Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think we're talking past each other - it seems clear that the old dude is getting spurious charges from Team Trump

That's a possibility but one I had sorta dismissed. If Team Trump is just randomly charging cards of people that never even gave them the card's information and didn't even give them the fig leaf of approval that has been happening with Trump's fundraising emails that's as close to out and out fraud as I can possibly imagine. I'm trying to parse what the original message was about and there's a lot of ambiguity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bird food bathtub posted:

For fascists hypocrisy isn't a problem, it's a privilege. They'll have less than zero problem holding both view points at the same time; they'll enjoy that it pisses off their enemies.

It was an open Nazi tactic. Accuse your enemy of that which you are guilty.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
It's not even fraud, it's theft. With fraud there is at least a pretense of a transaction.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1646951452030431232

Is this the rape trial where all they need is his dna that he keeps suing to bar?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Item #3 is wild. Jurors' names, employment, and immediate family employment? I'd love to hear any justification for such an open-ended inquiry.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Shooting Blanks posted:

Item #3 is wild. Jurors' names, employment, and immediate family employment? I'd love to hear any justification for such an open-ended inquiry.

I mean yeah the justification would be wild in the "wonder what kind of lies they would make up" sense but every one not a lying fascist knows the real reason would be to splash their family faces all over Fox and then be shocked, shocked I say, when one gets murdered.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It was an open Nazi tactic. Accuse your enemy of that which you are guilty.

That’s a common misconception actually. They never really did that, as it turns out

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I mean yeah the justification would be wild in the "wonder what kind of lies they would make up" sense but every one not a lying fascist knows the real reason would be to splash their family faces all over Fox and then be shocked, shocked I say, when one gets murdered.

To Republicans, a jury of their peers means an entire jury who looks, votes, earns, acts, worships and thinks exactly like they do. Anything else is biased and unfair.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

Delay, delay, delay.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

As you can see in Juror #5’s form he listed his brother as a Programmer, but the brother is actually a Sr Backend Dev. We demand a retrial and juror 5 to be charged with perjury.

Also juror 6’s family died. Oopsy

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I'd really like those juror's names and family's names and pet's names so that when they rule against me some things can happen :ughh:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

That's a possibility but one I had sorta dismissed. If Team Trump is just randomly charging cards of people that never even gave them the card's information and didn't even give them the fig leaf of approval that has been happening with Trump's fundraising emails that's as close to out and out fraud as I can possibly imagine. I'm trying to parse what the original message was about and there's a lot of ambiguity.

You might be interested to know that Trump is being investigated for fraud regarding his campaign donations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1646951452030431232

Is this the rape trial where all they need is his dna that he keeps suing to bar?

Judge Kaplan seems to be getting annoyed enough that he’s going to start sanctioning people. Maybe that’s the plan? Glad him into an outburst to win a retrial on appeal?

Lol, I kid, they don’t have a plan. They are just that incompetent that they would file a motion requesting actions they were just denied.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Murgos posted:

Judge Kaplan seems to be getting annoyed enough that he’s going to start sanctioning people. Maybe that’s the plan? Glad him into an outburst to win a retrial on appeal?

Lol, I kid, they don’t have a plan. They are just that incompetent that they would file a motion requesting actions they were just denied.

Oh, you STRENUOUSLY object? Then I'll take some time and reconsider!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

To Republicans, a jury of their peers means an entire jury who looks, votes, earns, acts, worships and thinks exactly like they do. Anything else is biased and unfair.

"Are you kidding me? Those 12 bastards will stab me in the back the moment they get the chance! I know that's what I would do to them!" -every Republican if they were really putting their lives jn the hands of their peers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm gonna start ending my emails with SO ORDERED.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Randalor posted:

"Are you kidding me? Those 12 bastards will stab me in the back the moment they get the chance! I know that's what I would do to them!" -every Republican if they were really putting their lives jn the hands of their peers.
It would be justice if people could truly be tried by their peers, anonymously. If twelve MTGs/Bouberts/Jordans were presented evidence of finance fraud, coercion, inciting violence, espionage, uprising against authority, they would immediately start foaming "Guilty!" from every gaping orifice and request the electric chair after the vinegar bath after the pillory after the whipping. That is the approach to justice the peer group demands, and it should be honored.

Mention the name of the person, however, or that they're an elected official or CEO, and suddenly they'll want statues and awards and 24/7 media masturbation.

The intake survey probably should be given: What is just punishment for the following crimes? (Including things that aren't). Disqualify anyone who is entirely inconsistent or reversed, eg breaking into republican headquarters demands execution whereas a mass murderer is given 3dy furlough if at least one of the people in the club was an unwed mother. Some sort of "average insanity" test.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I believe you're describing the reasonable person doctrine? IANAL though.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Ynglaur posted:

I believe you're describing the reasonable person doctrine? IANAL though.

More like having unreasonable people judged by their own standards, really.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/14/us/politics/trump-personal-financial-disclosure.html
https://www.rawstory.com/melania-trump-2659861675/

Six Takeaways From Trump’s New Financial Disclosure
In a 101-page filing, Donald J. Trump revealed lower-than-expected values on his social media company and sizable bank loans.

"Privately, Mr. Trump had been assured the (NFTs) venture could hit as much as $100 million in sales, but early returns suggested a less spectacular outcome, with analysts estimating less than $6 million in total revenue by early February."

"Since leaving office, Mr. Trump has paid off six outstanding loans, including ones valued at more than $50 million on Trump Tower in New York and Trump Doral, a golf club outside Miami that has been his family company’s single-biggest revenue-generating property.
He also took out new loans, both from Axos Bank and totaling more than $50 million each, on the Trump Tower and Doral properties."

I can only assume all this money to pay off loans came from suckers and recurring donations.

"The financial disclosure shows the first payments to Mr. Trump for a new deal backed by a Saudi Arabia-based real estate investment firm to build a new golf and hotel complex in Oman. The payments so far are listed simply as worth more than $5 million.
The project is slated to be built in Muscat, Oman, on a hillside adjacent to the Gulf of Oman, and will include a golf resort, villas and two hotels, a company executive said."

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: Looks Like Muscat Love

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/19/politics/trump-carroll-trial-attendance/index.html
Trump’s attendance at rape and defamation trial against him would be a ‘burden’ on the city, his lawyer says

"Donald Trump’s attorney on Wednesday said the former president “wishes” to appear at next week’s civil trial where a jury will hear columnist E. Jean Carroll’s assault and defamation claims against him – but his attendance should not be necessary because it would be a “burden” on the city and court.
The letter to the judge, from attorney Joseph Tacopina, appears to argue that Trump shouldn’t attend his civil trial without saying he won’t."

Dons just thinking about the burden on his citizens

"“Defendant Trump wishes to appear at trial,” the letter states, but adds “concern” that New York City and the court would face “logistical and financial burdens” to have a former president travel with the Secret Service and other security protections to the proceedings."

"This Court and the City it calls home are fully equipped to handle any logistical burdens that may result from Mr. Trump’s appearance at a weeklong trial.”
They also noted Trump has traveled for other recent events, including an Ultimate Fighting Championship event, and has a campaign appearance scheduled two days into the trial."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Oh man, I'd totally go. But, you know...traffic, amirite?"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

OgNar posted:

"“Defendant Trump wishes to appear at trial,” the letter states, but adds “concern” that New York City and the court would face “logistical and financial burdens” to have a former president travel with the Secret Service and other security protections to the proceedings."

Really he seemed to have no trouble travelling to and from NYC for a not insignificant chunk of his presidency.

But this is just the same horseshit as "I absolutely want to show you my complete tax returns because they're perfect but uh the IRS won't let me right now bye"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also had no problem inconveniencing state governments and the taxpayer with all his trips while President.

If anyone else tried this poo poo the Police/FBI would be kicking in their door and dragging them off to face trial.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Angry_Ed posted:

Also had no problem inconveniencing state governments and the taxpayer with all his trips while President.

If anyone else tried this poo poo the Police/FBI would be kicking in their door and dragging them off to face trial.

Every defendant has the right to be present for their trial but they can waive that right.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Murgos posted:

People already knew the gist of her story. She had been trying to sell it for years. Since at least 2011 if not earlier.

No one wanted to pay her for it because no one thought it would make a difference I guess?

Also, she's a Republican.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Tucker Carlson is out of Fox News. Hopefully he goes somewhere with far smaller viewership, and thus less influence in terms of his ability to lie his way into the fascist paradise he so clearly wants.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
He's the WOAT

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indictment #2 watch:. https://www.ajc.com/politics/trump-probe-da-urges-law-enforcement-to-prep-for-indictments-this-summer/56OGCLMNOVGPXMJ6YXDPXQOSWY/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/georgia-prosecutor-reveal-charging-decisions-trump-probe-summer-rcna81242

GA law enforcement told to beef up for possible Trump indictment.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The documents case also seems to be pretty mature. Boris Epshteyn spent most of last Thursday and Friday at the DoJ. That’s basically the top of the pyramid on this side of the investigations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/donald-trump-goes-trial-accused-rape-2023-04-25/

"NEW YORK, April 25 (Reuters) - Donald Trump went on trial on Tuesday, where the writer E. Jean Carroll accuses the former U.S. president in a civil lawsuit of raping her in a department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.
Jury selection began in Manhattan federal court in the former Elle magazine advice columnist's case, where Carroll is also accusing Trump of defamation."

"Kaplan is keeping jurors anonymous from the public and the lawyers, to shield them from potential harassment by Trump supporters."

"Trump was not in the courthouse and not required to attend the trial, and his lawyers have indicated he likely will not testify in his defense. Lawyers for Carroll also do not plan to call Trump as a witness."

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

OgNar posted:

"Kaplan is keeping jurors anonymous from the public and the lawyers, to shield them from potential harassment by Trump supporters."

This needs to be addressed at some point. I don’t know why we let MAGA yokels leave death threats for election workers, jurors, judges, congress members, etc. and suffer absolutely no consequences.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Noooo I want it nowwwwww *whines*

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

duodenum posted:

This needs to be addressed at some point. I don’t know why we let MAGA yokels leave death threats for election workers, jurors, judges, congress members, etc. and suffer absolutely no consequences.

the people in charge of the consequences are MAGA yokels.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Yeah for real, white nationalism has been pretty transparent about the whole thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1650991037836591107?s=20

Doesn't sound good for Ted Cruz.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Well, I'd like to see ol' Ted Cruz wiggle his way out of this jam!
Watches as Ted Cruz thrashes and bleats on the ground, the dust of his ambitions frothing around him as he churns aimlessly in place.
Ah, well. So much the less.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Surely THIS time the powerful person will be held accountable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Why do these people make mycrimes.mp3?