Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Talorat posted:

Wearing a jpeg boomer meme shirt does feel like exactly the kind of thing I'm irony poisoned enough to do, but I most folks on the street won't get the joke.

Hey you’re me from like a month or two ago! I did post some options, if you like. I never talked myself into following through.

There are plenty of share zone-level shirts, if you look.

The only way out of the nazi hole is to just keep clicking on other stuff, I think. It still boggles my mind that there’s a “brand label” on AE that is the nazi emblem missing only the swastika.

And you drop off really fast by clicking anything remotely kind of military-ish. It’s pro-military, pro-cop, right on into open fascist-type poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Turmoilx posted:

came across someones old stamp collection none of real value but this one made me laugh it was just very unexpected

Later on in 1981 there was also a stamp - "Alcoholism, You can beat it!"

I've used these stamps on a few Xmas cards to friends.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so i just click the free shipping box and go wild on this site?

do you guys ever pay shipping or just stick with free

wow they really do have everything even heavy machinery! i didnt know dhl could do things like this either, only ever had em pass around smaller boxes for me

okay but now i've stumbled upon $10 car subwoofers that are normally 200+ .. ?? tempting but what would really arrive?

..some time later: i hate this site everything about it

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 20, 2023

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Amazon reviews: "I have 8 different versions of this product from different brands, here's how they compare [4 page essay]"

Ali reviews:

"OK"

"Good"

"what?"

"bees"

"Here's a picture of the package. I haven't opened it. 5 stars perfect beautiful."

The real treasures are found in Amazon User Q/A on random products, for great answers such as:

“i don’t know”

“mine doesn’t do that so i can’t help you”

“i didn’t buy this product why are you asking me for help”

etc

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Those belong on some kind of Mt. Rushmore as well as "nevermind, i fixed it/figured it out" posts on StackExchange or some tech support forum.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Those responses appear because Amazon sends email notifications to some previous buyers when someone posts a new question. Certain People interpret these question notification emails as a personal communication directed particularly to them and feel that they have to respond even if they can’t answer the question.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm the one leaving the "bees" reviews I'm sorry

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Tighclops posted:

I'm the one leaving the "bees" reviews I'm sorry

Never apologize for "bee"-ing awesome.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hear this thread is abuzz with activity.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

At the risk of using Imgur in these troubled times, I bought a bunch of assorted sticky notes. They have not improved my productivity (yet) but they are very cute and bring me joy. They were like £5 when I got them, but even at full price they're more fun than the the stuff I get at the stores here. Plus it's like a lucky dip!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I've only used AE for weed gear and last year I spent $80 on a bong for the shack I boiled maple syrup in. 18" beaker, thick boro, US made equivalents are $2-300 in shops here.

The bong survived two falls from above the door onto a wood floor without breaking and only finally died when the fuckin shack burned to the god drat ground end of last month, so, pretty strong boro.

E: this shows up on my insurance claim as "lab grade glassware", at the moment.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 20, 2023

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Did it burn to the ground in a stoned maple syrup boiling incident

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Turmoilx posted:

so i just click the free shipping box and go wild on this site?

do you guys ever pay shipping or just stick with free

i get annoyed anytime they have a cheap accessory as the first variant or have a high shipping cost to show a cheaper price in search. i tend to buy from the free shipping sellers as a reward for not screwing me around but it’s not perfect.

sometimes adding a second 10 gram item to the order causes shipping to double in cost or free shipping to turn into $4.

i swear no one who seriously shops online has designed the UX for a marketplace site.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Amphigory posted:

Did it burn to the ground in a stoned maple syrup boiling incident

Nope, totally sober, shut the thing down like I have 70 times before. I'd been under the weather so not even a beer that day.

Best guess is a smoldering spark under the fireproofing but I'll never know

AE does not sell maple evaporators

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Nope, totally sober, shut the thing down like I have 70 times before. I'd been under the weather so not even a beer that day.

Best guess is a smoldering spark under the fireproofing but I'll never know

AE does not sell maple evaporators

Im actually kind of surprised they dont. Have you searched under distillation instead of evaporator? Or maybe boiler?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Well, I guess they aren’t wrong…

Colorful Laser Car Sticker
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqg2Wsu

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

lol

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i am fully grandma-pilled

Air Cushion Slip-On Women Walking Shoes Orthopedic Diabetic Ladies Platform Mules Mesh Lightweight Slippers Wedge Female Sneaker

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LOL My mom sent me an ad for those from Instagram, probably, that pretended they were Clarks shoes, which is absolutely laughable. I immediately sent her three different models from Ali and she was like "no, no, it's fine, all right, stop."

The ads sure do make them look like little miracle workers, though, don't they? Tempting.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Went to Ali for some solder sleeves and was greeted with these recommendations:

Thanks a lot Ali. Looks great. :thumbsup:

#3 was a banger though:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I went to ali and searched for deeznuts stuff and found this

US $6.30 30%OFF | I Dont Want To Cook Anymore I Dont Want To Die T shirts Funny Mouse T-shirt Men Women's Harajuku Hip Hop Short Sleeve Tee Shirt
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtC1Moo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

stephenthinkpad posted:

I went to ali and searched for deeznuts stuff and found this

US $6.30 30%OFF | I Dont Want To Cook Anymore I Dont Want To Die T shirts Funny Mouse T-shirt Men Women's Harajuku Hip Hop Short Sleeve Tee Shirt
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtC1Moo

From the suggested items on that page:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...randl_shipto=US

Hell yeah.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ha, I was going to post some of those a while back but figured they were obvious memes and everyone had seen them 100 times. I figured y’all would laugh me out of the thread :(

Ah well, at least having clicked on them you can begin a deeper journey into the madness with their recommendations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Hm I definitely feel like this has been posted about a lot, but are there any decent sandal recommendations?

Requirements: size 44-46ish (US 11-12), no between-toe or overly complicated straps, and good for beach and my building laundry room. Some modest amount of aliexpress quirkiness is acceptable.

edit: all of the nice sandals ITT are for women. Except that one dude who ordered fish sandals

ante fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 24, 2023

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

CaptainSarcastic posted:

From the suggested items on that page:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...randl_shipto=US

Hell yeah.

Welp. I am in for a Garlic Bread and a “Live Ugly. Fake Your Death” possum. Thanks…I think.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ante posted:

Hm I definitely feel like this has been posted about a lot, but are there any decent sandal recommendations?

Requirements: size 44-46ish (US 11-12), no between-toe or overly complicated straps, and good for beach and my building laundry room. Some modest amount of aliexpress quirkiness is acceptable.

edit: all of the nice sandals ITT are for women. Except that one dude who ordered fish sandals

I got these: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832828685409.html

Looking at the listing now, I do see it says Womens Mens and there are some with bows and whatnot, but mine are just black/grey strap across the top. Gender-neutral enough for me, and I was honestly surprised at how comfy and sturdy they are. I got them originally to use as house slippers but they turned into my go-tos for any quick trips out to take out the trash or get the mail. I really should pick up another pair.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

wheatpuppy posted:

Looking at the listing now, I do see it says Womens Mens and there are some with bows and whatnot, but mine are just black/grey strap across the top. Gender-neutral enough for me, and I was honestly surprised at how comfy and sturdy they are. I got them originally to use as house slippers but they turned into my go-tos for any quick trips out to take out the trash or get the mail. I really should pick up another pair.
Seconding this. I was actually thinking about digging up a link to my pairs of these sandals when I clicked this one and discovered we were talking about the same ones. Extremely comfortable, they hold up very well, and I'm always tempted to wear them further afield, even though they're technically just slippers. Highly recommended.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I finally got my RG405M after getting increasingly worried that the local postal office might have stolen it
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005362751238.html

Sure it's pricy but the build quality is incredible, feels like something Sony or Nintendo could have made

https://i.imgur.com/p1F5jmZ.mp4

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

wheatpuppy posted:

Thanks! I'll give it a shot

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I downloaded PtR once and just couldn't get any sense of it? Like it seemed I should have been doing great but my inputs weren't scoring

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause it was made for the ps1 on a lovely old crt. Even the newer re released version had some sync issues if I remember right. There’s almost certainly a lag option in the emu software to help fix it but it will probably always be janky.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I think more so than the input lag on new monitors, it's just a really challenging rhythm game. Due to the game letting you freestyle it doesn't give you any specific feedback on where you failed/succeeded and the actual timing windows can be pretty tight if you're playing it straight.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Beartaco posted:

I think more so than the input lag on new monitors, it's just a really challenging rhythm game. Due to the game letting you freestyle it doesn't give you any specific feedback on where you failed/succeeded and the actual timing windows can be pretty tight if you're playing it straight.

Yeah, it registers success/failure a little different than falling notes rhythm games and it can be difficult to begin, but once you get the groove I feel it still flows.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

AliExpress coming in hot with my front page recommends:

US $4.26 67% Off | Garden Statue Ornaments Octopus Miniature With luminous Office Tabletop Bar Decorative Sculpture Fun Collectibles Gift
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtbfsZO

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Crocobile posted:

AliExpress coming in hot with my front page recommends:

US $4.26 67% Off | Garden Statue Ornaments Octopus Miniature With luminous Office Tabletop Bar Decorative Sculpture Fun Collectibles Gift
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtbfsZO

I've printed one of these from thingiverse a few years ago, the author must be proud: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2986959

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

On a different note, anyone got good dice recommendations?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Amphigory posted:

On a different note, anyone got good dice recommendations?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Man, I wanna be steppin on poo poo feelin a BOOST. Who doesn’t need their mugworts deodorized?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Amazing! Thank you

Edit -- should have clicked before saying thanks, I guess. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Can anyone explain what the these things are for? I’ve looked at several and I don’t understand (because each listing is pretty much the same).

I think it allows you to display + partially hide a phone number in your car? To what end? Why would you need or want to display your phone number on some little gadget? I’m baffled.