Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Space_Butler posted:

I saw a comment on one of the sites like "thank God Owen Wilson isn't in this, it would just confuse audiences" and I don't understand how these people function when they see actors do different roles outside the MCU

Wait Baron Mordo is in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie has announced that it is going to be R rated and some footage was shown at CinemaCon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

muscles like this! posted:

Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie has announced that it is going to be R rated and some footage was shown at CinemaCon.

The footage apparently contains a scene where Kraven meets a man who says, "Do you want to know why they call me the Rhino?" and then transforms into an actual rhinocerous.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Joe Fisto posted:

The footage apparently contains a scene where Kraven meets a man who says, "Do you want to know why they call me the Rhino?" and then transforms into an actual rhinocerous.

"ya wanna know how i got this horn?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Its Kravenin’ time!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jamesman posted:

So I was just watching a video about Superman Returns, and I started thinking that Brandon Routh would be a good Reed Richards.

He kinda is in Legends of Tmrw.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look just give me the Kra-Van and I'll buy 100 tickets

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Space_Butler posted:

I saw a comment on one of the sites like "thank God Owen Wilson isn't in this, it would just confuse audiences" and I don't understand how these people function when they see actors do different roles outside the MCU

Making up people.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think you underestimate how often old trailers would show you basically every single plot beat from the movie, including big twists and final fates of characters.

One of the big examples is Deer Hunter. Not only do they go through basically the whole story, but the trailer ends with Walken and Deniro playing Russian Roulette, Walken putting the gun to his head, and cutting to the title card while you hear the gunshot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joe Fisto posted:

This is about what I expected

I feel like this movie is going to make Morbius look like The Dark Knight in comparison

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is about what I expected

I feel like this movie is going to make Morbius look like The Dark Knight in comparison

Kraven also tackles someone and bites their nose and or face off

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Making up people.

Edit: nvm, misread, I'm dumb

theironjef posted:

Wait Baron Mordo is in this?
Apparently so, or at least as of yesterday they've formally offered him the role.

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 25, 2023

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I like the Sony Marvel movies as a concept because they're hilarious failures and it's fascinating to see all that unfold, but I don't like the Sony Marvel movies as a reality because they poison the Spider-Man well and I'd rather have good Spider-Man movies.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
so I'm NOT going to get Mobius and Morbius on screen together, gently caress

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Space_Butler posted:

I have no idea why you are aggressively weird but I sent you the comment since you insist on living your life like this and this thread doesn't need dramamongering.

What?

Sorry i should clarify. the commentor you are talking about was making up people. Normal people can figure this stuff out.

Edit: oh you sent me a pm.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

so I'm NOT going to get Mobius and Morbius on screen together, gently caress

Sadly, they only gently caress off screen.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51cYVZWKdY

New Flash trailer out of Cinemacon, in advance of them screening the movie in full. Much more Bat-heavy than before, mostly about Keaton but with a little more Affleck.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Space_Butler posted:

Much more Bat-heavy than before, mostly about Keaton but with a little more Affleck.

Oh boy! Wouldn't want any Flash in the Flash movie!

(I jest but with the Ezra Miller situation, uh, maybe that's accurate)

e: anyway, this movie looks baaaaaaaaaaad

Arist fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 25, 2023

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arist posted:

Oh boy! Wouldn't want any Flash in the Flash movie!

(I jest but with the Ezra Miller situation, uh, maybe that's accurate)

e: anyway, this movie looks baaaaaaaaaaad

Really? I think it looks great and it's been quite a while since I've been this excited for a DC movie.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It looks good and I can't wait to watch it on HBOMax

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Keaton Batman and SUpergirl are probably gonna get me to see in theaters instead of waiting until streaming. I'm not sure.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Doing flashpoint in the first Flash solo movie is almost as dumb as doing Death of Superman in his seconds movie.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't really get how certain comic book storylines become part of the stable that gets drawn from over and over again. Like that period of time where they kept doing Death in the Family. Nobody really liked Flashpoint even at the time!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I thought the shazam Captain Planet idea was pretty cool. That might be it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mycot posted:

I don't really get how certain comic book storylines become part of the stable that gets drawn from over and over again. Like that period of time where they kept doing Death in the Family. Nobody really liked Flashpoint even at the time!

It's because very few Superman or Flash stories break through even within nerd circles like ours. Like people will say to real Waid or Johns or Williamson's runs of Flash but not so much specific story arcs. Superman has the problem that the ones that DO break through are stuff like Red Son or All Star (and I know some of you nerds are gonna go "But All Star would be a great movie!") where the premise basically makes it impossible to do a sequel. So you get stuck with the big crossovers that got some outside attention like Doomsday and Flashpoint.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
The great thing about doing Flashpoint now is, like the Death of Superman, it takes the storyline off the table for the next 10+ years, since there's no way they're going to do it again so soon. If they wanna get all that out of their system on a dead universe with a Flash they're most likely getting rid of, fine by me. I'm getting a 3rd Michael Keaton Batman movie out if it and I'm fine with that.

I'm liking more of what I see of Muschietti's frenetic direction, gives me hope for when he inevitably makes a DCU movie, since he's one of WB's current golden boys.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Flash: Batman: No Way Home

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
As much chagrin as I got for Barry Allen's rise to prominence I do get some enjoyment out of the fact that he's gone from "The savior who died to save the multiverse" to "the idiot who hosed up the multiverse"

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Laughed out loud that the Flash trailer starts with Batman talking about his parents.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

It's because very few Superman or Flash stories break through even within nerd circles like ours. Like people will say to real Waid or Johns or Williamson's runs of Flash but not so much specific story arcs. Superman has the problem that the ones that DO break through are stuff like Red Son or All Star (and I know some of you nerds are gonna go "But All Star would be a great movie!") where the premise basically makes it impossible to do a sequel. So you get stuck with the big crossovers that got some outside attention like Doomsday and Flashpoint.

Which would be one thing if we were just asking random fans which stories should be adapted but you would think that the point of having the execs having so many editors or writer-consultants on their speed dial that the well would be more than just surface deep.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Really? I think it looks great and it's been quite a while since I've been this excited for a DC movie.

Yeah, I'm ashamed to say that god help me I think I'm gonna watch this one.

mycot posted:

I think it's because on paper it's a really good idea. Like, you can't tell me that "guy fucks with time trying to save a loved one and poo poo does not go according to plan" isn't a good concept.

Hell, I would go so far as to say that it would not be nearly as poorly looked upon if it were, as it was originally intended, just a Flash event, rather than being forced after the fact into being a reboot device and therefore subconsciously linked with the New 52 (and all the poo poo that entails) in comic fans' minds. Like, would people say "oh man Flashpoint is my favorite comic of all time"? No, almost definitely not, but there'd be way less negativity towards it whenever it's brought up.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I thought the shazam Captain Planet idea was pretty cool. That might be it?

Captain Thunder was definitely a better Captain Marvel rebrand than just making his name Shazam, that's for sure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw some of the McFarlane Flash figures just now, and I guess Dark Flash is in the movie.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Keaton as Thomas Wayne would have been fun

Keaton as 80s Burton Bruce is just Batman: No Way Home and I think that’s kind of lame

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Watching the trailer vs watching a scene from MoS is really jarring.

Flash is lit and shot like a video game cutscene with Hero Light everywhere. Really loses what made Barry stand out in JL, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hate being able to see.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I saw some of the McFarlane Flash figures just now, and I guess Dark Flash is in the movie.

Wasn't he in the first trailer?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It's not especially shocking and it'll probably happen towards the end of the movie, right? Like there's a reason the movie stars two Ezras Miller in all the marketing, it's so they can set up the dark mirror sequel without having to contend with 25th century super-scientist Eobard Thawne. They'll have a falling out at the 11th hour, work together grudgingly, and we'll see one of them spraypainting yellow or black on a costume in a post-credits stinger.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DC Exec: No more Ezra?

No, more Ezras!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

theironjef posted:

It's not especially shocking and it'll probably happen towards the end of the movie, right? Like there's a reason the movie stars two Ezras Miller in all the marketing, it's so they can set up the dark mirror sequel without having to contend with 25th century super-scientist Eobard Thawne. They'll have a falling out at the 11th hour, work together grudgingly, and we'll see one of them spraypainting yellow or black on a costume in a post-credits stinger.

It's black on the toy in question. Probably because 'yellow would look too silly' ignoring the fact that it worked fine for 10 years on TV. (I mean a lot of that was Tom Cavanaugh selling it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
If they were really going to do the No Way Home route they should have brought back Bale as well.