Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
There's basically no pathway to get EVs into the hands of most people within the next decade without a program that would need to make cash for clunkers look quaint by comparison. It's trivially easy to keep even lovely cars running well beyond 200k miles at this point, and the absurd cost of new cars (and used cars lmao) is already starting to make expensive jobs like transmission or engine rebuilds a lot more attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ev's for everyone * note this only applies if your rich

thanks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deeply psychotic country

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Bar run isn't talking about what is available to real people

it’s going to be a wild loving ride.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

LMAO the logical end point of making trains 3 times as long so you can staff half the people

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Mola Yam posted:

it's fucken dire here. national rental vacancies are at like 1%. perth and adelaide are 0.5%! what the gently caress! maybe build some dwellings!

Surely capitalism will respond to this clear and full throated demand for housing. Any day now it will efficiently allocate resources to do this.

Frosted Flake posted:

Because they are totally divorced from, and don't even really understand, social relations, they're way more vulnerable to it. There's no pretence of nobility or serving society, and so why wouldn't you put their head on a pike if push came to shove? They're not even part of society, they deny it exists, and so when social breakdown comes, their number comes up.

Nah, Americans have a lot of fun just shooting each other for annoyances. They don't care that the ruling class has no legitimacy or social contract and will never turn on them lol.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it’s going to be a wild loving ride.

There's a reason they're locking-down the judicial branch and rolling out digital currency

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
There is only one sub $20k vehicle for sale in America that isn’t a complete piece of poo poo, the Kia Rio, and this model year is probably its last

I mean the loving Honda Civic is nice and all but that poo poo has gotten expensive for what it is

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Paradoxish posted:

There's basically no pathway to get EVs into the hands of most people within the next decade without a program that would need to make cash for clunkers look quaint by comparison. It's trivially easy to keep even lovely cars running well beyond 200k miles at this point, and the absurd cost of new cars (and used cars lmao) is already starting to make expensive jobs like transmission or engine rebuilds a lot more attractive.

Maybe Biden will offer up Student Loan forgiveness as a rebate to be used on a EV

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Paradoxish posted:

The price of rebuilds will go up to what a car used to/doing this will be outlawed :nsa:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
non withstanding that loving dotard ruined the tax credit for EV’s

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I loving hate Joe Biden

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Koirhor posted:

I loving hate Joe Biden

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol, I applied for a credit line increase on my Discover card because why the gently caress not? It only has a $12,000 limit and more potential debt == higher credit score right? I currently have an 820 credit score and no CC debt, so I should get a limit increase without issue!

They denied me because my debt-to-income ratio is too low?! :psyduck: Credit is such a loving scam in this country lmfao.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Apr 26, 2023

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

I don't understand why everyone keeps posting this goblin picture

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Nah, Americans have a lot of fun just shooting each other for annoyances. They don't care that the ruling class has no legitimacy or social contract and will never turn on them lol.

the legitimacy of the imperial core ruling classes has been based on bringing home the bacon from the periphery. the social contract has been the working classes at home maintaining and operating the machinery and servicing the ruling class, in return for enough of them getting a sufficient cut of bacon to keep any revolutionary sentiment from going critical.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Glenn will be punished.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/potatoes

Potatoes increased 6.60 EUR/100KG or 22.92% since the beginning of 2023, according to trading on a contract for difference (CFD) that tracks the benchmark market for this commodity.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DrPossum posted:

I don't understand why everyone keeps posting this goblin picture

goblin did someone say goblin

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Glenn will be punished.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

goblin did someone say goblin

I am never quite sure how much awareness there is of who the Chicago mayor is outside of a maybe 200 mile distance from the city. I mean I might be able to guess at the NYC mayor, but that is about it for other cities.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

skooma512 posted:

They will when the propaganda infrastructure stops working and not a moment sooner than that day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

They will when the propaganda infrastructure stops working and not a moment sooner than that day

We've got an entire major broadcast network whose entire scripted line-up is hours of cop / authority dick-sucking every night

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Orvin posted:

I am never quite sure how much awareness there is of who the Chicago mayor is outside of a maybe 200 mile distance from the city. I mean I might be able to guess at the NYC mayor, but that is about it for other cities.

oh dont worry now that black stalin is mayor be prepared for every problem in america to be blamed on him in every media outlet in the country

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

quote:

Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. said that his experience with the rails has been similar, and that company officials have reminded him the rails “were here first,” running through Hammond before it was even a city. “To them, I am nobody,” he said. “They don’t pay attention to me. They don’t respect me. They don’t care about the city of Hammond. They just do what they want.”

I uh, have some ideas for you, mr mayor

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
also lmao kojima-rear end name

quote:

In written responses to questions, a spokesperson for Norfolk Southern said children climbing through their trains concerns the company. “It is never safe for members of the public to try to cross the cars,” spokesperson Connor Spielmaker said.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

She forgot the $1000 table made of veneers and mdf at room and board

Seriously, furniture materials and pricing is so loving stupid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/where-wa-schoolchildren-walk-next-to-busy-traffic/

quote:

The district proposed building a shortcut using the perimeter of the 37-acre dog park, and to include fencing and a segment through the parking lot. But the city of SeaTac opposed that path, after hearing from Dogs of Grandview Supporters, a nonprofit that maintains the dog park.

“It would not be suitable under ANY conditions to build a school walk trail in the park” for the safety of students as well for dogs, Elynn Miller Clayton, president of DOGS, said by email. “They taunt the dogs, throw rocks at dogs and park users, prop the gates open so dogs can escape.” Students have dropped candy toxic to dogs, or stuck their fingers through fences, she said. Vinson, whose home is near the park entrance, said children have pestered dogs.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Those children were no angels

unlike the perfect and innocent trains :angel:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Orvin posted:

Who wins this Supreme Court case? The Republican or the giant corporation with tons of money?

no need to repeat yourself

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I uh, have some ideas for you, mr mayor

:kstare:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
better to be a dog, than a child it seems, lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hahaha I’ve been told that “well we were here first” by train companies

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

good. the ideal home is a tiny woodland rural village where everyone lives on 30 acre plots and yeoman farms. anything denser is inhumane and unnatural

Hard to own property when you have to follow the herds you hunt like God intended...

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i dunno, if the problem has existed for decades then maybe it can exist for a few decades more and my taxes stay low?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The city i live in had to pass laws making it illegal for trains to sit at crossings within the city for more than an hour after 3 trains sat at 3 different crossings for half a day causing half the city to be cut off from the other half.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

children? nO! they'll ruin the character of the dog park

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fits my needs posted:

better to be a dog, than a child it seems, lmao

i used to live around there and it's a miserable shithole. have to cross a dozen highways to get anywhere and a 747 flies over every 30 seconds

between the two highways jerking off are vets is a massive parking lot full of RVs for sale :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First Republic trading got halted again on some breaking news.

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1651294805933031429