Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

All Treks are strangely horny, but Enterprise is by far the strangest.

I think DS9 is both objectively hornier and stranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Remember: Enterprise was the show that taught Terry Matalas how to make Star Trek...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Poor Porthos there on the right, knowing he has to get rubbed down with gross gel

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Poor Porthos there on the right, knowing he has to get rubbed down with gross gel

Sexy

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly I feel like that screenshot just kinda summarises Enterprise as a series

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I think DS9 is both objectively hornier and stranger

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

The Human/Dog Centipede (First Sequence).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its bullshit we can't get a episode of new Star Trek that is as good as the first appearance of Vic Fontaine and Kira and Odo episode which despite me not liking that romantic couple is still loving amazing

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
How does a pile of goo even make love to a woman?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Comprehensively, one assumes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Outpost22 posted:

By turning into a beam of light while she spins around

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why doesn't T'pol have Vulcan underwear? Are we supposed to believe vulcans are rocking grey briefs under those robes?

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Should've had them quarantine for two weeks in a silver Airstream camper like the Apollo astronauts. Maybe have a cameo from Space Nixon greeting them.

Space Nixon also gets the gel.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

Do you want a diagram or what

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Outpost22 posted:

https://twitter.com/_mrpussy/status/1648813057492021249

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why doesn't T'pol have Vulcan underwear? Are we supposed to believe vulcans are rocking grey briefs under those robes?

A visible panty line in those tight uniforms would be most illogical though.

For any Picard Season 3 fans it doesn't look like we'll be getting Star Trek Legacy at all. With two animated series still being made, the Section 31 movie (:rolleyes:), Starfleet Academy and Strange New Worlds being produced, the market is saturated at this point, so Paramount is unlikely to fund another series until at least SNW or SA is over.

Added to that is the age of some of the older cast, especially Patrick Stewart. I wouldn't mind Legacy focusing on the 55 and under cast members, the ones who got any screen time were really solid.

I wish they'd replace Starfleet Academy with Legacy. Personally I have little interest in the 32nd Century setting, two seasons of Discovery set there were enough and the interesting ideas they had for each season ended up really boring.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I wish they'd replace Starfleet Academy with Legacy. Personally I have little interest in the 32nd Century setting, two seasons of Discovery set there were enough and the interesting ideas they had for each season ended up really boring.

Pass on the Legacy. I don't care about Jack at all. Shaw and Seven could have been decent show maybe, but they killed that idea because killing people is fun.

Would honestly prefer a Worf and Raffi show.

Bring back the sword elf, give him a series.

I know, a Starfleet Research anthology show where every week is different horrific experiment Starfleet is doing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also the sooner we forget the G the better

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's already a star trek legacy, it was that PC game that said vger invented the borg

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't need any TNG crew.

A show with Seven, Crash, that Chef, Jack, Elnor, and Raffi on the G would be pretty cool though.

I actually like Raffi I just hate everything they e done with her, I would like to see her on a starship and not under distress from her lovely family ostracizing her.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The General posted:

I know, a Starfleet Research anthology show where every week is different horrific experiment Starfleet is doing.

This reminded me of Bates Motel actually. It could have been a murder of the week type show that lasted one season but it was actually bloody great.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want them to just do a bunch of one-season stories. Anthology show, basically, or they could just market each as their own show.

eg: Star Trek: Endurance. Bad thing happens to the USS Endurance - basically the story of Shackleton's Endurance but in space.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't need any TNG crew.

A show with Seven, Crash, that Chef, Jack, Elnor, and Raffi on the G would be pretty cool though.

I actually like Raffi I just hate everything they e done with her, I would like to see her on a starship and not under distress from her lovely family ostracizing her.

i thought she was the lovely one in her family

she's like the fox news grandpa viewpoint character. family doesn't want to deal with her, addicted to opiates, obsessed with conspiracy theories, would rather watch Hannity than do anything with her kid

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The General posted:

Star Trek: Eureka would be an amazing premise. Maybe set it on a Daystrom Institute ship or station?

Disco even feels like it starts off as this, but only had half the pilot to work with so never moved past the Spore Drive Lab to the next "Insane Project of the Week" Lab.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The original idea with discovery was that they'd have another weird experimental bullshit thing every season.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The General posted:

Would honestly prefer a Worf and Raffi show.

Bring back the sword elf, give him a series.

Worf and Elno double feature.

[announcer voice] Two men, separated by the galaxy, but united by their love of stabbing people.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I am playing Star Trek: Legacy (2006 video game). Wow, it kind of sucks!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I'd like an anthology series that shows a different ship dealing with weird poo poo in space, doesn't have to be limited to just federation ships either

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

One of the reasons they didn't like the idea years ago (they toyed with it early in Discovery's development, apparently) was that it would be too costly to do new sets and cast and developement every year.

That said, the sets thing shouldn't be too much of an issue: if you do an anthology of different ships all in the same era, you can reconstruct/redecorate sets to represent different ships based on the idea that starfleet has standardised designs and bridge modules and aesthetics, anyway.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dabir posted:

I am playing Star Trek: Legacy (2006 video game). Wow, it kind of sucks!

It's basically offline Star Trek Online.

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys
They should have renamed the Titan to USS Shaw

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Jerk Burger posted:

They should have renamed the Titan to USS Chitown Dipshit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Communist Bear posted:

It's basically offline Star Trek Online.

does STO control like loving rear end cause this game controls like loving rear end

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dabir posted:

does STO control like loving rear end cause this game controls like loving rear end

Does it ever!

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I like ‘Lower Decks’ and how it’s main cast weren’t the captain and co and like to see that in live action. Or maybe a show in the Star Trek universe not focused on star fleet. Like is ‘space communism’ is truly universal? What’s the deal latnium? If it’s a post currency society why does it exist and what does it trade for and why?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Shran show. For real. I know Jeff is probably too old for it now so I’ll settle for Son of Shran show.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to see everyday civilian life in detail in a show focused on it, because I'm not sure that it could be designed that well by a TV and I certainly don't think the writers could keep it up without falling back to familiar tropes that are fundamentally scarcity based. I think it's probably for the best that they've kept the actual life and operation of the Federation and the way that it all works quite vague by sticking to the more structured and hierarchical life in Starfleet. Everyday people's lives would just be fundamentally different from ours in quite a few ways and you'd have to get out there about it in a way a TV writer's room wouldn't.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Fair, but considering the trend of “star fleet having evil elements” you have to wonder what the heck is really true about how good the universe really is Star Trek

naem
May 29, 2011

Shnag posted:

I like ‘Lower Decks’ and how it’s main cast weren’t the captain and co and like to see that in live action. Or maybe a show in the Star Trek universe not focused on star fleet. Like is ‘space communism’ is truly universal? What’s the deal latnium? If it’s a post currency society why does it exist and what does it trade for and why?

a couple really good scripts for one off bottle episodes to explore this a bit in a star trek show would be a lot of fun.

People on Flabulon 7 have no idea what is going on with the spaceship in the sky meeting their president, they just know glowing phaser beams explosions are going off and people in color coded onesies are giving speeches, then the economy is replaced with atm machine style replicators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Voyager had this episode when there was “a rumour” that voyager was a bunch of gently caress ups blowing everything up while smirking self righteously the whole time doing it. Of course the episode ended with being “lies” about them. It would be interesting to see that played straight. Like people can have the best of intentions but still make a choice that made everything worse and acknowledge that