Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will obey these strict limits on pop buying, except for all the many frequent times I am allowed to go absolutely hog wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

once you pop you can't stop

it's a serious disorder

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They had to cut Funko pops out of the new toy story movie because all they did was scream in pain and beg for death. The animators and voice actors didn't even make these scenes, they just show up as clips in editing already inserted into the project file.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've got the three best x-men for the top of my bookcase and the Sanderson sisters for Halloween season, I think that's enough pops for me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if i got figurines for my desk i would not get funkopops. i also wouldnt get nendoroids since the nendoroid company is an investor in 4chan. i would i guess just buy some tiny lego sets maybe, idk

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dervival posted:

once you pop you can't stop

it's a serious disorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZvseMnpRD4&t=86s

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that man now has some very clean VHSes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The 7th Guest posted:

if i got figurines for my desk i would not get funkopops. i also wouldnt get nendoroids since the nendoroid company is an investor in 4chan. i would i guess just buy some tiny lego sets maybe, idk

Have you considered pokemon plushies?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have you considered pokemon plushies?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

As it has been recently, just a rehash of the 90's

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i like buying cute things like a figurine of kirby sliding off a stack of fluffy pancakes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
one day ill buy a cute anime babe to put on a shelf or desk but not yet

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Funko does make real figurines too. Not hugely high quality, but they do actually look like the characters. I had no idea this Dr Wily was a Funko thing until I took it home and looked at the bottom of the foot.

E: I guess they might have given up by now and gone all in on pops, this was a few years ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

verbal enema posted:

one day ill buy a cute anime babe to put on a shelf or desk but not yet

The only one I want is the Xenoblade 3 Mio figure that is taking forever to come out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have one of the NECA Portal 2 Chell figures and the NECA pyro sat on my desk :)

I also have the seriously huge and beefy Mario Maker Amiibo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dabir posted:

Funko does make real figurines too. Not hugely high quality, but they do actually look like the characters. I had no idea this Dr Wily was a Funko thing until I took it home and looked at the bottom of the foot.

E: I guess they might have given up by now and gone all in on pops, this was a few years ago

I mean you can just go on Funko's website and see they have other non-Pop lines.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's a decent line of Sonic figures going atm. About £10 for something smallish that's good quality and well painted, £20 for something a bit bigger with some articulation and a usually pretty superfluous accessory.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I mean you can just go on Funko's website and see they have other non-Pop lines.

Why would I ever willingly go on the Funko website

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the only figures I have are a Kirby and Mega Man X nendo, They hang out on my monitor stand and judge me. My cat hates Gunpla so that saves me from the temptation to buy them. I have a little gundam mass grave in my closet, so much carnage

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dabir posted:

Why would I ever willingly go on the Funko website

okay fair

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone ever said: Funko Kong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is it like Funk - o, or Fun - ko?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Behold the only good Funko Pop

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

still sucks and looks like poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that one's bad too

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

pop off the block head and it might be tolerable

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

dervival posted:

pop off the block head and it might be tolerable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only good Funko pop is Jake from Adventure Time because it has his actual eyes instead of those soulless dead big dots but even that is kind of a stretch

This is the only figurine anyone needs anyway:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Barry Convex posted:

kinda thought this might be cancelled after recent Funko layoffs, and it feels like something that should have been released a good 4-5 years ago, but I guess it does have The Thing content going for it at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eq52cnf_Os

This feels like something that would have been part of that whole Toys To Life subgenre that started with Skylanders and died with Lego Dimensions and Disney Infinity like 10 years ago.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why hasn't the googly eye corporation made a line of vinyl objects with googly eyes for eyes?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Probably can't get enough of a lockdown on the intellectual property rights on googly-eyed products for an investment in a physical brand to be appealing

E: oh, might run into issues with an an existing product

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the only good funko is Rathalos

cause it's just rathalos with a slightly bigger head, which makes him cuter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The only good funko is a dead funko

Specifically, the Dead Yamcha they made for SDCC

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sorry you have to hate all funko pops equally or you're a faker.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm a real 1, I hate em all equally and got FUNK & OSUX tats on my knuckles

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Why hasn't the googly eye corporation made a line of vinyl objects with googly eyes for eyes?
because the idea of funko pops is they're supposed to look like those 90s popsicles that had the bubblegum eyes. that's why they're called pops

googly eyes are sold in such a way that you can just slap them on anything already, and they already come in a bunch of different sizes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i thought it was because they draw from pop culture... they look nothing like popsicles.....??

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fucko pops

e: funko poops

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now Amiibos on the other hand..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbMmYLxniA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU