Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

jesus christ, undying tombstone can activate and travel through the portals

e; so can death ward, shaman wards, veno wards,

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grave Centipede
Apr 19, 2007
"But how can I put my lion's head in the lion's mouth? That act is ruined!"
Punga's shard allows him to gain health off his nether ward with no enemies near? Has that always been a thing? Doesn't even kill the ward

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Muerta needs to be dialed down a bit, her ultimate makes her damage like 3 times higher than any other carry.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

e; so can death ward, shaman wards, veno wards,

How are people doing it with Death Ward? I loaded up a Bot game; interacting with the Gate interrupted my channel of Death Ward :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Muerta needs to be dialed down a bit, her ultimate makes her damage like 3 times higher than any other carry.

She probably does, but I think people mostly just haven't learned to respect her / play around her yet.

Need some serious magic mitigation for her ultimate and or bait out the out/disengage.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

She probably does, but I think people mostly just haven't learned to respect her / play around her yet.

Need some serious magic mitigation for her ultimate and or bait out the out/disengage.

By late game, carries typically have 50% physical damage reduction. By popping BKB, you're still getting hit hard by her at best while your supports are blowing up in 2 hits at the same time thanks to her passive.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sab669 posted:

How are people doing it with Death Ward? I loaded up a Bot game; interacting with the Gate interrupted my channel of Death Ward :shrug:

you have to select the ward then click the gate with it

e; all i want is a pro game where undying sends his tombstone through, eats a teammate with it to save him then brings them back through the gate

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 25, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gonna need 2 Glimmer Capes on the team and a Pipe, me thinks.

NtotheTC posted:

you have to select the ward then click the gate with it

Oh

e; actually yea no, even that's nowhere near enough. Especially since she can just BKB out of Mageslayer. Definitely gonna get a bit of a bonk with the nerf bat :v:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 25, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
If you didn't know about selecting the ward before, you can also select it and then right click on enemies to make it switch targets mid channel. I use a control group for it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I did know that, but it didn't occur to me to use the ward to interact with it. I just kind of assumed using the gate applied a Chen Holy Persuasion style effect on the player, bringing your controlled units to you once the channel finishes.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
almost exactly 2 years ago i was having my 10 mmr game reviewed by jenkins and now i'm sitting at crusader duking it out, 160 times my mmr then lol

good patch lol

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Pick Oracle, 100% magic immunity on a low cool down for as long as her ULT lasts

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Axe could spin from tower hits before, yeah? Getting hit by towers doesn't increment his spin counter which is a bummer.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i gained like 500 mmr and now im playing like the worst I ever have performance wise lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my mmr doubled after this patch and the recalibration. just a few more like this and I'll be able to win ti.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I haven't played this game since 2015 but the various algorithms kept informing me about the new patch and how it's functionally DotA 3 and I felt the dormant worms in my brain start to awaken.

I don't even know where to begin.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kanos posted:

I haven't played this game since 2015 but the various algorithms kept informing me about the new patch and how it's functionally DotA 3 and I felt the dormant worms in my brain start to awaken.

I don't even know where to begin.

There should be a big green "PLAY DOTA" button on the lower right when you're in game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

After ranking up my cores got dumber I'm sad to report

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.33b twin gates a little slower, illusions don't get an inherent advantage vs tormentors, and a buncha little changes

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Somehow lost a game where we were like 30-2 because my team said "our luna is bad we have to win now" and went 3 man into their jungle and fed the enemy back into the game.
Meanwhile I'm arguing in team chat that I"m a massively farmed visage we should group up with luna and take objectives and they called me stupid because she was "bad."

It was like they were tilted by winning

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Love this game. :allears: I'm assuming it's gonna put me in Ancient instead of Legend since everyone with visible ranks in my games has had Ancient, but there's no discernible difference in my matches between then and now.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

rosh should jump on a motorcycle and ride out between homes....

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Geight posted:

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.33b twin gates a little slower, illusions don't get an inherent advantage vs tormentors, and a buncha little changes

b-b-but i havent finished watching Purge's 11 and a half hour video going over 7.33a yet!!

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I don't understand why riki needs that xp buff. You end up with like hundreds more xpm than your team, and with gates and lotus pools and watchers to keep you roaming, he's too strong. I say this as someone who loving playing riki.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Feels like they overcompensated him for losing Sleeping Dart.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/4OlRUwf.mp4

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Somehow lost a game where we were like 30-2 because my team said "our luna is bad we have to win now" and went 3 man into their jungle and fed the enemy back into the game.
Meanwhile I'm arguing in team chat that I"m a massively farmed visage we should group up with luna and take objectives and they called me stupid because she was "bad."

Luna, famously a hero which requires great skill.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

now that I played a bunch (and stopped losing so much) I'm really enjoying the new map and jungles. the areas are more dangerous further away from your base and sidelanes are just not safe period

and theres some great subtle touches like the portal ramps making it more difficult to fight around them or the extra pull paths letting you mess up the timing a little but still get it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao this rules

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I wouldn't even be mad when I realized what happened to me, if I were that Timber

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im losing so much lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm winning games in crusader comfortably and winning but having to really try with archon friends

feels weird to not be a herald anymore

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i only just noticed the other tormentor is mined as well so they get 2 shards, that's nuts

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

if you liked that you'll love this

https://packaged-media.redd.it/ydiq...b22cbb05065#t=0

btw with the fountain destroyed there in no regen (ofc), no neutral items, and no courier invulnerability aura

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
That is incredible. Dota is truly the greatest game of all time.

Edit: Doesn't this mean you can do this to enemy heroes too? Just grab with Primal, drop them off in your fountain and cancel his ulti so they don't get moved back.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

i only just noticed the other tormentor is mined as well so they get 2 shards, that's nuts

I'm not sure how much of a time commitment it is to get 7 bombs placed around both, but yea that seems really useful.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvw6QjvAgM

More Tormentor greatness :allears:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

if you liked that you'll love this

https://packaged-media.redd.it/ydiq...b22cbb05065#t=0

btw with the fountain destroyed there in no regen (ofc), no neutral items, and no courier invulnerability aura

lmao can't believe you can destroy the fountain again. cm + ursa level 1 killing the enemy fountain was kickass.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

OGS-Remix posted:

That is incredible. Dota is truly the greatest game of all time.

Edit: Doesn't this mean you can do this to enemy heroes too? Just grab with Primal, drop them off in your fountain and cancel his ulti so they don't get moved back.

Google "TI3 Fountain Hook". This used to be a fan favourite back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It, however, was not a Loda favorite