing, though I guess it actually makes sense? They can still control whether you can play it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

That's weird that you could preload before purchasing, though I guess it actually makes sense? They can still control whether you can play it.

If you load up a game you haven't bought digitally, it'll ask for the disc, otherwise prompt you to buy it digitally.

Those upload speeds are bonkers. You in North America?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I really appreciate the simultaneous world wide release. It does mean it releases at 6 in the morning for me, and my shift at work is over just four hours before. But I can get by with a bit less sleep than usual in order to play more Star Wars.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

If you load up a game you haven't bought digitally, it'll ask for the disc, otherwise prompt you to buy it digitally.

Those upload speeds are bonkers. You in North America?

Yeah, Memphis TN. I think it might have something to do with being one of the first people (maybe literally the first) using the fiber connection in my neighborhood (which AT&T only added in my area a couple months ago). They installed the box thing right outside of my house. So it might have something to do with me not sharing the connection with many people (but I have no idea how that actually works).

Not really sure what to use the upload speeds for, though. I guess I could start streaming in 8k or something.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Not even going to bother preloading off Steam because I have 1 gigabit symmetrical internet and I probably won't have time to play it until the weekend anyway. Plus it is sometimes wise to wait a few days to see if there are any major show stopping bugs that need to be patched.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

...! posted:

Fortunately you can now subscribe to SA Blue for $8 to enjoy 4,000 character thread titles

Man, if Lowtax was still alive...

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, with my past internet only one person could be watching 4k content at a time (and trying to do anything else at the same time likely compromised the 4k streaming). This is no longer a concern.

I also have absurdly high upload speeds for some reason, though I don't get much use out of that. Download is 600-700Mbps (which is kind of cool since I'm only paying for 500), but upload is 1200Mbps.

poo poo I was just thinking the other day that I wish the PS store let you preload games you're waiting on the disc to arrive for. Not like you can play it without the disc, and it would let you get a jump on all the day -5 patches and what not.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Embargo's up, been playing this all week and here's my review: https://wegotthiscovered.com/reviews/review-star-wars-jedi-survivor-is-yet-another-high-profile-release-marred-by-technical-issues/

Happy to answer any questions about the game.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
does bd1 also get a mullet?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Disappointing to hear about the technical issues. It feels like a weird place to be in, for a sequel and given the extra dev time.

Most minor thing I'm curious about: how much time we spend massacring local wildlife rather than troopers and robots.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

Embargo's up, been playing this all week and here's my review: https://wegotthiscovered.com/reviews/review-star-wars-jedi-survivor-is-yet-another-high-profile-release-marred-by-technical-issues/

I haven't read your review yet but do the controls on Xbox feel any more responsive compared with JFO?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I haven't read your review yet but do the controls on Xbox feel any more responsive compared with JFO?

Only had it on PS5 sorry, but it felt responsive enough on performance mode to reliably nail parries. I found quality mode almost unplayable though as it screwed up my timing.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Wonder if the issues are present on the XSX version.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Asteroid Alert posted:

Wonder if the issues are present on the XSX version.

GameSpot's reviewer mentioned technical issues on the Series X including a crash during a difficult fight that lost a lot of progress.

Sounds like the PC version is also full of issues so I guess I'll hold off until they get patched out. Really disappointing to hear, because otherwise the impressions are positive enough that I would have definitely picked the game up Day 1.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M19UaZ9xOq0

Fextralife diggin' it but PC performance is poo poo. Console seems fine

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 26, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I believe in you, Muttonchops Cal

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Man, if Lowtax was still alive...

He's back and he needs a new loving chair...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Most minor thing I'm curious about : how much time we spend massacring local wildlife rather than troopers and robots.

A lot less than Fallen Order. Many more humanoid enemies.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hoping this is true

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I feel like I have way more patience than most gamers for light technical stuff and I'm playing on PS5 so I'm hopeful that none of these issues will ruin the game for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M19UaZ9xOq0

Fextralife diggin' it but PC performance is poo poo. Console seems fine

Not at all surprised by PC performance. Purchased for PS5 because I figured the PC version was going to be a problem. It has really steep recommended system requirements. Also! I made a Jedi Survivor thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030673

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honestly, the biggest annoyance for me was that while you can remap the controls, there are so many buttons that pull double duty in contextual situations that I couldn't get it to have Souls-like shoulder button attacks without losing some other key functionality.

Had to give up and just use the default setup.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've been conflicted with the controls in the first one. At first, it felt natural to switch attacks to the shoulder buttons. But then I played Ghost of Tsushima, which uses face buttons instead, and it felt very natural there. Playing Fallen Order again, I was torn between sticking with that and going with my memories using the shoulder button. I'll probably just go with the default here and hope it clicks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How are they doing cosmetics in this one? Hopefully better than the woefully underwhelming lightsaber hilts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Necrothatcher posted:

Spoiler tagged of course, but you can tell us which movie/tv characters we run into?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Spoiler tagged of course, but you can tell us which movie/tv characters we run into?

Darth Vader and very very briefly Boba Fett.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

PantsBandit posted:

How are they doing cosmetics in this one? Hopefully better than the woefully underwhelming lightsaber hilts.

You can fully customise Cal's clothing and hair, plus more customisation for BD-1, and even more granularity for customising your saber and blaster.

Not sure if you can still customise the Mantis though, I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its news to me that Cal gets a blaster this time as a new weapon. Didn't know that was going to be a thing.

In the trailers, it looked like a few characters will join Cal this time during combat, is that the case? How often does it happen, or is it really just in cutscenes?