Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

If they were really going to do the No Way Home route they should have brought back Bale as well.

Nah, have Chris O'Donnell show up as Nightwing and just dare people to say something when he's in scenes with Keaton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/theomegavirus/status/1651019543828111361?s=61

Not gonna lie, some of the stuff in the trailer has be curious (spoiler: it's all Keaton Batman), but I can't get over how this is one of the worst shots in any moving image media ever made and they put it *in the trailer* to try and convince people to watch the film.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That whole scene in the trailer where they are fighting Zod's forces in some kind of barren field just looks terrible

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

That whole scene in the trailer where they are fighting Zod's forces in some kind of barren field just looks terrible

But Tom Cruise said the movie was amazing, surely that means the barren cgi battlefield sequence is also amazing!

You’re not calling renowned cinephile Tom Cruise a liar, are you?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Oh that looks bad. Wtf is going on with the bluelightning flash why does he look so chunky?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Oh that looks bad. Wtf is going on with the bluelightning flash why does he look so chunky?

Based on promo shots of some of the action figures, I think he’s wearing a makeshift Flash suit made out of an old Batman costume.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Flash: Everyone's Batman

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is the most comics-accurate thing they could have done

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Possessive or contraction?

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Batman Movie Thread: Batman Chapter 1: The New Batman

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Splint Chesthair posted:

Based on promo shots of some of the action figures, I think he’s wearing a makeshift Flash suit made out of an old Batman costume.

He appears to be wearing the Batman Returns suit.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Him and Groot go to the same gym

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The_Doctor posted:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Splint Chesthair posted:

Oh thats rich.

rubber suit, honest

I mean ZS made it so barry had to construct a suit that would take mach speed impacts and friction, channeled the electrostatic discharge, and was flexible enough to glide in and here we get "throw this spare on and use this spray can they did that in Spideyverse and the kids loved it right??>

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

In a series of movies known for bad and stupid looking things, this is an incredibly bad and stupid looking thing.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Incredible.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Oh thats rich.

rubber suit, honest

I mean ZS made it so barry had to construct a suit that would take mach speed impacts and friction, channeled the electrostatic discharge, and was flexible enough to glide in and here we get "throw this spare on and use this spray can they did that in Spideyverse and the kids loved it right??>

You think Batman wouldn't make sure his suit can do that just in case?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The burtonverse flash having a suit that looks similar to the burton batman is cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Oh thats rich.

rubber suit, honest

Yeah that was dumb it’s good they changed it.

All the negatives of having super speed not being a problem because speed force is the best part of Flash.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FilthyImp posted:

Oh thats rich.

rubber suit, honest

I loled hard at that spoiler, friend

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Bunch of random minor news out:

- Antonio Banderas is rumored to be considered for Galactus in FF4.

- The Hollywood Reporter has a story out about James Gunn's firing in 2018 and what happened.

Part of the reason Gunn got hired back so quickly is that the cast revolted and they quickly realized that the Tweet stuff was overblown and the COO directly intervened to get him rehired.

Chris Pratt was also weirdly texting Gunn Bible verses and said his church inspired him to fight for him to get rehired.

quote:

Feige worked behind the scenes on his end, securing a commitment that the project would still use Gunn’s script. He gave it to the cast in the weeks after the firing. To Pratt, it was a sly move and a sign that cracks were starting to appear.

quote:

"'Don't do it,'" he remembers telling Marvel Studios executive Louis D'Esposito. "Jesus f***ing Christ, don’t do it." When Feige called to say they intended to still use Gunn's script for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, the actor wasn't happy.

"I was like, 'Oh, so we can use the script written by James Gunn, but we just can’t have him direct?' The script is so good that you’re going to be like, 'Yeah, we had to get rid of him because we couldn’t associate with that man. But we will make his script.'"

quote:

Feige confirms that they never considered other directors for the gig. "We didn’t even put a preliminary list together just because we couldn’t do it," he recalls. "We couldn’t stomach it."

quote:

As for what led to his re-hiring, Gunn adds: "It’s a hundred percent because Alan Horn felt sick. He did it because he thought it was the right thing to do."

quote:

All the while, Pratt texted Gunn verses from the Bible, including one from the Book of James: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”

While Pratt and others worked behind the scenes — he and Zoe Saldańa trekked to Marvel headquarters to privately meet with president and chief creative officer Kevin Feige, co-president Louis D’Esposito and then-head of production Victoria Alonso — fellow castmember Dave Bautista took a less subtle route, calling out Disney on Twitter: “Nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/guardians-of-the-galaxy-chris-pratt-cast-saved-james-gunn-1235401687/

- James Gunn says he wants to cast Karen Gillem in an upcoming DC movie and Karen Gillem says she has had conversations and wants to play Poison Ivy (but, that nothing is confirmed or has even really moved on this yet. It's not an announcement or a confirmation of any casting yet.)

- Gunn also says that there were some last minute changes to Infinity War that he wasn't consulted on and didn't like. Specifically, that it was Starlord going crazy and punching Thanos that leads to their plan being ruined and some more extensive scenes featuring Pom/Mantis were cut last second.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 27, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Can you even imagine being suddenly fired from your Disney job because of chuds and then Chris loving Pratt starts sending you bible verses to cheer you up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Can you even imagine being suddenly fired from your Disney job because of chuds and then Chris loving Pratt starts sending you bible verses to cheer you up

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. - 2 Peter 1:21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sounds like Pratt was trying to be a good friend

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It's always mind boggling when religious friends try to use bible stuff to relate to me, but I always take it as them really trying to be there for me cause it's what they believe in more than anything and they're trying to comfort me with the thing that brings them the most comfort. It's cringe, but sweet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

SlimGoodbody posted:

It's always mind boggling when religious friends try to use bible stuff to relate to me, but I always take it as them really trying to be there for me cause it's what they believe in more than anything and they're trying to comfort me with the thing that brings them the most comfort. It's cringe, but sweet.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

All else aside, I think it's nice that the Guardians cast are so devoted to Gunn.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Antonia Banderas is rumored to be considered for Galactus in FF4.

I think we glossed over this one. What?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Opopanax posted:

I think we glossed over this one. What?

That's pretty much it. Not a lot of other info and just a rumor.

quote:

Matt Shakman's Fantastic Four movie is in the midst of putting together its cast, and there hasn't been this much excitement among fans since Marvel Studios was attempting to find a new Spider-Man.

Adam Driver recently emerged as a likely frontrunner to play Mister Fantastic, with Mila Kunis supposedly eyed for the Invisible Woman. However, reliable insider @MyTimeToShineH is claiming that the Family Guy star isn't in talks to play Sue Storm; instead, she's being lined up for another role.

It's unclear who that would be, but Alicia Masters is one possibility. Marvel's First Family is surrounded by many supporting characters in the comic books, of course, so there's a long list of possibilities.

The most exciting update, however, is who will play the MCU's Galactus. That villain is expected to take centre stage alongside Silver Surfer in the movie, and if this rumour is to be believed, the world-eating baddie is going to be brought to life by Antonio Banderas.

https://comicbookmovie.com/fantasti...evealed-a202950

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I love me some Antonio but that seems like such a left field pick. Like I'm trying to imagine what an Antonio Banderas Galactus is bringing to the table and coming up blank. I'm not even sure I know of any villain roles he's played before. Marvel's casting hasn't really missed so far though so I'm sure they see something that could really work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Banderas is cool. Maybe they're also planning on showing Galactus' past as Galen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Banderas is cool. Maybe they're also planning on showing Galactus' past as Galen.

Only if we get his mom. :colbert:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You wouldn't want puss in boots to smoothly say, "to meee, my herald"?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Pray for mercy from Guy in Big Hat!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just hope they don't make Galactus quippy (unless they make a Squirrel Girl movie).

Banderas would make a good Beyonder though

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love me some Antonio but that seems like such a left field pick. Like I'm trying to imagine what an Antonio Banderas Galactus is bringing to the table and coming up blank. I'm not even sure I know of any villain roles he's played before. Marvel's casting hasn't really missed so far though so I'm sure they see something that could really work.

he has voice acting experience and a known name

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just surprised that they are going straight to Galactus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm just surprised that they are going straight to Galactus

It's Galactus or Doom. They ain't doing Paste Pot Pete or the Mole Man in the MCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If you are going to do cosmic stuff you can do Annihilus first or like have them deal with Namor if you want to keep it Earth-centric