Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Starting my infiltration of Hyrule Castle today. Get ready Ganon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Wait a second has nobody made the joke “Tiers of the Kingdom” yet

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

FooF posted:

I thought the Divine Beasts were interesting mechanically and but not dungeons, per se. I didn't seem them as "larger Shrines" but they also weren't a traditional dungeon where you get some item halfway through to both unlock the rest of the dungeon and fight the boss with it. BotW defied Zelda convention by giving you all the tools you needed at the beginning so the "dungeons," by extension, had to also operate differently. You do get Champion abilities, which was nice, but the puzzle to get the new item had no place in BotW. I'm not saying that the old way or new way is better/worse but it was certainly a design constraint.

I think TotK is going to find the middle way: you'll get your "primary" abilities at the start but the abilities granted through the Tears won't just be "nice-to-have" but actually integral to progress. My question is how linear it will be. Will you be able to go after any of the 7 at the start (a la Mega Man) or will some be gated until after you complete others? The Legend of Zelda: Tiers of the Kingdom

I did a few days ago. I heard it on IGN or something earlier and was glad I could beat that stooge to it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tayter Swift posted:

It's funny, playing the first 15 hours of Elden Ring made me go "oh poo poo! Okay! I can play Breath of the Wild now!" And I feel like Hyrule Castle made me want to go back to Elden Ring until Totk comes out (I only ever just got to Stormveil Castle).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m joining the blackout crew, see y’all on the other side.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll not, I'm actively clicking on all the spoilers for this one. Gimme all the details :f5:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

can you eat a bomb flower

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

apparently you can fuse a minecart to your shield lmao

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of someone who is a weirdo about spoilers, ya'll (well, some of you) are being very weird about this.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m joining the blackout crew, see y’all on the other side.
:yossame:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MokBa posted:

No but I saw a very NWS piece of art called Tears of the FemDom that was well done

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Speaking of someone who is a weirdo about spoilers, ya'll (well, some of you) are being very weird about this.

Huh?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

No but I saw a very NWS piece of art called Tears of the FemDom that was well done

thanks weirdo for letting us know about that

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How many cutscenes did they see

One, or both?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

did you jack off to it

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

MokBa posted:

*cracking open a cold one*

"I'm ready to play *Beers* of the Kingdom."

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I don’t smoke weed anymore so i can’t replicate the pure stupid joy of playing BotW for the first time while constantly stoned, but I’m going to do my best by drinking for three days straight while I play Biers of the Kingdom.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i want to know if the stable masters will finally let me keep more than just horses

or, in other words, i want to know about the Deers of the Kingdom

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

MokBa posted:

I don’t smoke weed anymore so i can’t replicate the pure stupid joy of playing BotW for the first time while constantly stoned, but I’m going to do my best by drinking for three days straight while I play Biers of the Kingdom.

There's a Tear (of the kingdom) in my Beer...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:lmao:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Augus posted:

apparently you can fuse a minecart to your shield lmao

Does that make the resulting item a... minecraft? :downsrim:

Thanks for coming to my Ted TotK

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

thanks weirdo for letting us know about that

You are welcome :)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

goethe.cx posted:

did you jack off to it

Nah.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Blaziken386 posted:

i want to know if the stable masters will finally let me keep more than just horses

or, in other words, i want to know about the Deers of the Kingdom

It must have been a technical oversight they were close to overcoming because otherwise why even let us mount other animals at all? it's never practical and it's just a tease otherwise

we're going to need a lot of incentive to use mounts vs. just Nuts & Boltsing a hovercraft, and allowing me to stable anything I can mount would go a long way with me

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

WarpDogs posted:

we're going to need a lot of incentive to use mounts vs. just Nuts & Boltsing a hovercraft, and allowing me to stable anything I can mount would go a long way with me

Horses don't have a finite battery life (probably}

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tiers Of The Findom

Pay to play. HAW HAW

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

MokBa posted:

Not really a joke, but it's the title of the next issue of Nintendo Force.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MokBa posted:

Same, Cheers of the Kingdom :cheers:

I spent most of my early time playing BOTW day drinking in my PJs and I’ll be damned if that’ll change this time around

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

wonder what the theoretical limits of ultrahand are, given that we can apparently shove zonai poo poo into our inventory. If batteries recharge over time, and we have like 5 attached to an object, will they all recharge at the same rate? And if so, would it be possible to build a flying machine with like, a glider attachment or something, and allow the batteries to recharge while still in the air, losing altitude but not truly falling?

and im wondering how many items you're allowed to fuse at once. Because if it's just a "you can only fuse [x] amount of items together, but you can have multiple constructs" that just means its time for Minecart Stacking 2, where we sandwich two of them together and achieve INFINITE FLIGHT by breaking the physics engine.

basically i want to know if we will be making mostly varying types of rafts, or if I will be able to eventually make an 8-legged mecha spider with a gatling gun on each leg and flamethrowers in its mouth.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do we have to play as Link or can we finally be Raiden

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Khanstant posted:

Do we have to play as Link or can we finally be Raiden

It's Venom Link this time, pay attention

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
The green glow of ultrahand reminds me of the telekinesis in Sonic 2006. Maybe Silver's in this game?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Hello Machine posted:

The green glow of ultrahand reminds me of the telekinesis in Sonic 2006. Maybe Silver's in this game?

does link kiss a hedgehog woman?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

wonder what the theoretical limits of ultrahand are, given that we can apparently shove zonai poo poo into our inventory. If batteries recharge over time, and we have like 5 attached to an object, will they all recharge at the same rate? And if so, would it be possible to build a flying machine with like, a glider attachment or something, and allow the batteries to recharge while still in the air, losing altitude but not truly falling?

my understanding is that the batteries you attach to objects don’t recharge, they explode once they’re drained.
The recharging battery meter is one that Link carries around with him and will presumably be able to upgrade (if you look closely he has a little gizmo hanging from his waste with four battery canisters slotted into it and open slots for more). So it’s basically like a stamina bar for vehicles. The placeable batteries will be consumed before Link’s battery meter, just like yellow stamina bars.

Anyway you might be able to do that with a fully-upgraded battery but we can see in the Aonuma demo that we’re gonna have to start with only one bar of battery and work our way up to that

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

WarpDogs posted:

It must have been a technical oversight they were close to overcoming because otherwise why even let us mount other animals at all? it's never practical and it's just a tease otherwise

Hmm. What about glider+horse? Or rocket+horse?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

Beat him :cool:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Augus posted:

my understanding is that the batteries you attach to objects don’t recharge, they explode once they’re drained.
The recharging battery meter is one that Link carries around with him and will presumably be able to upgrade (if you look closely he has a little gizmo hanging from his waste with four battery canisters slotted into it and open slots for more). So it’s basically like a stamina bar for vehicles. The placeable batteries will be consumed before Link’s battery meter, just like yellow stamina bars.

Anyway you might be able to do that with a fully-upgraded battery but we can see in the Aonuma demo that we’re gonna have to start with only one bar of battery and work our way up to that
Ah, yeah, that's true isn't it.

...Well, you could place octorok balloons while flying before, so maybe you can do something similar? Not as broken, though, sadly.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I saw that you can power the hot air balloon with a campfire. And the glider seems to glide when you're not powering it. I think the design principle is not to limit your movement or make transportation a barrier

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

maybe there will be shrines where you enter and are given a rocket a flamethrower and two sticks and need to get yourself to the other side of a gap and light a fire or something like that. but overworld seems as open as the first game including the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There's so much comedy in the preview footage we've seen so far. It's not just fusing an elemental gem to an arrow and then discovering the resulting explosion has a huge radius and you get caught in it and die. It's building a horrible contraption that doesn't manage to go anywhere. It's trying to throw bomb flowers at enemies, completely missing the first throw, then hitting a pile of explosive barrels with the second and seeing a moblin simply disappear from the screen. It's building a horrible contraption that does go somewhere, but it tears itself apart or throws you off and flies off into the distance without you.