Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rahonavis posted:

My Island’s open for an hour or so. Dodo Code 211MG. I’m going to be running around shooting balloons to collect the few Bunny Day recipes I don’t have yet. There’s extra recipes on the little patio by the Brachiosaurus. Pick all the fruit and vegetables you want. In exchange, I’ll always accept seasonal recipes, crafting supplies, and fish bait.

Turnips are 92 bells
Hot items are the Glowing Moss Jar and Gear Apparatus
Kicks is here!

Hopped in, learned a couple DIY, and got a new outfit piece (parka and shirt dress)! Thanks for hosting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Morter posted:

Hopped in, learned a couple DIY, and got a new outfit piece (parka and shirt dress)! Thanks for hosting

You’re welcome!

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

nom epique posted:

How do I visit your island OP? I just copped the game yesterday. Where do I put the code? I shan’;t be home for a little while. Hoping the island will be open. Cheers!

And if you literally just started playing, the game starts with a sort of "roughin' it on a deserted island" thang that doubles as a slow-paced tutorial, so things will gradually get unlocked. It looks like the airport becomes available on the second real-time day.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rahonavis posted:

My Island’s open for an hour or so. I’m going to be running around shooting balloons to collect the few Bunny Day recipes I don’t have yet. There’s extra recipes on the little patio by the Brachiosaurus. Pick all the fruit and vegetables you want. In exchange, I’ll always accept seasonal recipes, crafting supplies, and fish bait.

Turnips are 92 bells
Hot items are the Glowing Moss Jar and Gear Apparatus
Kicks is here!

Oh Drumsticks.... looks like I missed out OP. The Dodo can't find the island

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Accidently sold the stone I needed to craft an axe to Tommy nook for a pittance. Looks that I can’t craft an axe til tomorrow cuz I can’t find any more. Shan’t speculate.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

nom epique posted:

Accidently sold the stone I needed to craft an axe to Tommy nook for a pittance. Looks that I can’t craft an axe til tomorrow cuz I can’t find any more. Shan’t speculate.

Don't have a shovel yet to bang on the rocks for more? And don't forget to dig two holes behind you to get the max of 8 items out, cuts down on the knockback.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-horizons/How_to_Get_8_Items_from_Every_Rock,_Every_Time

Gonna let IGN explain for me where to place the holes.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
And for other stuff the game doesn't explain, keep an eye out for glowing spots on the ground. This soil has special properties.

Yak Shaves Dot Com fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 8, 2023

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

nom epique posted:

Oh Drumsticks.... looks like I missed out OP. The Dodo can't find the island

I’ll see if I can open my island again sometime during the day tomorrow. If not, it’ll be a few days before I can invite visitors again since I’ll be busy with Easter dinner and will have to time-travel to enjoy(?) Zipper’s events next time I get a chance to play.

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

And for other stuff the game doesn't explain, keep an eye out for glowing spots on the ground. This soil has special properties. Look beyond the initial reward and towards further investment.

So, along with x-shaped dig spots, a glowing spot appears on your island every day and you can dig gold from it. You can also bury gold in it (like, say, 10,000 bells) and see what happens…

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rahonavis posted:

I’ll see if I can open my island again sometime during the day tomorrow. If not, it’ll be a few days before I can invite visitors again since I’ll be busy with Easter dinner and will have to time-travel to enjoy(?) Zipper’s events next time I get a chance to play.

So, along with x-shaped dig spots, a glowing spot appears on your island every day and you can dig gold from it. You can also bury gold in it (like, say, 10,000 bells) and see what happens…

Thank you op. I will try to swing through

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Nary a stick nor rock in sight. Never made the axe. Looks that I’m turning in for the night as I can’t craft anything.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The first few days can be a little rough if you're impatient and want to unlock ALL THE THINGS, but sit back and let the game walk you through it, it won't be long.

Also stones are finite per day, but sticks are infinite. Press A next to a tree to shake it. Keep doing it, it drops sticks every so often.

note: have a net in your hand the first time you shake each tree each day. Five random trees every day across your island will have wasps in them that will sting you if you don't swing your net as soon as they spawn.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 8, 2023

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Isla Nublar is open for visitors until 3:30 PM EST. I’ll be doing my daily rounds in my hilarious Easter bonnet. I’ll leave some extra recipes, fossils, tools, and things by the Freebie area.

Edited to add: turnips are 51 bells (ugh) and the hot items are imperial pot and ring toss. The fishing tourney is going on as well.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 8, 2023

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rahonavis posted:

The fishing tourney is going on as well.

What's nice about this is that in multiplayer, there's no fee, and if people participate, everyone gets a nice bonus.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Rahonavis posted:

Isla Nublar is open for visitors until 3:30 PM EST. I’ll be doing my daily rounds in my hilarious Easter bonnet. I’ll leave some extra recipes, fossils, tools, and things by the Freebie area.

Edited to add: turnips are 51 bells (ugh) and the hot items are imperial pot and ring toss. The fishing tourney is going on as well.

Dodo Code is DR2XK

Swing through earlier and got interrupted. Coming back now OP

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Thanks op. Got a grip of good stuff and posted on the bulletin board. Please swing through my GBS thread sometime. All are welcome

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
There's no way to force a backup of your island, right? I've got island backup enabled, but it hasn't backed up since November.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Slugworth posted:

There's no way to force a backup of your island, right? I've got island backup enabled, but it hasn't backed up since November.

Not sure - you could try disabling it and then re-enabling it? also I assume you don't leave the game open all the time (it only backs up when the game is shut down) and your NSO is up to date?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Black Robe posted:

Not sure - you could try disabling it and then re-enabling it? also I assume you don't leave the game open all the time (it only backs up when the game is shut down) and your NSO is up to date?
Hmm, you know, we probably never fully close the game. It's literally the only thing we play, and our basic "I'm done playing" routine is to save, and then just turn the switch off and put it back on the dock. I was replaying BotW back in November when ANCH last updated, so that's probably it. Thanks!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Slugworth posted:

I wish I knew that. The power supply on my old switch died, and when I got a new one, i was mortified that New Horizons didn't cross over.

mayday mayday
Nov 22, 2006
I have turnips at 495 if that's appealing to anyone. Nothing else exciting going on and I've been moving stuff around so the island's a mess, but feel free to shop or take any fruit or produce you need. I'll stay open to noon PDT if I can. (Probably afk)

e: closed!

mayday mayday fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 12, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

mayday mayday posted:

I have turnips at 495 if that's appealing to anyone. Nothing else exciting going on and I've been moving stuff around so the island's a mess, but feel free to shop or take any fruit or produce you need. I'll stay open to noon if I can. (Probably afk)

Code: DTCB0.

thanks for hosting. i took my kid's character to Stormy Bay and he made a small fortune on his turnips. He will be thrilled when he gets home from school.

mayday mayday
Nov 22, 2006
Ah nice! Ideal outcome, hope he's excited.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Anyone have good turnip prices today? Needing to offload.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
It has been one year since I began covering my island in Purple Flowers.

Screenshots from roughly the same location, one year ago:

and as of this morning, right after I made my watering rounds:

There was no time-traveling involved here.

I made up some game rules for how I would let the Purple Flowers (sans Roses - which are decidedly burgundy) propagate and remove other things, then all I did was get up each morning, water everything, and update/remove nearby items according to the rules. It has become kind of a nice, peaceful part of my daily routine. I get up early, and the 5am and 6am songs are super chill. So I get up, make a cup of tea, hit the one-hitter and spend a nice, quiet 5-10 minutes tending my flowers. It's lovely.

One of my friends has actually visited the island, maybe a month ago. She described the flower coverage as "deranged". Perfect. Now YOU can visit too, in your dreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaammmmmssssssss

or DA-2742-7011-8046 if you are copy/paste minded. Enjoy, friends!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm four art pieces away from finishing the museum so naturally all I ever see are things I already have or the very rare fake of the few that I do. Can anyone help me with any of these?

Warm painting
Amazing painting
Robust statue
Valiant statue

Thanks!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’ve got turnips buying at 344 bells tonight. I’m going to leave my gate open for anyone that might want to sell. If my connection holds, Nooks should be open until 11:00 mountain time.

Island: Blue Peaks
New Dodo code: MPFTX

TheMadMilkman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 26, 2023

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

McNally posted:

I'm four art pieces away from finishing the museum so naturally all I ever see are things I already have or the very rare fake of the few that I do. Can anyone help me with any of these?

Warm painting
Amazing painting
Robust statue
Valiant statue

Thanks!

I’ve got an extra robust statue that I can give you.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Hello I’ve been pretty consistently playing for a few weeks but I can’t get craft a slingshot, and can’t build my house. I just live in a tent. The monkey and the penguin have a wood house but just a tent for me. What gives?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You will get a house and a slingshot when you can prove you're responsible enough to have them.

edit: been a long time since i had a fresh island, I remember you need to do some specific chores and talk to everyone at the start of the game before you start getting a house and all that. i thin kyou need to redeem nook miles for the initial payment and theres a spot on your phone that will have nook mile rewards for doing stuff like pick up stick or whatever.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

If you're not sure about what the next step is, talk to Nook and ask him what to do.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

McNally posted:

Warm painting
Amazing painting
Robust statue
Valiant statue

Thanks!

I’ve a got a couple of real and fake Valiant Statues if you want one for your museum and a couple for decorating with!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I've been playing this game since launch. Over three years now. Naturally I've done almost everything I want to do, but it's always nice to jump in and see how my animals are doing, maybe tweak a couple things.

There's one thing I've wanted since launch that I've been completely unable to unlock. After paying off all my loans, filling the museum, getting blue roses, getting the achievement for seeing 100 K.K. slider shows, the most difficult achievement for me was still out of reach. Until today.

Today I unlocked messy hair.

I was finally able to put the game down for an entire month. I missed the cherry blossoms, but it was worth it. I love this messy hair.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TheMadMilkman posted:

I’ve got an extra robust statue that I can give you.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I’ve a got a couple of real and fake Valiant Statues if you want one for your museum and a couple for decorating with!

Thanks! PMs sent!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I’ve got turnips buying at 344 bells tonight. I’m going to leave my gate open for anyone that might want to sell. If my connection holds, Nooks should be open until 11:00 mountain time.

Island: Blue Peaks
Dodo code: 2FT9Q

I’m stuck at the tire store getting one fixed and I didn’t bring my switch. Thanks for staying open late.
Doesn’t the switch fall asleep if you’re not actively doing something with it for a few minutes ?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

otter posted:

I’m stuck at the tire store getting one fixed and I didn’t bring my switch. Thanks for staying open late.
Doesn’t the switch fall asleep if you’re not actively doing something with it for a few minutes ?

There are power settings. Mine is set to not sleep at all when docked.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

TheMadMilkman posted:

There are power settings. Mine is set to not sleep at all when docked.

Much appreciated. I’m falling asleep waiting for my tire over here.
Never leave home without your switch, kids.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Closed up now.

TheMadMilkman fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 26, 2023

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

HaB posted:

It has been one year since I began covering my island in Purple Flowers.

One of my friends has actually visited the island, maybe a month ago. She described the flower coverage as "deranged". Perfect. Now YOU can visit too, in your dreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaammmmmssssssss

or DA-2742-7011-8046 if you are copy/paste minded. Enjoy, friends!

Your flower island is so pretty! :syoon:

The Isla Nublar Museum is complete! Come celebrate with me! My island will be open until 4:00 PM EST.

There’s extra recipes and stuff on the little patio by the Brachiosaurus. Pick all the fruit and vegetables you want. In exchange, I’ll always accept rare and/or seasonal recipes and crafting supplies. Any other presents are appreciated as well of course.

Turnips are 139 bells
Hot items are the Wooden Plank Sign and Jail Bars
CJ is here but I don’t know if you can bring fish to sell or not.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 26, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Anyone got a good price on turnips?
I have a ton to unload and I’m at 53 and dropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Tom Crook is robbing me blind. At this rate I’ll never have a house. Anyone else reminded of B*den? It’s the student loan rigamarole on steroids.