Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The lighthouse is the only of those special editions I was willing to spring for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I bought The Lighthouse, Midsommar and Last Black Man in San Francisco.

If I were ever to get another it would probably be for like Green Room, Under the Skin, Lady Bird, Moonlight or Beau is Afraid.

Green Room has rights issues, Under the Skin was just a distro deal same with Lady Bird. Moonlight and Beau is Afraid will probably be the only ones that ever get the go-ahead since they're A24 productions but for whatever reason Moonlight is kinda ignored despite being the first A24 movie to win Best Picture. They got the so-so UHD right after their win, but then kinda just went silent on keeping that one up front more often. Hereditary could also get one too.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Where's the deluxe 4K big box of Spring Breakers, A24? :argh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Mark your calendars for the big VS sale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

caligulamprey posted:

^^^^^^^^^^

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Anybody else who ordered the Gold Ninja scuzzy 16mm treatment of White Zombie on Blu: those are set to start shipping out on May 5th. I wish they’d sent me an email, but at least it’s coming.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hasturtium posted:

Anybody else who ordered the Gold Ninja scuzzy 16mm treatment of White Zombie on Blu: those are set to start shipping out on May 5th. I wish they’d sent me an email, but at least it’s coming.

Finally :toot:

I’ve got that plus the Jackiesploitation set and a Bruce Li flick coming.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

caligulamprey posted:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Almost missed getting by Kino sale order in. Had to take off Prime Cut because it apparently was taken off the sale list, but still a good catch here:

The Bride Wore Black
The Cold Blue/Memphis Belle (mainly got it for the restored William Wyler WWII film)
The Diamond Wizard 3-D
The Lady from Shanghai
Out of Sight UHD
The Story of Adele H.
The Werewolf of Washington
Mississippi Mermaid
Dementia (Cohen)
Nudist Life/10 Days in a Nudist Camp/Shanri-La (trying to collect all the Forbidden Fruit exploitation releases, these are all skeevy as gently caress)
Mystery Men UHD
Nobody's Fool UHD
Princess Tam Tam/Zou Zou (never seen a Josephine Baker film)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RifewithKatie/status/1650554766664118279?s=20

Absolutely no reason not to get Pulse for $10 if you don't already have it/haven't already seen it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

poo poo I was trying to ignore that sale. Got Pulse and the Suzuki box set.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ordered Pulse. I shouldn’t order anymore movies.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Pulse loving rules and has the single most unsettling scene I've ever seen in a horror movie and I couldn't even tell you why it's so unsettling

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I remember watching the US version when that came out but never saw the original. I'm kind of past my horror movie phase but how does the original handle its scares to make it better? I'm assuming the original is better than the us remake of course.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Kingtheninja posted:

I remember watching the US version when that came out but never saw the original. I'm kind of past my horror movie phase but how does the original handle its scares to make it better? I'm assuming the original is better than the us remake of course.

The most I can really say is I think it's the best of the Japanese "I viscerally hate the way this thing moves" ghost story movies. It's not a perfect movie (I think the last act is pretty rough) but when it's hitting it's great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kingtheninja posted:

The original is a lot more subtle. One thing that made me hate the American remake is when the main character just outright says "Have you noticed that there seem to be fewer and fewer people around?" In the original that's just something the expect the audience to notice for themselves. Which works a lot better for the mood.

RichterIX posted:

The most I can really say is I think it's the best of the Japanese "I viscerally hate the way this thing moves" ghost story movies. It's not a perfect movie (I think the last act is pretty rough) but when it's hitting it's great.

The last act owns. That big sequence where they're driving through the city that has slowly been emptied and they're seeing the last signs of the last people is amazing.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Gripweed posted:

The last act owns. That big sequence where they're driving through the city that has slowly been emptied and they're seeing the last signs of the last people is amazing.

That does rule, I think I might have been kind of misremembering when things happen in the movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Best Buy is weird sometimes. There's a thousand other films I'd expect to see get a Best Buy exclusive steelbook before The Man Who Fell to Earth but hey, I'm not complaining!

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I love Pulse even though I paid more than $10 for the BR when I bought it. My friend got a kick out of the early '00s video streaming scene

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Vacation hitting UHD end of June!

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1650934255738822663?s=20

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ooooooooooooooooo poo poo yeah!

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1650970538603343873

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I kiss at last the beloved ground of my land~

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I really hope Euro Westerns is the next subgenre to pick up steam. Maybe when Vinegar Syndrome starts releasing them and every 22-year old starts claiming they've been watching Spaghetti Westerns daily since they were 10.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

I want Vegas Vacation, even if everyone hates that one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zer0spunk posted:

One of my favorite movies as a child was My Fellow Americans, and that VHS had a trailer for Vegas Vacation on it so the dam tour guide bit is inscribed into my brain.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

zer0spunk posted:

It's not as consistently funny as Vacation or Christmas Vacation, but it's cute and has a few great moments. It's a movie I enjoy watching whenever I watch it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Grabbed one of the last Sororrity House Massacre Blu-ray's from Shout Factory

https://shoutfactory.com/products/sorority-house-massacre-special-edition

out of 1,500 printed. last i checked on the blu-ray forums it was in the low 40's.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

dorium posted:

Grabbed one of the last Sororrity House Massacre Blu-ray's from Shout Factory

https://shoutfactory.com/products/sorority-house-massacre-special-edition

out of 1,500 printed. last i checked on the blu-ray forums it was in the low 40's.

Thank you for reminding me to over spend on some trashy action films.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

zer0spunk posted:

Vegas Vacation is fun! It's European Vacation that should be erased from human existence

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/VinegarSyndrome/status/1651313800597962761?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rocco posted:

Vegas Vacation is fun! It's European Vacation that should be erased from human existence

Worse than Christmas Vacation?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

all other vacations are worse than christmas vacation. it's the high point of the series, easily.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gripweed posted:

Worse than Christmas Vacation?

What new devilry is this, coming from someone who willingly watched all seven Police Academy movies?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There's seven of those abominations?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ultraviolence123 posted:

I really hope Euro Westerns is the next subgenre to pick up steam.
I've been pitching Spaghetti Westerns to all my friends 'cause they're Camp as gently caress and regardless of what age group, absolutely none of them are down. :smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

edogawa rando posted:

There's seven of those abominations?

Yes, and Gripweed went through all of them in the span of, like, two weeks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s like watching someone eat 50 wings in a single sitting and not trying to stop them from doing it.

You don’t have to hurt yourself, Gripweed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes you do, Gripweed, do it for us, watch the animated series and read the comics

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Ok Gripweed, now tell us why the seventh one was the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Y'all made me go see what the Dollar Tree had and I came home with the first two seasons of The Larry Sanders Show.