Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm gonna take one big bath then get a pedicure on the 11th.
From the 12 till 16th just homemade chili, limeade and quick shits whenever I see a loading screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Mahoning posted:

If you’re looking for a physical copy, you’ll be able to walk into any store that sells games on May 12 and buy it.
I thought as much for megaman and ended up having to go to three different stores, so i'm pre-ordering this time.

Also there's pre-order bonuses

also midnight-release type events are, according to the cashier, pre-orders only

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was looking back at my old BotW videos, and stuff like this feels like the biggest reason why horses will never be my thing in the game :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/EnCzT7N.mp4

I know it won't happen, but I really wish the master cycle would just be something you have right from the start in TotK.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That needs to be in the base game. I never got the dlc and knew the cycle existed but seeing it in action makes me furious I never got to tool around on it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's too hard for me to even get the thing.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q3dxXl2g9U

That's her soul... :stonk:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If I can get it, you can get it. Nobody is worse at videogames than me :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

in the flame gleeok clip link has 17 hearts in a single row
which probably means they upped the max amount of heart containers all the way to 40

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Augus posted:

in the flame gleeok clip link has 17 hearts in a single row
which probably means they upped the max amount of heart containers all the way to 40

Durians or some other hp boosting ability probably making a comeback

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Upsidads posted:

From the 12 till 16th just homemade chili, limeade and quick shits whenever I see a loading screen

Love to hear about the lifestyles of the rich and famous

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are youy allowed to pre install this game on the eshop

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

It's a midnight release (Eastern standard), so, maybe?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat, I finally got around to checking out Hyrule Castle and this area absolutely kicks rear end. Maybe I'll make my way up to Ganon tomorrow and stick some Lynel swords up his face.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm gearing for it for the first time (the last time I beat BotW it didn't even exist!) and while I wouldn't say it's too hard yet, it has way, way more steps than I thought it would. These DLC shrines are pretty nuts, and I didn't expect I'd be tasked with doing them all at once. I figured they'd just be 20 additional shrines to do whenever!

but I don't think I like Master Mode tbh. The health regen is just too ridiculous, and it's been especially obnoxious for these redux blights fights. 10 total arrows for this waterblight prick? and his regen kicks in during his long rear end transition animations? gently caress off!!!!

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

The DLC shrines are the best shrines, and the DLC dungeon is the best dungeon (I really like Vah Naboris too).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

The DLC shrines are the best shrines, and the DLC dungeon is the best dungeon (I really like Vah Naboris too).

Are those the champions ballad ones where you first need to use the OHKO candle stick to clear some camps?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

a.lo posted:

This is what my eShop preorder confirmation mail says:

"Payment will be collected no sooner than seven days before the official release date, and the download will start immediately upon the successful completion of payment."

So I'd say yes?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Khanstant posted:

Love to hear about the lifestyles of the rich and famous

I'm the opposite of that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hate to don't hear the unlives of the derich and inflammablemous?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Mustached Demon posted:

Are those the champions ballad ones where you first need to use the OHKO candle stick to clear some camps?

The first four make you so that, from then on it's just absolute banger puzzles.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Yeah, I think had these shrines existed at launch it would have taken some of the sting away from the no-dungeons thing, because they are much more involved and clever in the same ways dungeon puzzles are

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

The first four make you so that, from then on it's just absolute banger puzzles.

There's also nothing stopping you from carpet bombing those camps with bomb arrows instead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I'm vibing with BotW again, baby. Headphones make the game just *chefs kiss*

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kassad posted:

There's also nothing stopping you from carpet bombing those camps with bomb arrows instead.

Might try that with my collection of only the finest lynel bows. Each of the blight bosses already got lots of arrows to the face.

Probably go back to it after I shove a sword and a bunch of arrows into Ganon and declare victory over master mode.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

WarpDogs posted:

I'm gearing for it for the first time (the last time I beat BotW it didn't even exist!) and while I wouldn't say it's too hard yet, it has way, way more steps than I thought it would. These DLC shrines are pretty nuts, and I didn't expect I'd be tasked with doing them all at once. I figured they'd just be 20 additional shrines to do whenever!

My Switch came with a copy of BOTW and all the DLC installed on an account the old owner left me the PW for, I played through the game and beat it, then took a big break, then picked it up again and decided getting the bike would be my new objective, then left off after doing like... 4 steps of the quest.

I picked it back up again a few weeks ago and powered through it in a couple evenings and I'm now kind of like "ok, now what?" - would have been a lot more fun if I'd done it earlier when I had more of the game left to explore.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Upsidads posted:

Just play on the toilet, so you never need to move.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's hosed up that Charles decided the coronation and hence the extra bank holiday should take place the exact weekend before this game comes out. This is the real tears of the kingdom.

Senrab
May 10, 2012
I feel like I'm the only BotW player who liked the horses...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Senrab posted:

I feel like I'm the only BotW player who liked the horses...

I enjoy mine :shobon:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

jackhunter64 posted:

It's hosed up that Charles decided the coronation and hence the extra bank holiday should take place the exact weekend before this game comes out. This is the real tears of the kingdom.

Maybe he wants to play it too

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Slowpoke! posted:

Maybe he wants to play it too

he's got a review copy :argh:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Zeltik got to play the game already, lucky bastard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMZzW7hj0M
Obviously some spoilers, but nothing story related apparently

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

External Organs posted:

he's got a review copy :argh:

It's good to be da king.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Gonna be a tough few weeks resisting watching that (and avoiding the Internet as a whole).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife is currently limping through the first four shrines. They love to gently caress with you by putting spikes and hazards everywhere!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

Gonna be a tough few weeks resisting watching that (and avoiding the Internet as a whole).

Yeah for spoiler purists, do not watch that. It indeed doesn't discuss any plot stuff but there is a shitload of new information, including a lot of new footage.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
This is a user interface quality of life spoiler from that video: I dunno if it was previously known but thank christ they changed the horizontally scrolling power list to a radial menu. That alone is worth the cost of admission in my opinion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1651215481196404737?t=vBLl7Er0yJK4tqUUW1XTBg&s=19

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Yeah, the preview embargo lifted like an hour ago and a bunch of sites have previews out now

https://www.polygon.com/23697960/zelda-tears-kingdom-preview-release-date

https://techcrunch.com/2023/04/26/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-in-the-kingdom-preview

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1651210783622037504
(minor game mechanic spoilers in the replies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEkVlEIODdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sRMNwwLsc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1v1Kvnobxg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

External Organs posted:

drat, I finally got around to checking out Hyrule Castle and this area absolutely kicks rear end. Maybe I'll make my way up to Ganon tomorrow and stick some Lynel swords up his face.

I will always 100% recommend an early visit to Hyrule Castle just for the sheer terror of it.

And the good loot of course.