Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

Holy gently caress Steven Spielberg's a manlet.

he just made a whole movie about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What even are the units for sexual marketplace value?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There are studies that look at online dating messages, and assign users a rating based on how often a new person messages them, and how often their messages get replies. Men will, on average, try to only date women who are their age or younger. A 50-year-old man is more likely to proposition a 20-year-old woman than a 60-year-old woman.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
why are men

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

many aren't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/kosmick78/status/1434941294204239880?t=vevXaP166s_J7zYUY7-HHA&s=19
https://twitter.com/kosmick78/status/1435030696355979264?t=5wbxtVEg2uajWwAg_BIcAw&s=19

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Transvestigating fictional characters

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Honestly it's probably the next step in Mac's ridiculous journey

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
His interpretive dance that he uses to come out to his dad was genuinely moving.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Agreed, and physically impressive

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
mee need MTFTM representation on television

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Also I believe there is a sex scene between Lee and Mary Custis and okay on one hand Turtledove is a gross weirdo who has always put pointless weird sex scenes in every book he's ever written but on the other hand there's nothing wrong with two people in their mid-50's loving and having a mutual fun time

That was justified in the plot, because it was an example of the Union's last-ditch efforts to use ginger as a chemical weapon once it was discovered the herb drives Confederate troops into uncontrollable sexual frenzy

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

VitalSigns posted:

a chemical weapon once it was discovered the herb drives Confederate troops into uncontrollable sexual frenzy
Thus proving that the stereotypes about under-seasoned Southern food are entirely based on fact.

don't hit me all my parents and grandparents are Southern

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

VitalSigns posted:

That was justified in the plot, because it was an example of the Union's last-ditch efforts to use ginger as a chemical weapon once it was discovered the herb drives Confederate troops into uncontrollable sexual frenzy

That was one of the weirder Animorphs books

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/LibertyCappy/status/1651294523987722250?t=chs6rknGDbwOen5l0dxizw&s=19

It cuts off that they were offered Medicaid and rejected it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/VeganSouvlaki/status/1651342659233931264?t=jQj5UCz1F-pircP0J7nFwg&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

naw I discovered Death in June a long time ago

I did learn that Ladytron has a DiJ cover recently tho which made me ?? for a moment. It's ok.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh no is Ladytron nazi

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if Perturbator or Carpenter Brut are political please just tell me now so we can get this over with

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh no is Ladytron nazi

I need to know

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gradenko_2000 posted:

if Perturbator or Carpenter Brut are political please just tell me now so we can get this over with
perturbator is... uh, I remember someone complaining about his political opinions, here we go, from pyf last year:

DontMockMySmock posted:

"i'm not a nazi, i just give money to nazis and wear their advertising on my chest." -perturbator, 2022

I believe him when he says "i'm not a nazi". He probably isn't, in the most literal way, but the out-and-out hardcore Nazis have always been a minority, even in 1930s Germany. The true Nazis are empowered by the majority of complacent, well-meaning liberals who wish to avoid conflict (both in the material world and in their own mind) by refusing to mentally and ethically engage with the evils of nazism. Or worse, they may be the sort of person who thinks, "I'm not a nazi; I don't think all Jews should be gassed; that's monstrous! But, they do have some good points about international bankers and illegal immigration and race-mixing and. . ."

I personally have no place in my life, even among people as inconsequential as the artists of the music I listen to, for those who would collaborate with and be the tools of Nazis. If you have a place in your life for them, I suggest you re-evaluate it, consider it carefully. If you still choose to listen to his music, do so after having fully evaluated what that means - don't just brush away the thought too quickly with some vague gesture towards "death of the artist." And if you find that you can compartmentalize it in your mind and still enjoy his music, good for you, I guess. I can't. But please at least refrain from giving him any money.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
so mr brut has the same idea as the first world media caste.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Carpenter Brut produces albums for Deathspell Omega. DSO's vocalist is a literal Nazi pedophile named Mikko Aspa. Worst of all - he's Finnish.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

perturbator is... uh, I remember someone complaining about his political opinions, here we go, from pyf last year:

my bony fealty posted:

Carpenter Brut produces albums for Deathspell Omega. DSO's vocalist is a literal Nazi pedophile named Mikko Aspa. Worst of all - he's Finnish.

uhhhhhh gently caress okay that's that then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Guess I'll stick to dance with the dead for that style of music then

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Why is everything so loving poo poo, I just want to listen to faux 80s retro

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

notaspy posted:

wow, nostalgic for Reagan much?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

YaketySass posted:

wow, nostalgic for Reagan much?

I live in Britain so that would be Maggy I am jonesing for

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

notaspy posted:

I live in Britain so that would be Maggy I am jonesing for

Deadline puts out a ton of stuff and is British and telling people to vote for Corbyn

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This entire terrible song but particularly because of who is singing it

https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1650715218845073408?t=V0EspVWEf_TtMYTwlCZwfw&s=19

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

the waffen-ss camo uniform sure is a nice touch, lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/HiddenYorkshire/status/1651800576932425734?t=ZX6ZLQkvbxdTSGFA4nRZ6Q&s=19

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jose posted:

This entire terrible song but particularly because of who is singing it

https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1650715218845073408?t=V0EspVWEf_TtMYTwlCZwfw&s=19

I'm not usually one to throw around the term "soy", but....this guy is pretty soy.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

gradenko_2000 posted:

uhhhhhh gently caress okay that's that then

Don't have expectations from artists and you'll never be disappointed.

Serious talk: When it comes to media that you watch/listen for your own sake, especially if it's first world media, you kinda need to ignore the artists themselves. Because holy poo poo, once you start looking them up, the bullshit just never ends.
(That having been said, I am suddenly reminded of the Belgrade Trots who apparently played Tompson at parties 'ironically'. Uh, don't be those guys either.)

Do seek out cool art done by cool people if you can (Boots Riley is a pretty cool guy who made some pretty cool things)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

notaspy posted:

it's OK you can listen to it it won't turn you into a Nazi and even better you can express your disdain by ethically pirating sketch music

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

my dad posted:

Don't have expectations from artists and you'll never be disappointed.

... Because holy poo poo, once you start looking them up, the bullshit just never ends.
I think this is just true of people; like humans in general. I am increasingly disappointed to see how so many well-meaning people will jump on every grenade and are willing to die on every hill for their principles. It's commendable, to be sure, but extremely isolating and further waters down their argument. Pick your battles, you know, there are no messiahs to follow.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

wait, was that not :thejoke:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

wait, was that not :thejoke:?

I had heard rumors but was not sure