Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what if the free speech absolutists are actually just interested in promoting speech they like

this is shaking me to my core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rynn posted:

They did a blind test of different cables along with monster cables with “audiophiles” and the participants rated the loving metal coat hanger as the highest quality so LOL if you buy monster cables

double lol if you identify as an audiophile

not even chuds are as big a group of grifting targets

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/cazm023/status/1651248300371091456?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

double lol if you identify as an audiophile

not even chuds are as big a group of grifting targets

where else am I going to sell wood knobs for $500 a piece?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
wow i hope a brave twitter writer is getting all this for the next Files

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

they show up for me so it's probably just twitter being garbage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

where else am I going to sell wood knobs for $500 a piece?

putting gravel from the parking lot into crack ziplocks to sell to audiophiles to tape onto their cables for a "warmer, harmonically tuned sound"

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

even elon is sick of the twitter files and said we should move on though i think taibbi is still flogging it

*hurriedly* i mean fairly since as the glennthread regulars have informed us it's basically watergate and the pentagon papers combined

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

even elon is sick of the twitter files and said we should move on though i think taibbi is still flogging it

of course he is, he sold whatever credibility he had (such as it was) to hitch his wagon to Musk, he has nothing else at this point

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

*hurriedly* i mean fairly since as the glennthread regulars have informed us it's basically watergate and the pentagon papers combined

That’s not really true at all, but go off king

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

putting gravel from the parking lot into crack ziplocks to sell to audiophiles to tape onto their cables for a "warmer, harmonically tuned sound"

https://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

yep, that's the site I was thinking of, couldn't remember the url

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

spacemang_spliff posted:

they show up for me so it's probably just twitter being garbage

I got it to load once, but it errored another five.

https://twitter.com/jaubreyYT/status/1651096379807211520

Anecdotally, other images are loading just fine. Maybe a purge is propagating?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
everyone should make sure to post the blank squares and never take a screenshot or describe what is in them

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It was linked above. edit: ugh click the bottom right picture in the second tweet for the original images.

https://twitter.com/CAZM023/status/1651248300371091456/photo/3

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao I thought op was just making a joke, something too stupid to be real

but nope

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao I thought op was just making a joke, something too stupid to be real

but nope

there is nothing too snake oil when it comes to audiophiles

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the milk machine posted:

everyone should make sure to post the blank squares and never take a screenshot or describe what is in them

Looking into it

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

audiophiles are like wine and liquor people where every now and then someone comes out and says "all these adjectives are just made up, y'all voted for the $17 Aldi Whisky as best in the world or even wine experts can't rank things consistently" and everyone goes "haha drat that's crazy" and goes back to spending thousands on bottles of booze because "oh that's airy with whiffs of farts and an aroma of toots with an aftertaste of poot sniffing" makes all the big brains nod sagely but audiophiles are even funnier because you can say "yes, this magic rock makes your records sound...depthier, yeah, you can really hear the depth and it's only $10,000" and they'll fall all over themselves to go "gosh I can really hear the depth, you just haven't heard the depth until you've heard it with magic rock"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

i am harry posted:

usedta be you could go to RadioShack on the way home from school and there was a whole drawer full of buttons…clicky ones, ones that flip, ones that press in and stay until you press them again….
those were the halcyon days I tell you
not like now
where there isn’t a draw of buttons anywhere and all the connectors only come in packs of 10 or more in plastic boxes on hangars.

thinking of a world where I could have a custom posting rig that operates by flipping a bunch of switches at random like I'm powering up an 80s anime mech.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

lmao holy poo poo I’ve never seen this one before

of course some original movers in the audiophile space are also magical crystal lovers too

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

lil poopendorfer posted:

That’s not really true at all, but go off king

flushed a permabanned poster from cover and got em cut down with no warning, just like noted leftist free speech lover and anti-imperialist tucker carlson

*checks bank account and sees my CIA bounty has already arrived*

just another day posting for the man :smugdog:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

It was linked above. edit: ugh click the bottom right picture in the second tweet for the original images.

https://twitter.com/CAZM023/status/1651248300371091456/photo/3

Glad the cringe is being stopped.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Audiophile is not the preferred term, we call ourselves Sound Attracted People

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wish you guys would learn the lore, that's not even the right cry laugh emoji. Sheesh.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Neon Noodle posted:

Noise aficionado

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1651272679511539721

https://twitter.com/HolesInOzone_/status/1651275038073536520

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That is good though.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
this is just like when twitter wouldn’t show hunters hog and crimes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Calls for violence are not protected speech.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

only if they fail Brandenburg, which is not as simple as "calls for violence"

You can go outside and yell "we should all kill the Nazis" and that's perfectly fine. No likelihood of specific imminent lawless action that you could have reasonably foreseen.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/CommitteeElect/status/1651273667001696257?s=20

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Noise aficionado

let me help you out

Sound
Attracted
People

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

what about reporting on calls for violence

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

the milk machine posted:

what if the free speech absolutists are actually just interested in promoting speech they like

this is shaking me to my core

wow

:thunk:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

the milk machine posted:

what about reporting on calls for violence

depends on who is calling for the violence

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

reminds me of the time my car battery was dead so I strapped the battery onto the rack on my bike and rode a couple of miles to the nearest Batteries+

Let me tell you, taking turns on a bike with an extra 90lbs way over your center of gravity requires no small amount of concentration.

I was helping a friend out with their '07 mazda and they needed a new battery. I went to oreilly and autozone and they wanted like 240 loving dollars for an ordinary car battery ityool 2023. not even lithium or w/e

fortunately i have BUSTOS BATTERY CO down the street, it's a warehouse with a small plywood checkout counter in the corner, and they sold me a reman battery with a 6 month warranty for $39 . (i use them for all my batteries and they have never once failed or done any worse than the oreilly ripoffs)

Find the local battery joint, perhaps learn three words of Spanish to make things easier, and your car maintenance bills drop by 75%

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

I was helping a friend out with their '07 mazda and they needed a new battery. I went to oreilly and autozone and they wanted like 240 loving dollars for an ordinary car battery ityool 2023. not even lithium or w/e

fortunately i have BUSTOS BATTERY CO down the street, it's a warehouse with a small plywood checkout counter in the corner, and they sold me a reman battery with a 6 month warranty for $39 . (i use them for all my batteries and they have never once failed or done any worse than the oreilly ripoffs)

Find the local battery joint, perhaps learn three words of Spanish to make things easier, and your car maintenance bills drop by 75%

yeah, I forget the term, but ask for the batteries that have been sitting on the shelf for long enough that they discount the hell out of them. You can get an AG battery for peanuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Neon Noodle posted:

There's nothing sound about audionerds.