Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's so dumb. Lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
it doesn't "rely on people buying it as real" any more than a photoshop of biden kissing trump does.

it's just a dumb joke post from a joke posting account, that, because twitter is a terrible platform, goes viral and appears in people's normal feeds, who then uncritically accept it at face value because they're tired, stupid, high, lazy, whatever, and then gets reposted as "woah look at this real thing!" or "can't believe this guy's trying to pass this off as real, what a jerk!", and before you know it everyone's WORKED THE gently caress UP ONLINE

not me though

also yes we're on a dead forum in a thread about elon musk. our suffering is legendary, even in hell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s a crap posting account! Go to hell!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ugh give me a sixer for that

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
if u find yourself posting in hell, keep posting

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Goldmine

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Is Elon Test still dead?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DeepDickPizza posted:

Is Elon Test still dead?

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's so dumb. Lol!

this

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Elon Musk is freakin epic 😈!!!!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/tazerface16/status/1651123286175260673?s=46&t=c-J7OWymHbNvQekTSNjY-w

https://twitter.com/viciousnet/status/1651123737893261313?s=46&t=c-J7OWymHbNvQekTSNjY-w

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

thread title

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Freedom of speech on the #1 site for finding the truth.

https://twitter.com/sue_davison3/status/1651124836318453761

mcbexx has issued a correction as of 12:24 on Apr 26, 2023

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jeb! 🤣

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1651193277125672963?t=FINRETB7C3glZUagYwXCyw&s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

this article is written like there would be consequences or something

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i am harry posted:

I tried getting a job at one in 2009 drove from Lake Charles La all the loving way to Beaumont TX for a training sesh where I was told RadioShacks whole business model at that point was selling people batteries and that’s the only profit source they had

that was a weird drive back thinking about that and deciding I’d rather continue to have no money than try to sell double As

now we just have Batteries+

any kind of battery you need, just batteries, all the batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries

reminds me of the time my car battery was dead so I strapped the battery onto the rack on my bike and rode a couple of miles to the nearest Batteries+

Let me tell you, taking turns on a bike with an extra 90lbs way over your center of gravity requires no small amount of concentration.

Just-In-Timeberlake has issued a correction as of 13:55 on Apr 26, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

now we just have Batteries+

any kind of battery you need, just batteries, all the batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries

they also sell bulbs

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

they also sell bulbs

Which ironically is now their main source of revenue

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

i am harry posted:

I tried getting a job at one in 2009 drove from Lake Charles La all the loving way to Beaumont TX for a training sesh where I was told RadioShacks whole business model at that point was selling people batteries and that’s the only profit source they had

that was a weird drive back thinking about that and deciding I’d rather continue to have no money than try to sell double As

I worked at one around that time period and yeah. Corporate leadership basically abandoned the actual reason people went to RadioShacks, for projects and components, and decided we should focus on nothing but cellphones and batteries. All the electronic parts were shunted into a corner and left to rot for the most part so the people who actually frequented RadioShack stopped coming. We got to the point where we wouldn’t see a customer for the entire day because of this decision. Instead we had to try to sell batteries with anything and everything. It got to the point where if you didn’t sell a mega pack of double AAs with a cellphone corporate wanted your manager to sit down and ask you why they didn’t buy batteries with a cellphone. Everyone besides regional managers knew it was bullshit and luckily that’s when I left for better jobs

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
im starting to think elon is not actually making twitter free speechier, im feeling kind of disillusioned about the twitter files

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You won't care.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

the milk machine posted:

im starting to think elon is not actually making twitter free speechier, im feeling kind of disillusioned about the twitter files

can't believe he duped Taibbi like that

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
One time I needed a 2.5 mm to 3.5mm converter for a headset and RadioShack was the only store that had one and it was like 55 cents

Every other place said that didn't exist and said I needed a new headset

RadioShack just wasn't designed for this new world where you gotta upsell

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

used to buy those simple black with gold connector radio shack brand AV cables because they were good and cheap and not monster cables

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

One time I needed a 2.5 mm to 3.5mm converter for a headset and RadioShack was the only store that had one and it was like 55 cents

Every other place said that didn't exist and said I needed a new headset

RadioShack just wasn't designed for this new world where you gotta upsell

When I was 12 I bought a pair of broken Grado headphones for 10 dollars, and Radio Shack repaired them for 5 bucks by just putting on a new jack. Radio Shack good.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

mcbexx posted:

Freedom of speech on the #1 site for finding the truth.

https://twitter.com/sue_davison3/status/1651124836318453761

Is this the free speech Matt Taibbi was trying to sell me?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just a Moron posted:

It's only free speech as long you pay $8 for it

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Just a Moron posted:

Rmemeber, Taibbi said that Elon Musk was good for free speech

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

That can't be right, that's something only an idiot would say :thunk:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I don't remember if I post this on either thread, but I remember a good while ago when Elon posted a playlist of music he liked, and all of them were classical music save for one track, which was Andrea Boccelli's Time To Say Goodbye, and that was probably like one of the only moments I've seen him put out something not clouded by a floating funko pop or some sort of world spanning sentiment but rather "Yeah, I believe a 50 year old sorta-European guy would put that particular song on his playlist, specially if he was like 30 or so when he heard it for the first time."

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I worked at one around that time period and yeah. Corporate leadership basically abandoned the actual reason people went to RadioShacks, for projects and components, and decided we should focus on nothing but cellphones and batteries. All the electronic parts were shunted into a corner and left to rot for the most part so the people who actually frequented RadioShack stopped coming. We got to the point where we wouldn’t see a customer for the entire day because of this decision. Instead we had to try to sell batteries with anything and everything. It got to the point where if you didn’t sell a mega pack of double AAs with a cellphone corporate wanted your manager to sit down and ask you why they didn’t buy batteries with a cellphone. Everyone besides regional managers knew it was bullshit and luckily that’s when I left for better jobs

in an alternate reality where Musk is a Radio Shack middle manager he's firing an employee for pointing out that at this point everyone has a cellphone and a few packs of double AAs

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Just a Moron posted:

That can't be right, that's something only an idiot would say :thunk:

You could be a shill, knowing that your loyalty would be rewarded.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

lurkeskywalker posted:

Glen is fine with it. He is carrying water for the type of trash that would Ernst Rohm his dumb rear end in a heart beat, if they got their way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DrPossum posted:

this article is written like there would be consequences or something

the consequences are that twitter is increasingly seen as a no-longer trustworthy source of information by a larger group of people

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I remember the first time I opened the parts drawers in a RadioShack :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

used to buy those simple black with gold connector radio shack brand AV cables because they were good and cheap and not monster cables

They did a blind test of different cables along with monster cables with “audiophiles” and the participants rated the loving metal coat hanger as the highest quality so LOL if you buy monster cables