Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Parts of it. The big flashy Inquisitors who go around killing xenos with retinues made up of assassin cults, learned psykers, and cyber monkeys he'd probably love.

Also those bits hunting out witches as his entire legion had a thing for murdering witches and sorcerers.

Russ was quite happy sending death squads out to monitor his brothers when the Hersey kicked off.

Reverse that, Russ would be pissed at the Inquisition. Not because of the methods or aims, but because they are not under his control. Hypocrisy is Russ's big thing with the Rune Priests not being sorcerers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Russ coming back and taking charge of the Inquisition would be a great storyline

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

D-Pad posted:

Russ coming back and taking charge of the Inquisition would be a great storyline

'Orders have come down from the very top. We carry on exactly as normal. We're just called the Wolfquisition now. BTW, and here's your wolf cape. Don't forget to put it on wolferrogator.'

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Excuse you, it's the Vlka Inkvisisjon, the Vlkakappe and Vlka-avhörer.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Listening to Titanicus - love that Abnett worked in a guy who spends the apocalypse shut up indoors painting his little models.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I skipped through most of Mortis lol

And yeah read First Heretic if you haven't, it's basically the setup for the whole setting. And read it before Betrayer.

Mortis is easily the most skippable of the Siege of Terra books. Painfully disappointing.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

peanut- posted:

Listening to Titanicus - love that Abnett worked in a guy who spends the apocalypse shut up indoors painting his little models.
That was loving prescient of him.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I just finished a re-read of Master of Mankind, and I think it could be argued that the fall of the Emperor and potentially the real start of the rise of the Dark King started with The Unspoken Sanction - the sacrifice of a thousand souls per day to fuel the Golden Throne. The book opens with a flashback to the Emperor executing an Age of Strife warlord who was using chaos magic fuelled by human sacrifice. In his monologue, the Emperor makes it clear that the warlord started with the best of intentions, acting to save his people, but ended up monstrous and corrupted. And of course the book ends with one of the Sisters of Silence remarking that the Unspoken Sanction is just that - human sacrifice. Not to mention the creation of a Custodian Daemonhost, as the Emperor binds Drach'nyen into the body of Ra Endymion .

grobbo
May 29, 2014

peanut- posted:

I've been reading Jean Genet's Our Lady of Flowers, and it's reassuring to discover that this 1943 semi-autobiographical queer masterpiece written from a Parisian jail somehow also contains multiple sections that are all about the highs and lows of Warhammer:

quote:

When I entered my cell, (my cellmate) was putting paint on his little lead soldiers, the biggest of which was littler than his little fingers. He would seize them by the thigh and slap a coat of light blue paint across the entire body. Then he would put them on the floor to dry where they lay in disarray, a tiny, irritating confusion.

quote:

I grabbed hold of a soldier. They were all over the floor, everywhere, a thousand, a ten thousand, a hundred thousand! There was blue everywhere in the cell, blue mud in a pot, blue stains on the walls, on my nails!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Mazed posted:

Meanwhile, in the 41st millennium, I finished reading "The Carrion Throne", and boy fuckin' howdy.

i love gorgias

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/join-yndrasta-on-a-legendary-hunt-in-her-first-first-full-length-black-library-outing/

This week's book announcement is Yndrasta: The Celestial Spear by Noah Van Nguyen.

quote:

Yndrsata has her work cut out for her – she’s been sent to defend the sled-city of Riika-Min, a nomadic metropolis that skids across the icy tundras of Ghur, from the gargantuan kraken that threatens to smash it asunder.

To get the lay of the land, the gold-clad huntress befriends Njda, a local who soon discovers that Yndrasta’s ferocity may even outstrip the leviathan menacing her home.

Nice to see she's finally getting a book, albeit very very late.

Will also be available in a 1250 copy Special Edition.

quote:

But don’t worry – other editions will be released in due course.
I wonder if they've been inundated with comments about other editions for every CE release or not to specify that. :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How long does it take to get an audiobook out of these things?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I might be willing to go after collector version for this one

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/join-yndrasta-on-a-legendary-hunt-in-her-first-first-full-length-black-library-outing/

This week's book announcement is Yndrasta: The Celestial Spear by Noah Van Nguyen.

Nice to see she's finally getting a book, albeit very very late.

Will also be available in a 1250 copy Special Edition.

I wonder if they've been inundated with comments about other editions for every CE release or not to specify that. :v:

Same author as Godeater's Son. I liked his depiction of stormcast in that so I might pick this up.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I never expected to read the phrase 'sublimely sexy' in a Warhammer book. Can anyone guess/remember what book it was used in?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Something about Nurgle, I have no doubt

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Chas McGill posted:

I never expected to read the phrase 'sublimely sexy' in a Warhammer book. Can anyone guess/remember what book it was used in?

My guess would be in the Ravenor trilogy, and about Patience Kys.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If I was an editor at BL I would make it my personal mission to never let Dan Abnett describe women. Stick to the schlock dude I don't need to hear about Kara's massive tits any more

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Chas McGill posted:

The part where the Emperor is explaining Valdor's purpose to him in Valdor: Birth of the Imperium.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Loken removing his armor

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Pretty sure that's when Jurgen is first introduced in For the Emperor

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Pretty sure that's when Jurgen is first introduced in For the Emperor

Ya know actually that could have been used when Cain first sees Amberly at that party singing and goes all floppy

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

any given space marine from the perspective of any other space marine

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Trazyn and Orikan on their date night at the human play.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
One ripper to another ripper

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Warden posted:

My guess would be in the Ravenor trilogy, and about Patience Kys.

Close. It's Eisenhorny in Malleus.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

DaysBefore posted:

If I was an editor at BL I would make it my personal mission to never let Dan Abnett describe women. Stick to the schlock dude I don't need to hear about Kara's massive tits any more

He’s gotten a lot better recently, like past ten years or so. Anything before that is questionable and the older the worse, but recent books have been good about having fully realized women characters with traits other than “hot.”

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Chas McGill posted:

Fulgrim in The Reflection Crack'd.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

Dead Sky, Black Sun

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005

Chas McGill posted:

This is Eisenhorn describing Bequin from Malleus.

edit: beaten but loving the wrong answers.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Black Griffon posted:

i love gorgias

I cannot believe it took this long for there to be an adorable servo skull mascot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Chas McGill posted:

Lotara Sarrin, The End and the Death

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
It was malcador explaining why two of the primarchs failed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I am going to be selling a bunch of my blacklibrary and 40k books on ebay soon as I don't have room for them and prefer ebooks anyways. Would there be any goon interest in them? I have some various art books and first editions of things like the initial 20+ horus heresy books, forgeworld's horus heresy volumes 1-3, the entire run of dark heresy, rogue trader, and only war RPG rule books, etc I'd be willing to give some discount off the average ebay lot price for these but would still be looking for a competitive price.

if theres interest ill throw up a post in the SA store with a full listing

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'd be interested to see what you have.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, I think an SA-Mart thread would definitely draw interest.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Jerkface posted:

I am going to be selling a bunch of my blacklibrary and 40k books on ebay soon as I don't have room for them and prefer ebooks anyways. Would there be any goon interest in them? I have some various art books and first editions of things like the initial 20+ horus heresy books, forgeworld's horus heresy volumes 1-3, the entire run of dark heresy, rogue trader, and only war RPG rule books, etc I'd be willing to give some discount off the average ebay lot price for these but would still be looking for a competitive price.

if theres interest ill throw up a post in the SA store with a full listing

Do you have any LEs?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Do you have any LEs?

Not of any novels as I stopped buying physical books before BL went heavy into that stuff. These are the things that I have that are either OOP or I have the first edition of:

Warhammer Art The Inquisition: An Illustrated Guide to the Secretive Protectors of the Imperium
Warhammer Lore The Sabbat Worlds Crusade
Warhammer Art The Art of Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer Art The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions
Warhammer Art Insigium Astartes: The Uniforms & Regallia of the Space Marines
Warhammer Rulebook Imperial Armor Volume 5 The Siege of Vraks Part One
Warhammer Rulebook The Horus Heresy Volume 3 Extermination
Warhammer Rulebook The Horus Heresy Volume 2 Massacre
Warhammer Rulebook The Horus Heresy Volume 1 Betrayal
Warhammer Rulebook Imperial Armor Volume 9 - The Badab war Part one
Warhammer Rulebook Imperial Armor Volume 10 - The Badab War part two
Warhammer Lore Xenology
Warhammer Lore Imperial Munitorum Manual

I'll throw a post up in SA-mart and link it in this post so I stop cluttering this thread with selling stuff. Thanks for the interest all!

SA-Mart Post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030768

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 27, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, the Inquisition art book caught my eye so I punched it into google and it brought me to Amazon that told me I bought it back in 2007.

Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I have an old Inquisition encyclopedia that I got ages ago.
In hindsight it wasn't all that great of a buy since it's all just Lexicanum but in book form, but with a lot of shorter entries.