Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

there's zero chance they fixed miami so it's gonna be fun

having taken more than one cat to get fixed in my life I can confirm this probably will improve things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

they should have put miami right after monaco. so you could see proper super expensive yaughts and then the lil boats in fake water back to back

"Miami Grand Prix organisers plan to add real water to its marina 12 months on from “embarrassing” F1 fans. Last year, the circuit decided to add fake water to its harbour section with boats resting on a pixelated display."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ja_raul posted:

"Miami Grand Prix organisers plan to add real water to its marina 12 months on from “embarrassing” F1 fans. Last year, the circuit decided to add fake water to its harbour section with boats resting on a pixelated display."

that's because the water was supposed to be in the blockchain

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ja_raul posted:

Have you seen it, the boats are on exactly the same thing as last year but there's a swimming pool nearby now, thus fixing the problem in a metaphor for the entire project.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
This week it’s important to reflect on and appreciate the ways in which Baku has welcomed us. It’s hard to pick just one moment but Seb banging into Lewis behind the safety car is way up there.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1650413350898089989

Nic normally hangs around at the tail of the grid, his best result in 117 starts was a 15th and the only time he ever picked up a point. However in the second race he was one of the drivers to switch to wet tyres quickly, and finished 6th. Perhaps it was really Lewis in the car...

:stare:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Baku is coming

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Nic has cerebral palsy and drives a modified car, it rules and I hope when Lewis finishes his f1 career in 2040 they can sort out a le mans program together

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
He doesn't add much to the spectacle, but honestly, who of us if we were in his shoes of having a rich F1 champion brother wouldn't do exactly the same?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I like Nic being in BTCC because I've shared a track with him and was very close in laptime so now I pretend I'm as quick as anyone in BTCC.

I ignore all the issues with the above line, I'm basically champion.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I forgot F1 was still happening until my gf reminded me Baku was this weekend

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Baku is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKpLbFOcCf8

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spaceblancmange posted:

Nic has cerebral palsy and drives a modified car, it rules and I hope when Lewis finishes his f1 career in 2040 they can sort out a le mans program together

I'd love to watch a road to le mans style reality show of this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ArmZ posted:

I'd love to watch a road to le mans style reality show of this

There's the 24 hours of Lemons.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

There's the 24 hours of Lemons.

24 hours of Don Lemons? Disgusting.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlYyMIlBT0

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

spaceblancmange posted:

that's pretty cool but sounds expensive, but i guess that's just racing eh?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

All racing is expensive :(

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1650885974942003201?s=20

Don't mind having something meaningful every day and the sprint shootout is going to be chaos if Baku welcomes someone into a wall

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Lmao they’re really trialing this first at Baku

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
so stupid

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
this seems dumb as hell

how is the extra wear on engines and mechanical bits being handled?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I hope someone in the top 6 starting sunday bins it saturday for 1 point and has to start from the pit

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

This is great it's like double qualifiers in a single weekend. And two races! What's not to like?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Baku welcome max into the wall

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more baku the better

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

They should swap the qualy days around so it would be like this:
Friday: Practice then Sprint qualifying
Saturday:Sprint race then GP qualy
Sunday race day

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

ilmucche posted:

this seems dumb as hell

how is the extra wear on engines and mechanical bits being handled?

they seem to have considered that and bumped the number of penalty free power unit elements
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1650886803665084416?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Advantage, Ferrari

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

seems like a totally normal and smart thing to do in a sport with a now strict salary cap. excellent vision.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Leclerc's penalty was for control electronics right? So that theoretically is unaffected by this change.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Dudley posted:

Have you seen it, the boats are on exactly the same thing as last year but there's a swimming pool nearby now, thus fixing the problem in a metaphor for the entire project.

If the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium for the NFL has taught us anything at all, it's that hot ladies will be in the pool, and the camera guy will switch to them when the racing gets boring.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Modulo16 posted:

If the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium for the NFL has taught us anything at all, it's that hot ladies will be in the pool, and the camera guy will switch to them when the racing gets boring.

DUUUUVALLL

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm telling you, Strategy works. Anytime I had a problem and I tried a new race strategy, boom! Right away, I had a different problem. - Ferrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

One practise session before the quali? Hmm.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

We keep things classy here in NE Florida, I'll tell you that for free.

This change confirms my theory that the FIA members take turns being spun in an office chair whirling darts at index cards with new changes.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
add fan vote-activated sprinkler sectors to every track, cmon already

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

add fan vote-activated sprinkler sectors to every track, cmon already

Bernie ftw

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Harry Lime posted:

they seem to have considered that and bumped the number of penalty free power unit elements
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1650886803665084416?s=20

Can sharl get his grid penalty back or what then????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Can sharl get his grid penalty back or what then????

He actually gets another.