Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

drk posted:

Crypto, once again, proves it is beyond parody

https://twitter.com/jbondwagon/status/1651028363220492288

later in the thread they seem to claim to have invented delivery of beverages

This makes it sound like the water is not treated in any manner just melted snow in a can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Popete posted:

This makes it sound like the water is not treated in any manner just melted snow in a can.

this is the way of the bored apes

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/jbondwagon/status/1651028418581131264?s=20

I’m still very confused.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

“This project will be overallocating. That means that if you win, you will NOT be guaranteed a spot. Please see the project description for more information.”

I don’t even. Who is attracted to this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

drk posted:

Big missed opportunity not calling it slurp juice

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DominoKitten posted:

“This project will be overallocating. That means that if you win, you will NOT be guaranteed a spot. Please see the project description for more information.”

People who love airline customer service?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Bypassing a ton of stuff, this proposal is allegedly for people to buy water for $2/can plus shipping?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Wait, is he saying 1 can of water is 24.99 dollars?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

does the ape burger place exist or did it close down

like I assume that SF small biz or small restaurant is even more of a meat grinder than other places.

It’s in Long Beach. I drove past it a few months ago.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

DominoKitten posted:

Is a man not entitled to the slurp of his ape?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

PhazonLink posted:

does the ape burger place exist or did it close down

like I assume that SF small biz or small restaurant is even more of a meat grinder than other places.

first off, it wasn't in san francisco. gross. how dare you paint sf as some weird tech bro..... nvm

it's in huntington beach though

also apparently the guy who designed/created their burger won some contest on good morning america for his restaurant and the bored/hungry restaurant has a banner that says, "best burger in america" now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

Wait, is he saying 1 can of water is 24.99 dollars?

i have no idea what the $24.99 refers to but the math doesn't work out to anywhere close to that

you get 18 cases of water (6 per month for 3 months) for $200, each case has 12 cans, so you get 216 cans of water for $200

but maybe he's saying you can then sell each can for $25 to all of the suckers collectors nearby????? or a case is supposed to be $24.99 but you get them at around half that?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Bypassing a ton of stuff, this proposal is allegedly for people to buy water for $2/can plus shipping?
I think more specifically it's about buying a raffle ticket for a can of water for $2/can plus shipping.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

"for the first time, water delivery to your door"

I have that, it's called a tap

I also definitely have it coming out of the tap right now as opposed to maybe having it come out of the tap, and I definitely get it when I pay my water bill of £30 instead of paying £200 or more

A CRAB IRL fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 26, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Popete posted:

didnt the Juicero techbro do this? Raw Water.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOTTA YOU DON'T KNOW

APE WATER CAN BE SLURPED 1X/DAY

AND IS NOT A SCAM LIKE LAST TIME

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That Twitter thread might be the most convoluted way to buy water of all time.

The future is bright!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
why would you buy water it doesn't have any inherent value:confused:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

PhazonLink posted:

didnt the Juicero techbro do this? Raw Water.

RAW WATER! Unprocessed, all natural runoff water sustainably harvested from the culvert out front of our headquarters, sent directly to you!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Why are the ape weirdos getting into the premium water delivery business. I do not understand.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SettingSun posted:

Why are the ape weirdos getting into the premium water delivery business. I do not understand.

They probably think it is high margin low effort. Sell something you can get for free for $1, that's pure profit.

All you need is a marketing gimmick better than the other guy's marketing gimmick, and they think their ugly apes are good. Maybe they don't realize most people don't care about ugly apes, and those who do don't drink water. LOL.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/ocatcofficial/status/1598755418465243136?s=12

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

This is like the 4th or 5th premium water brand "sourced from Mt. Shasta" that I've seen. They're probably all bottled in the same facility. I'm surprised they're not making claims about alkaline pH; I'm sure that'll get tacked on once they get somebody doing the marketing more professional than this dude grunting, "you want chance to get/sell IP licensing deal"

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

First they short you.
Then they mock you.
Then they MOASS.

Then you win.

THIS IS WHAT SUPERSTONK ACTUALLY BELIEVES

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I really need to subscribe to HEI Network

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
A peek behind the curtain of the weird continued presence of crypto ATMs.

Boyfriend works at a co-op grocery store with a crypto ATM in the lobby. Been there for a couple of years. Cloudbase or Cloudshare or something stupid like that. Anyway, the company pays the store something to the tune of $300 a month just to keep it in the lobby. It wasn't even powered up the first few months, but they paid out anyway.

With his blessing, I maaay have left an anonymous review of the store mentioning how ridiculous it is that a store claiming to care about the local community and the environment is promoting a well-known scam that is notoriously environmentally unsustainable. 2 stars out of 5, which under some circumstances is worse than 1. This was a year ago, and since then, plenty of people have voiced similar concerns. The issue came up in a meeting recently, and the store manager straight up admitted that she has no idea what cryptocurrency is, but the people who convinced her to install sold her on it by claiming it would help folks without a formal bank account access banking.

They're taking the machine out soon.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever seen a crypto ATM being used?

CrypticFox
Dec 19, 2019

"You are one of the most incompetent of tablet writers"

This post was made after the stock was de-listed. As far as I can tell, its 100% serious too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/12zssp4/why_i_never_gave_up_on_rc/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

cancer is life changing right?!?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

CrypticFox posted:

This post was made after the stock was de-listed. As far as I can tell, its 100% serious too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/12zssp4/why_i_never_gave_up_on_rc/

I think all of this meme stock stuff is really just someone applying the same lessons that malignant internet communities (like incels or maga or whatever) have been applying into something more directly related to their own personal capital gains. Like, if you look at the early days of wallstreetbets getting big, the general mood and atmosphere there was almost identical to 4chan or extremist facebook groups or the_donald - a variety of accounts appearing out of the blue to all spout the same extremist nonsense in order to make it look like a popular opinion with support, so that terminally-online youth with no other sense of community join in the hopes of finding a belonging and then buy wholesale into the cult koolaid, allowing whoever springboarded the group in the first place to capitalize on their sway over this newly created and curated collection of loyal extremist nobodies.

WSB/superstonk posters aren't making any gains, but whoever influences them is making bank

e: The difference between this and crypto (imo) is that Crypto is "too big" for one person/group to easily control, and has too many offshoots and spinoff projects. the Superstonk subs are super heavily moderated and have a bunch of cultish rules to snuff out "spies" and "shills" and dissenting opinions, which makes them easier for a centralized person/group to manipulate without outside influence. Crypto is just a bunch of techbros grasping at that same concept without realizing someone else beat them to the punch.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 27, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

ymgve posted:

cancer is life changing right?!?

I think Tim has canonically beat that so yeah

drk
Jan 16, 2005

istewart posted:

This is like the 4th or 5th premium water brand "sourced from Mt. Shasta" that I've seen. They're probably all bottled in the same facility. I'm surprised they're not making claims about alkaline pH; I'm sure that'll get tacked on once they get somebody doing the marketing more professional than this dude grunting, "you want chance to get/sell IP licensing deal"

Nestlé, Crystal Geyser and other mega-cos bottle water up there. It wouldnt surprise me at all if all of these different water brands came out of the same few bottling plants.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Popete posted:

Has anyone ever seen a crypto ATM being used?

Jim Browning had a recent video where he tried but failed to stop an elderly woman from depositing her life savings into one (to a scammer's account).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

drk posted:

more like ape piss

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Is "directly sourced from Mt. Shasta" code for "tap water from Northern California"?

drk
Jan 16, 2005

ponzicar posted:

Is "directly sourced from Mt. Shasta" code for "tap water from Northern California"?

No, tap water actually has to pass quality tests

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

drk posted:

No, tap water actually has to pass quality tests

Judging by

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-growing-drinking-water-crisis-threatens-american-cities-and-towns/

It doesn't

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

So someone has been doing the whole crypto rug/scam/take money thing, and where does it end up?
https://twitter.com/Koulloupasss/status/1651241760104775682
Coinbase.

I'm sure that this is all and well in the crypto world.

Lmao that most of the replies to this are bots posting the same obviously-fake link to “coinbase support” that I’m sure just eats all your coins or whatever if you click it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zero One posted:

Jim Browning had a recent video where he tried but failed to stop an elderly woman from depositing her life savings into one (to a scammer's account).

Yeah, I think the main users of those things are people who got hit with ransomware and need to send money to get their data back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Foo Diddley posted:

who the gently caress liked bed bath and beyond, though? even ppl who could chill in the bead store thought that poo poo was dire

That one guy in America gently caress Yeah?