Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Runcible Cat posted:

I will always 100% recommend an early visit to Hyrule Castle just for the sheer terror of it.

And the good loot of course.

I should have done it... But now I'm messing people up hard. Still feels good tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Alright time for blackout mode

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

hatty posted:

:hmmyes:

Someone else here said it best- this is the first launch day Zelda I've ever played and it's like I'm a little kid again. Not going to spoil any of that fun with an internet I didn't have when I was a little kid.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

It's too late; you already know TotK exists. :smugbert:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm 9000x more hyped now that I watched that video. I was on board before but now I'm extremely excited.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

games gonna own

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i am far too weak to not slurp up all this hot nasty preview content like the freak i am

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The IGN preview mentioned some pretty awesome sounding stuff like being able to save vehicle creations and auto-construct them later apparently called auto-ultrahand

And the Korok puzzles seem to be more involved now, he had to reunite 2 Koroks that were stranded on different islands and got 2 seeds as a reward

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Game starting to sound like it weirdly would have loving owned with inventory manipulation on the WiiU lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Okay, but: did any of the previewers try the Meat Arrow to see if it does anything?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Have they shown off shirtless link?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also lol that the new towers appear to just hurl you straight up into the sky like a slingshot

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Okay, but: did any of the previewers try the Meat Arrow to see if it does anything?

looks like it distracts enemies

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Icedude posted:

Zeltik got to play the game already, lucky bastard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMZzW7hj0M
Obviously some spoilers, but nothing story related apparently

oh drat, didnt realize that the pachinko machines give out zonai parts that you can store in your inventory for later. That fuckin rocks and means that I can always have a few fans or rockets on hand in case I need to make a janky Revali's Gale by fusing them to my shield and surfing into the sky

cant wait for this game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am unbelievably excited for TOTK; Moreso than when I was a kid and saw the first Wind Waker trailer.

It's been a pleasure but I gotta dip out of this thread until June or so.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Now that no one's reading the thread we can start doing illegal things like smoking and saying swear words

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well I was right, Bomb Flowers are back.

Also, one of the best gameplay changes I saw in the videos was just being able to throw materials. No fusing needed to smack an enemy with a chu jelly or something

Being able to have Zonai parts to carry around, including a one-use Cooking Pot, as well as actual recipe cards are very nice and convenient surprises

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

oh drat, didnt realize that the pachinko machines give out zonai parts that you can store in your inventory for later. That fuckin rocks and means that I can always have a few fans or rockets on hand in case I need to make a janky Revali's Gale by fusing them to my shield and surfing into the sky

cant wait for this game

Don't start calling them pachinko machines too, god

Zeltik keeps getting that so wrong. They're gacha machines

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

The Zonai are a monstrously bad civilization and deserve to be extinct

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do any of the previews mention framerate? Though Nintendo probably chose areas with good framerate for the preview build.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

RatHat posted:

Do any of the previews mention framerate? Though Nintendo probably chose areas with good framerate for the preview build.

A few of them do, IGN said it ran at a consistent frame rate the entire play session. The B-roll Nintendo sent out is an outlier apparently.

Gene Park says the game runs better than BOTW and looks better doing it
https://twitter.com/genepark/status/1651217211506278402

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

:goonsay:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Zeltik video had a lot of concerning slowdown, especially in the camp when they were lighting stuff on fire

looks like the Switch can barely keep up

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

RatHat posted:

Schrier's preview ends by saying

quote:

The demo left me with a few lingering questions that won’t be answered until the game is released. Will the Switch’s technical capacities struggle to support a game this ambitious? Will the controls, which seemed unwieldy during my brief session, eventually feel more natural? And will Zelda, who has spent years playing the part of damsel in distress, have a more active role or even be controllable this time around?

So I guess ...we aren't sure?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

RatHat posted:

Some of the reviewer gameplay shown drops to considerably sub-30 levels when there are a lot of monsters on screen.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Zeltik video had a lot of concerning slowdown, especially in the camp when they were lighting stuff on fire

looks like the Switch can barely keep up

That looked weird to me - like he was slowing down the video to make it match his script.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/1651221819083354117?s=20

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

CBD Corndog posted:

A few of them do, IGN said it ran at a consistent frame rate the entire play session. The B-roll Nintendo sent out is an outlier apparently.

Gene Park says the game runs better than BOTW and looks better doing it
https://twitter.com/genepark/status/1651217211506278402
BotW was already pretty much pushing the Switch to its limit. The Wii U and the Switch aren't exactly on very different technical footing and the Switch's main leg up is a bit more memory. I wouldn't expect TotK to be particularly different performance-wise - I'm expecting solid 30 most of the time, some dips with lots of dynamic stuff happening (fire, grass, many enemies).

External Organs posted:

That looked weird to me - like he was slowing down the video to make it match his script.
It looked like normal BotW slowdown to me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A really encouraging thing is that multiple previewers killed themselves in funny ways while loving around with the abilities

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Nintendo Life put out 12minutes of gameplay with no commentary, seems to be running pretty well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diENGaYsI7I

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weeeeeeeeelp, I aint watching any of that, I need to go on spoiler lockdown

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Volte posted:

This is a user interface quality of life spoiler from that video: I dunno if it was previously known but thank christ they changed the horizontally scrolling power list to a radial menu. That alone is worth the cost of admission in my opinion.

That’s good, i was wanting that

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Whoops double post

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Now that no one's reading the thread we can start doing illegal things like smoking and saying swear words

I think TotK is going to be heckin' good!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Weeeeeeeeelp, I aint watching any of that, I need to go on spoiler lockdown

:same:

Senrab
May 10, 2012
Did we confirm that the original abilities (bombs, magnesis, etc) are not returning? I haven't seen anything.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Senrab posted:

Did we confirm that the original abilities (bombs, magnesis, etc) are not returning? I haven't seen anything.
It doesn't seem like they're returning from what we've seen but it seems like Magnesis is basically fully superceded by Ultrahand (no need for objects to be metal anymore), and Recall kind of takes the place of Stasis in that it can be used to change the course of large objects. Bombs being gone is a welcome change to me because I relied on quick swapping back and forth between the two types to stunlock basically everything I could and I hated it but didn't really have any other options at my disposal most of the time.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am hoping that the performance issues in that Arthur Gies tweet was no worse than when things get harry in BotW. On the other hand, it did sound like he was pushing the building stuff to its limits.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Interesting that the previews seemed to confirm underground areas but no one tried to go for them in the free play time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Senrab posted:

No one has shown them off, Ultrahand seems to completely obviate Magnesis and we officially have collectable bomb flowers so I think its safe to say the Shiekah runes are not coming back.