Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
What don't you like about the weird school plot?

ed. that's a response to the last post on the previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

macabresca posted:

Mostly the students and the sluggish pace.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
stared episode 2 of Iseleve isekai show.
MC now super hot transfer to a elite school for free. Everything seems to fall into his lap, but the character designs are pretty clean to me. Kind of weird how its like okay, the MC is now an ikemen. But like everyone in the show looks handsome and beautiful so its like err why is he getting so much attention now

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

GateOfD posted:

MC now super hot transfer to a elite school for free. Everything seems to fall into his lap, but the character designs are pretty clean to me. Kind of weird how its like okay, the MC is now an ikemen. But like everyone in the show looks handsome and beautiful so its like err why is he getting so much attention now

They can sense that he replaced the only ugly person in Japan.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

SlowBloke posted:

Mostly the students and the sluggish pace.

I like Maru and Kiruko more too but I wouldn't call the pace sluggish. I was actually surprised that the series didn't linger on "oooh, is there an outside world somewhere there behind this mysterious wall" but instead Tokio learned that right in the first episode.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

macabresca posted:

Yeah seems fine to me

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Skip & Loafer released just in time for anime lunchtime

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My only (minor) qualm about Insomniacs is that the main heroine as the same face as the author's (Ojiro Makoto) previous works.

Here's Insomniacs After School

Their previous work Neko no Otera no Chion-san

And I think it's this one or the one before where they started giving her heroines the rounder faces and thicker eyebrows

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i like the 3 female friends in Dangers in My Heart more than the main girl and guy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GateOfD posted:

Also he's grown several inches taller and now has washboard abs and is a super athlete but he broke his mirror at home so he still thinks people are staring at him because he's an ugmo, which was fun for a few minutes but it got annoying when it stretched on for several episodes. In the most recent episode he leapt out of a 4th story window and took on a biker gang (the leader's special fight move was MOTORBIKE ATTAKK) in front of the entire school so hopefully they'll move past the awkward "Uwu, do you really want to be friends with someone like me?" gag

Also they seem to be setting up an evil modelling agency manager as an ongoing antagonist which is pretty funny. :v:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

GateOfD posted:

i like the 3 female friends in Dangers in My Heart more than the main girl and guy

same for me when i read it, especially the short one... i think her name was kobayashi

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

they have done shiromaru justice in insomniacs so A+ great show

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Oshi no Ko anime day

Kana is great

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Kaminaki Sekai continues to provide some really amazing animation (I'm not actually watching the show).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RUHIKNmiGA

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Kamikatsu is one of the most insane parodies I've seen in a long time and I am here for it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

GateOfD posted:

Oshi no Ko anime day

Kana is great

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Kaminaki Sekai continues to provide some really amazing animation (I'm not actually watching the show).
Who decided to hire the team from EX-ARM again?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the industry that produced ex-arm

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Doodles posted:

Who decided to hire the team from EX-ARM again?

Its such a shame, cause I checked the manga out of curiosity.

And the art in the manga...is actually pretty good. Alot more detail than other tech-battle mangas out there. And then the anime vomits all over that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sorry to be clear, I think this anime is genuinely good at the art is ridiculous on purpose specifically for these reactions.

Like the fight in this episode isn't the greatest piece of animation I've watched but it is way beyond what a lot of more generic shows do.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the industry that produced ex-arm

To be fair ex-arm wasn't a disaster cause the industry overworked and running too many shows but it was a disaster cause they hired a team that didn't get animation and treated it like live action.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Natural 20 posted:

Sorry to be clear, I think this anime is genuinely good at the art is ridiculous on purpose specifically for these reactions.

Like the fight in this episode isn't the greatest piece of animation I've watched but it is way beyond what a lot of more generic shows do.

This clip doing a lot to convince to at least check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbtdTFD2npk

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

To be fair ex-arm wasn't a disaster cause the industry overworked and running too many shows but it was a disaster cause they hired a team that didn't get animation and treated it like live action.

Well, that was at least part of it. EX-ARM was a tale of absolutely fractal incompetence.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the problem with the Megumin Konosuba spinoff is that if your a konosuba fan, you probably already seen the Konosuba movie with her village.
So you already know the whole deal about whatever mystery or deal with the sealed demon is in this season.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

GateOfD posted:

the problem with the Megumin Konosuba spinoff is that if your a konosuba fan, you probably already seen the Konosuba movie with her village.
So you already know the whole deal about whatever mystery or deal with the sealed demon is in this season.

Not me. I forgot.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, i need 12 episodes to elaborate

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Not me. I forgot.

As did I. Also, for a show about a character that only casts Explosion and has the word "explosion" in the title, there's an extreme lack of explosions and explosion adjacent comedy .

I came for idiots and things being blown up for no reason, and the best we've gotten has been the village protection squad in a single episode.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Birdie Wing
Turns out Eve is the granddaughter of the head of a Mafia, and plans on using her family connections to go pro and challenge Aoi also the return of the best character, Vipere! I love this show

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Birdie Wing I love Eve coming out of the bushes and just immediately talking poo poo

Golf related question: Is 270 yards the baseline for golfers or something? It seems like it comes up a lot.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that sounds like the typical drive distance off a tee for pro golfers

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tales of Woe posted:

that sounds like the typical drive distance off a tee for pro golfers

Assuming that the LPGA stats include the rollout and not just carry, only 27 LPGA tour pros have an average drive over 270 yards this year with the longest being 285.85 yards. If the stats are carry only it's hard to tell because Birdie Wing seems to include the rollout which is heavily affected by the course terrain.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Electric Phantasm posted:

Golf related question: Is 270 yards the baseline for golfers or something? It seems like it comes up a lot.

270 was world-class 40 years ago for male golfers which makes sense given the context of Eve's grandfather using it as a benchmark for "back in my day"

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
catching up a bit on the hidive shows i'm watching. i hope the arcade manager becomes the main character of insomniacs because she rules

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

catching up a bit on the hidive shows i'm watching. i hope the arcade manager becomes the main character of insomniacs because she rules

yeah i want a show that's just the arcade and going camping to take pictures of the sky

magical destroyers ep 4 had a dropoff in animation quality and more goofy tasteless jokes rather than weird surreal poo poo so i dropped it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah i want a show that's just the arcade and going camping to take pictures of the sky

yes please.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

magical destroyers ep 4 had a dropoff in animation quality and more goofy tasteless jokes rather than weird surreal poo poo so i dropped it

Eh, I'm still watching this garbage. All the surreal poo poo costs money to animate so there was always gonna be at least a few episodes where they skipped out on the animation budget. This was probably also the obligatory swimsuit episode.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the budget behind anime is less money and more time and staff. mainly time. hard to spend time on detailed animation when production is running behind

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

drat that sucks, was gonna try and catch up w/ it tomorrow. still probably going to just cuz it's such a whack premise+like the char designs but oof

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Xelkelvos posted:

Eh, I'm still watching this garbage. All the surreal poo poo costs money to animate so there was always gonna be at least a few episodes where they skipped out on the animation budget. This was probably also the obligatory swimsuit episode.

symbolic posted:

drat that sucks, was gonna try and catch up w/ it tomorrow. still probably going to just cuz it's such a whack premise+like the char designs but oof

i got to blue waving her rear end in the air before the race and the joke about the boy in the girl's swimsuit, which i'm pretty sure was ISN'T THIS SO WAAAACKY and not some attempt at insightful gender commentary given the show and his reaction, and bailed after that. felt like i liked what the show was in my head more than what it was actually giving me for more than half its runtime. like, yeah, it's a swimsuit ep, but it also felt like an indicator that i wasn't going to get much of what i wanted from it after ep 3 was also kind of lame.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Sadly, I'm going to give up on "Too Cute Crisis." While it's certainly possible for a one-joke show to spin things out into continuous entertainment (See "Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle"), this show just isn't making it. The weaksauce animation is a big part of it, but the show as a whole just hasn't been putting in the work.

Meanwhile, after two episodes of "Sacrificial Princess and The King of Beasts," I think I'm comfortable in saying I'll be in it for the long haul. While the animation isn't that great (though vastly better than "Too Cute Crisis"), the story is a decent spin on "Beauty & The Beast" and the actors are doing a good job of it.