Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

good news: they mostly did

bad news: its all trucks and suvs now

those are all cars, the only difference is that some extremely rugged and masculine dudes will cry if you call them such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

A fleet of electric hummers through out the city.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Clark Nova posted:

those are all cars, the only difference is that some extremely rugged and masculine dudes will cry if you call them such

The Ford Maverick is straight up an Escape with a truck body on it

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Does your mom think that corn fields and orange groves were like... Native to the region lmao

I’ll take it over the concrete and asphalt

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

A fleet of electric hummers through out the city.

Yeah it’s beautiful in it’s absurdity

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/1651021203338051585

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm driving an F-150 for work this week. I can't imagine driving one of these every day. It doesn't fit in parking spaces. It doesn't fit in my garage. Can't make tight turns. A car pulled up behind me at a light and I could barely see its roof.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A car pulled up behind me at a light and I could barely see its roof.

You don't need to see those. They're beneath you now.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm driving an F-150 for work this week. I can't imagine driving one of these every day. It doesn't fit in parking spaces. It doesn't fit in my garage. Can't make tight turns. A car pulled up behind me at a light and I could barely see its roof.

Just back up and drive over the other car, clearly.

mystes
May 31, 2006

You don't need to see anything when you're driving a F-150. Just floor it and let everyone else get out of your way (hopefully including buildings).

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

silicone thrills posted:

Just back up and drive over the other car, clearly.

I have witnessed a truck do this while the car was honking to warn them.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I had a truck try to reverse into me when i was on a motorcycle one time cause they changed their mind about leaving the parking lot, and they also barely heard my horn until the very last possible second. the driver was a child and was laughing about it

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
why does a doula need a truck?
https://twitter.com/cullenthecomic/status/1651319528297746432/photo/1

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

fermun posted:

why does a doula need a truck?

These placentas ain't gonna haul themselves off.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Suddenly reminded of this comic:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yes, but conservative men are less likely to call you a "gaywad" at the gas station, so it's all worth it

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

Yes, but conservative men are less likely to call you a "gaywad" at the gas station, so it's all worth it

also have to look like a badass, tier one operator when you're picking up hvac air filters for your home at lowe's.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGCcNfZuJM

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I wonder what the driver's story was before they learned they were on camera.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

withak posted:

I wonder what the driver's story was before they learned they were on camera.

cars ftw

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

how do we make cars go away forever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A MIRACLE posted:

how do we make cars go away forever

drones + ??? + refineries = no car

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

kinda want to start letting the air out of pickup truck tires like those activists in Europe

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A MIRACLE posted:

kinda want to start letting the air out of pickup truck tires like those activists in Europe

thiis will get u murdered in america, stand ur ground ftw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

eXXon posted:

Suddenly reminded of this comic:

I'm the signage on the alley door

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/parasocialyte/status/1651448215605002240

Walkable cities have no answer for "THE Target Experience".

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
target hasn't been peaceful in ten years when they started getting a reputation for being the slightly more upscale wal-mart and everyone started flocking there

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it is not perfectly fine to want to live in the suburbs, it is indicative of some sort of pathology

Apr 7, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

They dropped a Target into one of the more walkable parts of Pittsburgh and the intersection in front of it has been the deadliest place to walk in the city for a decade now

Apr 7, 2003

what a great fuckin' idea, wonderful urbanism right here

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

There are multiple Targets in parts of NYC you can drive to, and people do. Is this lady one of those people who refuse to ever leave Manhattan?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

what a great fuckin' idea, wonderful urbanism right here

5 lanes in either direction. So what…. 50-60+ ft between corners!? Insane.

Apr 7, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

They also incorporated some sort of garbage Smart Traffic Light technology there that doesn't give a hot wet gently caress about peds at all.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

McCracAttack posted:

A perfect example of the standard NYU Mindset

In car news, an oversized truck just drove up my block (not a truck route) and slammed into all of the lower tree branches :argh:

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Apr 27, 2023

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Boywhiz88 posted:

81 feet for the long, angled zebra crossing when I measured in Google Maps, 45-60 feet for the others. lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fill the back with water for a water birth duh

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

spacemang_spliff posted:

fill the back with water for a water birth duh

Take a few lives out of the world on the way to bring one into it, huh?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

sat on my keys! posted:

There are multiple Targets in parts of NYC you can drive to, and people do. Is this lady one of those people who refuse to ever leave Manhattan?

Where I live they put a couple of this tiny targets on the sites of old bowling alleys. Spent a ton of money excavating underground parking because the lots had old bowling alley sized parking lots. I imagine they did similar even in Manhattan

Totally unrelated except maybe indicative of car culture, but when I was a kid I thought it was impossible for there to be grocery stores in New York City, because my kid growing up in the western US mindset couldn’t imagine a grocery store without acres of parking lots around it, and also Manhattan was my mental vision of what NYC was like. To the point I called my manhattan dwelling uncle a liar for trying to correct my misconception

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Still trying to figure out what the gently caress THE Target experience is supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

eXXon posted:

Still trying to figure out what the gently caress THE Target experience is supposed to be.

impulse buying an $80 lamp because you have room to bring it home in your crossover