Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

more falafel please posted:

goon sire SAS is one of the only good places to discuss sportsball on the internet

I think OP is thinking of SASS (Something Awful Sycophant Squad), the main offsite prior to Something Sensitive.

I think one of the various offsites, My Posting Career, actually survived to be kind of influential in the broader anime fascist sphere in 2016. Think I saw them mentioned in a SPLC release or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I definitely made an account on SASS before I realized what it was. that was when I finally understood that there's a whole second (and third and fourth and fifth) level of engagement people take part in wrt SA and it's not really something I have time, energy, or interest for.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Spergin Morlock posted:

the Jews are tiiiiiiired

So many layers

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Spergin Morlock posted:

the one who started that was Seth Rogan lol

He didn't even start it, he was just the most famous person who joined in that she could starfuck into trying to make it seem important

and he didn't even say fartlow it was just an antisemitic emoji!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

didn't 4chan start after they banned such filth from something awful?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Private Cumshoe posted:

He didn't even start it, he was just the most famous person who joined in that she could starfuck into trying to make it seem important

and he didn't even say fartlow it was just an antisemitic emoji!

it was like a stinky cloud emoji or something, right?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
https://emojipedia.org/dashing-away/

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Wayfair is selling weird armoires... with children inside!!! That's why their products have human names! No other company has ever used human names before!!!

drat, ikea's got some splainin' to do. besides the fact that they were founded by a literal nazi, that is

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Hand Knit posted:

I think OP is thinking of SASS (Something Awful Sycophant Squad), the main offsite prior to Something Sensitive.

I think one of the various offsites, My Posting Career, actually survived to be kind of influential in the broader anime fascist sphere in 2016. Think I saw them mentioned in a SPLC release or something.

Yep, thats it, I forgot there was another "S".

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Hand Knit posted:

the broader anime fascist sphere

I truly hate that this isn't a nonsense series of words

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

as someone who was only aware of her from her insane racist posting, the eve fartlow accent reveal was amazing

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
getting reprimanded at the Amber Heard trial for her cellphone

carrying Amber Heard's poo poo

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
Remember Verrit?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

His Purple Majesty posted:

Remember Verrit?

Daou doing a total 180 after years of Democrats sycophant actions

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

Daou doing a total 180 after years of Democrats sycophant actions

The Tao of Daou, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Proletariate

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Daou is having the most agreeable and rad midlife crisis imaginable.

Especially when you consider his uh... childhood.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Avshalom getting perma’d for “threats to a public official” after she said she was going to devour Donald J. Trump with her cooter.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Avshalom getting perma’d for “threats to a public official” after she said she was going to devour Donald J. Trump with her cooter.

I kind of assumed that was just the mods deciding they were sick of Av's schtick

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
angela nagle

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Israel subreddit locking down during the last flare up. Extremely normal poo poo.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
herpes flare up?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Private Cumshoe posted:

herpes flare up?

I assume it was the time that soldier mistook his rifle and nightstick.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

exmarx posted:

angela nagle

did anyone ever actually read Kill All Normies? was it any good?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

did anyone ever actually read Kill All Normies? was it any good?

i followed along when the kate reads books twitter account (remember them) did a twitter readalong of it. my takeaway is that the journalistic side of it was okay but there was a much better version of her argument available. she ultimately fell down on "blue haired girls drove them crazy and if girls were a bit less blue haired then this wouldn't have happened"

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

not even abortion, just abortion access. Jesus christ the terminal lib-brain is coming from inside the party.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Lol, she has always been so poo poo.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

:lmao:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Sean Hannity's flop sweat panicked face after it was revealed he was one of Michael Cohen's clients, his telling excuse that it was just real estate deals, and his garish vacation shirt.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

One of the embezzlement shell companies Rudy was involved with was literally named “Fraud Guarantee”

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

:lmao:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bernie Sanders Defends Campaigning For Anti-Abortion Rights Democrat

quote:

Sen. Bernie Sanders is campaigning for Omaha, Neb., mayoral candidate Heath Mello Thursday night, and he's not apologizing for it.

"Absolutely, and I want him to win," Sanders, I-Vt., told NPR Thursday, after a rally in Grand Prairie, Texas.

The Thursday event with Mello, a Nebraska state senator who's running as a Democrat in the mayoral race, is one of several rallies Sanders is holding across the country this week. It's part of a Democratic National Committee-organized unity tour with DNC Chair Tom Perez.

The Omaha event wasn't that notable – just one of several red state visits on the DNC itinerary — until Thursday morning. That's when Ilyse Hogue, the president of abortion rights advocate NARAL Pro-Choice America, issued a statement blasting Sanders and Perez for spending time and resources campaigning alongside a Democrat who opposes abortion rights.

"The actions today by the DNC to embrace and support a candidate for office who will strip women – one of the most critical constituencies for the party – of our basic rights and freedom is not only disappointing, it is politically stupid," Hogue said. "Today's action makes this so-called 'fight back tour' look more like a throw-back tour for women and our rights."

Mello has co-sponsored several bills in Nebraska's unicameral legislature that would restrict abortion rights, including a 2009 measure requiring doctors to inform women seeking abortions about the availability of an ultrasound.

Sanders pushed back against the criticism. "The truth is that in some conservative states there will be candidates that are popular candidates who may not agree with me on every issue. I understand it. That's what politics is about," Sanders told NPR.

"If we are going to protect a woman's right to choose, at the end of the day we're going to need Democratic control over the House and the Senate, and state governments all over this nation," he said. "And we have got to appreciate where people come from, and do our best to fight for the pro-choice agenda. But I think you just can't exclude people who disagree with us on one issue."

But that call for pragmatism doesn't mesh with the main message Sanders has been delivering this week: a call for a more aggressive and progressive Democratic party. In the same interview, he blamed Republican gains at the state and federal level on "the failure of the Democratic Party to have a progressive agenda, to bring people into this party, to mobilize people."

The DNC is doing its best to distance itself from the Mello endorsement. Party staffers were quick to tell reporters that it was Sanders', and not the DNC's, idea to hold a rally for Mello.

Perez issued a statement emphasizing the DNC's strong support for abortion rights, but staying away from the central question of whether or not Mello should be the beneficiary of a DNC rally. "The Democratic Party's platform states clearly our support for every woman's right to make their own choices about their reproductive health and to have access to safe abortion services," Perez said in the statement. "As DNC Chair, I stand by that position unequivocally, as I have my entire life."

Perez will not be at the Omaha rally, because he stepped away from the unity tour Thursday to attend fundraising events in Georgia, where Democrat Jon Ossoff is competing in a June 20 runoff to fill the suburban Atlanta House seat vacated by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price. He nearly won the seat outright this week.

Ossoff will face Karen Handel, a former Georgia secretary of state who also resigned from the Susan G. Komen Foundation amid a controversy over that group's decision to stop giving grants to Planned Parenthood, a decision that was later reversed.

He just really hates women!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/asakusaliker/status/1269496416499642368?s=20

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That very brief window when Trump had Covid and apparently might have gave it to Biden during the debate.

It was only a few hours, but what a lovely few hours.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they specifically got to the debate late so they could skip testing and infect the biden crew lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

That very brief window when Trump had Covid and apparently might have gave it to Biden during the debate.

It was only a few hours, but what a lovely few hours.

it wasn't dna, it was usa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Trump dealing with being booed by supporters when he was taking credit for the COVID vaccine.