Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I like these teasers because I tend to remember cards by their art more than their names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Is anyone even playing twig of the world tree? I haven’t seen it. Looks like mostly a DK nerf then. I wouldn’t mind seeing a list of what’s getting buffed if anyone has a link to one.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

Is anyone even playing twig of the world tree? I haven’t seen it. Looks like mostly a DK nerf then. I wouldn’t mind seeing a list of what’s getting buffed if anyone has a link to one.

it's a Wild card

and it's decimating the format with 85% wr so yes, you could say it's being played

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
They've also been hesitant to increase the unwritten rules (e.g. discover restricted by runes, mana tax), so unless they are now just adding a bunch of text to cards (another thing they are loath to do) I have trouble seeing how they change this while remaining consistent. Should be fun though, I got Mukla at level 50 so I'm ready for Hunter dominance.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I expect it will be something relatively simple like removing all triple-rune effects from the discover pool. Which has the knock-on effect of making triple-rune even more appealing, because that would be the only way to access those powerful effects.

The big design failure of Death Knight so far is that there’s been very little incentive to mix and match your runes. There’s no real push and pull about how deep to go into any particular rune, because the most powerful effects are all triple, and the class’s neutral/runeless/discover options are broad enough to cover any weaknesses of the individual runes. You go triple Undead because Grave Strength and Marrowgar are way better than anything you could pick up from other runes. Likewise Frostwyrm’s Fury and Vampiric Blood.

Incidentally, I don’t know how they plan to change it, but I’m really unhappy to see Spitelash Siren on the buff list. That’s a card I don’t think you ever want being good enough to see regularly.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what you mean you dont like watching a mage play with himself for 2 minutes on turn 5, generating a full board of nagas and removing your board in the process, all while filling up their hands with spells for later turns?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Hahaha wild druid can eat that nerf

Really hope they change it to refresh

Am a little concerned it's just going to make Kingsbane the new busted hotness though

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

No… my precious blood death knight… I loved playing that deck

I just opened a signature Cage Head this morning and was thinking of dusting it so I could make a few more cards to streamline my wish.com-rear end blood Death Knight deck. Glad I waited, but I had been looking forward to being part of the problem for once. :sigh:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
At least flurry is out of the pool. That probably makes a big difference.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Excelzior posted:

it's a Wild card

and it's decimating the format with 85% wr so yes, you could say it's being played

Oh I don’t play wild that’s why.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The Lord Bude posted:

Oh I don’t play wild that’s why.
One of the streamers over the weekend literally tried their best to make a deck that Twig, Orb, Guff and 2x Weapon Tutor couldn't break and had very limited success. He won with a '35 Random Legendary Minions + Weapon Package' at one point.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I guess with the nerfs coming I should just play DK till they hit. I crafted frost and blood and I’ve barely played either.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is there a list of card buffs for those of us who are filthy casuals and can’t recognise card art

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

is there a list of card buffs for those of us who are filthy casuals and can’t recognise card art

Rock Master Voone
Verse Riff
Bridge Riff
Power Slider
Frightened Flunky
Shield block
Thori'belore
Spitelash Siren
Infinitize the Maxitude
Arcane Artificer
Audio Splitter
Stranglethorn Heart
Halduron Brightwing
Jazz Bass
Altered Chord
Lightning Storm
Flowrider
Crescendo
Crazed Conductor
Siphon Soul
Record Scratcher
MC Blingtron
Holy Nova
Kiri, Chosen of Elune
Death Blossom Whomper

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'd love to see the names of the nerfed ones as well (excluding DK of course). Too bad Kibler is playing MtG today, I was looking forward to his thoughts on these changes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Holy nova eh? If these changes make control priest better I’ll be super happy.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
To be clear, we don’t know what exactly the changes are yet, just that those are the cards being changed.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think Holy Nova has to be going to 3 healing to all friendly targets, dropping the mana or increasing the damage would both be too strong

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Disargeria posted:

They never should have printed such narrow range discover cards in the first place.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If it really is limiting the Discover options, I'm gonna laugh if they end up having to nerf Patchwerk to costing 2 or 3 blood runes because he's way too easy to Discover

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I feel like frost probably needs a small nerf but blood doesn’t. It already has decks that do a good job against it and it does the lord’s work in keeping super aggro face decks in check. Hearthstone is at its worst when face decks dominate.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I think the worst DK outlier is discovering/generating 4 frostwyrm's fury and permafreezing the board. That feels much worse to play against than limiting the discover pool to your own rune type and should be curbed somehow. I don't really mind anything else. Also agree with ^, control needs to be viable, face decks are super boring. Like, why even print all these fun 6+ mana cards when games end on turn 5.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It is kind of astonishing that, after having so much trouble with Snowfall Guardian last year, they decided to print an even better version, with less of a drawback.

Maybe lay off the mass freeze for a while. I promise no one will miss it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For DK I'm guessing either you can't discover 3 rune cards or rune cards at all

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

RatHat posted:

For DK I'm guessing either you can't discover [...] rune cards at all

This would force the three DK Discover cards to be completely changed because nothing would be fixed if they stayed the same

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I'm guessing it's 3 Rune Cards are removed from the Discover Pool. Either that or something like "you can no longer discover cards with runes that your deck didn't start with." Which would mean Rainbow DK's time to shine baby!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’d look at removing the cost reduction effect from the 3 mana 2/4 discover a spell card. So that they can’t start blasting frostworm’s fury on turn 5.

But they said they’re doing something substantial to the class as a whole so who knows.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Either that or something like "you can no longer discover cards with runes that your deck didn't start with." Which would mean Rainbow DK's time to shine baby!

I don't think it can be that, the discover pool would be even smaller, which means even more frostwyrms and +10 health for the respective DKs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Wonder if they'll change corpse requirements? It feels exceedingly rare that DKs don't have the necessary corpses for secondary effects.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just had a thief priest steal my entire Anub Jailer Tony combo and turn it on me.
Torn between being mad and not being mad.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Is there a good resource for budget decks? I haven't played since uhhhhh April 2018 but I've been thinking about checking this out again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Quiet Feet posted:

Wonder if they'll change corpse requirements? It feels exceedingly rare that DKs don't have the necessary corpses for secondary effects.

I could see them giving all generated creatures the risen keyword so coroses only come from creatures summoned from hand.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Julio Cruz posted:

I think Holy Nova has to be going to 3 healing to all friendly targets, dropping the mana or increasing the damage would both be too strong

Priest needs some kind of board clear before turn 5. A 3 mana Nova is the most likely change, but also pointless because you really need a way to do 3 damage to the board, not pay 1 less mana to do 2 damage.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Radioactive Toy posted:

Is there a good resource for budget decks? I haven't played since uhhhhh April 2018 but I've been thinking about checking this out again.

You get 150 packs I think. Right now we are waiting for the balance patch announcement on Thursday, so it'll be a bit after that before recommendations can be made with any experience. Keep in mind that any deck on Hsreplay has the dust cost below the listing.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I could see them giving all generated creatures the risen keyword so coroses only come from creatures summoned from hand.

Maybe, but not the hero power minion.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Mayveena posted:

You get 150 packs I think. Right now we are waiting for the balance patch announcement on Thursday, so it'll be a bit after that before recommendations can be made with any experience. Keep in mind that any deck on Hsreplay has the dust cost below the listing.

Plus all the current standard 'core' cards. It's much more accessible to newbies / rejoiners than it used to be.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Radioactive Toy posted:

The paladin loaner deck is almost identical to what is actually a really strong deck that you’ll be able to climb the ladder fast with. Note that after your week of trying out loaner decks you actually get to keep one of them (which means you get all the cards in it).

Also everyone gets the whole core set each season now. The game is way more generous with giving you gold and free packs now too.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

i have decided to become part of the problem (but not the main problem, i guess) and run totem shaman. feels good

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr Beens posted:

Maybe, but not the hero power minion.

Either that or capping corpses to twice your mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Is that just for brand new players? I started up a month and a half ago and didn't get that. Did get some easy quests for a few thousand gold though.