Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Oh hey thread! Long time no see, felt like a good day for a visit for some reason. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Freep: The USA is a Fascist State

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That thread's popping now, almost 100 new replies since I checked in on it. Anyone else want to go in? I'm almost too busy laughing at "musk should hire tucker" to go in for a bit :laffo:

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Soon we'll have people calling Murdoch "a member of the Soros cabal"

Think about it this way.. Murdoch spent $800 million to prove there was no evidence of election fraud.. setting up newsmax and such to be liquidated, and then fired one of the most powerful"real talk" folks who fought against the "uniparty" right before debt limit talks. To conspiracy theorists like Freep, with friends like that who needs enemies?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Bad day to be a white supremacist. Can't wait to read more of Freep wailing and gnashing their teeth about Carlson losing his White Power Hour.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Drudge Siren: TUCKER OUT AT FOX

quote:

To: Morgana
Dominion must be prouder now than a Greyhound full of homos, lesbians and trannies. They brought down Tucker Carlson. The guy who shined the light of truth on Bidenskkkyyyy’s January Sixth fiasco.

6 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:41:21 AM by FlingWingFlyer (It's time to indict the Dung Beetle Party's token affirmative action chubby cheeked shyster lawyer.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jewbacca
Yeah, I’ll wait for a credible source.

44 posted on 4/24/2023, 9:45:00 AM by rdl6989 ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rdl6989
FOX isn’t a credible source on their own programming?

48 posted on 4/24/2023, 9:45:47 AM by shadowlands1960 (We live in a world of intolerance masked as tolerance. RUSH LIMBAUGH)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

quote:

To: cdnerds
SHUTTING DOWN THE TRUTH, and most likely pressure from the COMMUNISTS in the ByeDone administration..
Bongino and Carlson gone, back-to-back. FUFN!!

BURN IN HELL FAUX NEWS.

52 posted on 4/24/2023, 9:47:32 AM by CivilWarBrewing (Get off my back for my usage of CAPS, especially you snowflake males! MAN UP!)

quote:

To: Regulator
I LOVE Rob Shmidt the ONLY drat thing I watch on Fox is Tucker, I hope Tucker ends up at Newsmax!! 2 years ago I left Fox and went to Newsmax don’t miss Fox AT ALL SCREW THEM!! Tucker was their golden egg there is NO WAY they fired him I believe he left on his own after being kneecapped over J6 tapes!!

74 posted on 4/24/2023, 9:54:42 AM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

quote:

Fox is the BUD LIGHT of TV!

98 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:03:27 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum
It would appear Fox has committed marketing suicide, and such a decision entailed more high level input than the clueless Ivy League woman at Anheuser Busch had when she hired Dylan Mulvaney. Fox, like Rush Limbaugh and William Buckley, formed the right side of the Overton Window of acceptable opinions. You may be right in that the Deep State has decided to forego even a pretense of “fair and balanced”.
120 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:08:50 AM by Wallace T.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EVO X
THAT ANNOUNCEMENT NEEDS A BARF ALERT!

129 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:12:58 AM by MagUSNRET ((" I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of he night"))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies]

quote:

Faux News is dead. Teamed up with NeoCons, GloboHomo & Satan.

133 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:13:21 AM by Trumpisourlastchance

quote:

They’re purging any alternate views from ALL media. Look for website shutdowns soon as well. Stock up on food. The beast is coming now.

149 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:19:41 AM by DouglasKC

quote:

The Dark Side of the Force is showing itself. Oh well, wherever Tucker goes so goeth this family.

I hope Gutfield bails also. This’ll bring Fox ratings down to CNN level.

Bye, Fox.

159 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:25:02 AM by Da Coyote

quote:

To: noiseman
A lot of Tuckers audience were 30 something Liberals. Yea, it will hurt.

198 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:45:56 AM by vivenne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies]

quote:

The leftist Murdoch Boys are at it again.

221 posted on 4/24/2023, 11:03:59 AM by Carriage Hill (A society grows great when old men plant trees, in whose shade they know they will never sit.)

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

Finnankainen posted:

Faux News is dead. Teamed up with NeoCons, GloboHomo & Satan.

133 posted on 4/24/2023, 10:13:21 AM by Trumpisourlastchance
I doubt this person cared about Fox having "teamed up with NeoCons" when Sodamn Insane was preparing to obliterate America with his totally real WMDs and any critic of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was treated as a traitor by Hannity, O'Reilly, etc.

Just goes to show how the Bush Administration has been wiped from memory among practically all Republicans.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 24, 2023

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Deptfordx posted:

Oh hey thread! Long time no see, felt like a good day for a visit for some reason. :shrug:

lololol that's why i came here again after swearing this thread off a while ago.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

"for the record they weren't trying to convince people of anything" *wank wank*

Law fact: defamation is fine as long as you were only doing to be popular

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I won't be able to contribute on this blessed day, but here's a listing of the threads so far for others to mine.

Drudge Siren: TUCKER OUT AT FOX posted by freeper cdnerds
Tucker Carlson Leaving Fox News, Last Show Was Friday posted by freeper Conservativetpa
Tucker Carlson OUT at Fox News - five days after the network paid $787million to settle Dominion lawsuit posted by freeper Morgana
BREAKING: Could losing Tucker Carlson DESTROY Fox News? posted by freeper EBH
Glenn Beck weighs in: This will KILL Fox posted by freeper RandFan
Shame: Tucker Carlson OUT at Fox News; Bowing to the Leftist Mob? posted by freeper Federalist Patriot
Fox stock sinks after Tucker Carlson departure posted by freeper Red Badger
Tucker Carlson's executive producer follows him in exit from Fox: report posted by freeper Red Badger

The LA times reports that Tucker and the executive producer were canned for reasons related to the recent sexual discrimination suit.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
:freep: they cancelled tucker because he got too close to THE TRUTH :byodood:

Murdoch: You're a continued liability to our company and it's time we part ways. Have fun live streaming with Nick Fuentes!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Slashrat posted:

Might have been a condition in the Dominion settlement that Tucker was shown the door ASAP?

Either way, the meltdowns will be glorious.

Nah. The biggest pusher of the election lies was actually Hannity, followed by Ingraham and Pirro. Carlson mostly avoided the issue.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
In other news: BREAKING: Don Lemon out at CNN too

quote:

To: cotton1706

Is there a lemon law? Can they get their money back?

3 posted on 04/24/2023 9:29:10 AM PDT by nickcarraway

quote:

Win some, lose some.

4 posted on 04/24/2023 9:29:15 AM PDT by Yo-Yo (Is the /Sarc tag really necessary? Pray for President Biden: Psalm 109:8)

quote:

Don Lemon gone ? The same day as Ticker Carlson being out at Fox News? Wow. News networks purging ? Just a coincidence?

6 posted on 04/24/2023 9:30:01 AM PDT by Dilbert San Diego

quote:

Finally. Now that they got rid of the last of the male pain in the asses, they need to start working on unloading the women pain in the asses.

7 posted on 04/24/2023 9:30:10 AM PDT by chuckee ( )

quote:

Don lemon has been hired by Fox News to take over the Tucker Carlson show. The new direction comes out of the dominion lawsuit. In order to settle the other lawsuit they have to hire Don lemon and change the reviews from conservative to extreme liberal.
Pucker up.

16 posted on 04/24/2023 9:35:39 AM PDT by ncfool (TRUMP SHOULD BE THE KING MAKER IN 2024 AND NOT THE KING. -- Desantis 2024)

quote:

What a freaking farce!!!! They think we are stupid…this is a way for those corrupt POS to justify tucker’s firing! SCREW THEM ALL TO HELL!!!!!

17 posted on 04/24/2023 9:35:52 AM PDT by RoseofTexas

:dadjoke:

quote:

You know what they say. When life gives you Lemons, fire them.

24 posted on 04/24/2023 9:44:42 AM PDT by Enterprise

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: Reno89519

Thanks on the spelling. Tucker had bigger audience, but that didn’t save him.

Tucker's buddy, Hunter, must have called Paul Ryan and had him fired since he was about to name some names.

28 posted on 04/24/2023 10:19:20 AM PDT by DCBryan1 (Das dicke Ende kommt noc!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

McGlockenshire posted:

I won't be able to contribute on this blessed day, but here's a listing of the threads so far for others to mine.

Drudge Siren: TUCKER OUT AT FOX posted by freeper cdnerds
Tucker Carlson Leaving Fox News, Last Show Was Friday posted by freeper Conservativetpa
Tucker Carlson OUT at Fox News - five days after the network paid $787million to settle Dominion lawsuit posted by freeper Morgana
BREAKING: Could losing Tucker Carlson DESTROY Fox News? posted by freeper EBH
Glenn Beck weighs in: This will KILL Fox posted by freeper RandFan
Shame: Tucker Carlson OUT at Fox News; Bowing to the Leftist Mob? posted by freeper Federalist Patriot
Fox stock sinks after Tucker Carlson departure posted by freeper Red Badger
Tucker Carlson's executive producer follows him in exit from Fox: report posted by freeper Red Badger

The LA times reports that Tucker and the executive producer were canned for reasons related to the recent sexual discrimination suit.

I scraped all these threads (except for 4143560 which I tested these queries on, but :effort: for updating all the queries + text at this point) and did some keyword searches:
code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4143560,4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%january 6%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

*************************** 1. row ***************************
thread_id: 4147966
post_number: 29
poster: Yo-Yo
content: Wonder what kind of threats she used? AOC is an idiot, but she has climbed the Dem ladder and now she’s a vicious and powerful idiot.
AOC calls for Fox News and Tucker Carlson to be punished for inciting violence on January 6
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has accused Fox News and its hosts of inciting violence in the January 6 Capitol riots as she called for media organisations to be held accountable for dangerous content.
The New York congresswoman addressed Fox News’ $787.5bn settlement with Dominion Voting Systems as she sat down with former White House press secretary Jen Psaki on her MSNBC programme on Sunday morning.
-excerpt
*************************** 2. row ***************************
post_number: 75
poster: TBP
content: Tucker famously went after Sidney Powell, repteadly saykng ot her “You’ve brought me no evidence. Where’s your evidence?”

He exposed the January 6 lies.

I wonder what they’ll hvae at 8 PM instead.
*************************** 3. row ***************************
thread_id: 4147985
post_number: 18
poster: LeonardFMason
content: Tucker UNLEASHED! His 3.5 MILLION voters will follow him.

Maybe more of the January 6 videos he was forbidden to air will be played.

I haven’t watched Fox news since the election in 2020. The one where Brent Bear said the Democrats were going to pick up 15-25 seats in the House at the very beginning of the night. Republicans picked up 15. A “miss” of 30-45 seat.

My life is BETTER without FOX News.
*************************** 4. row ***************************
thread_id: 4148012
post_number: 36
poster: Will88
content: Hearing on Bongino’s show that Tucker’s departure might have been due to a disagreement over the content of tonight’s cancelled show, which was still being promoted early this morning.

And the mostly unexplained end of Tucker’s discussion of the thousands of hours of January 6 security video is still hanging around.

Stories will probably leak out eventually. Wonder if there were any NDAs involved with Tucker’s departure.
*************************** 5. row ***************************
post_number: 43
poster: Fuzz
content: LA Times reporting that Rupert made the decision to fire him over the January 6th coverage.

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4143560,4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%AOC%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

thread_id: 4143560
post_number: 189
poster: bigdaddy45
content: Wow, i didn’t know AOC had a FreeRepublic handle. Because she would say the exact same thing.
thread_id: 4143560
post_number: 193
poster: bigdaddy45
content: So then you’re in favor of raising taxes, or lifting the cap. There’s no other solution. So now you, Bernie, Lizzie and AOC are all in agreement.
post_number: 5
content: AOC gets her wish.
post_number: 7
poster: livius
content: Wonder what kind of threats she used? AOC is an idiot, but she has climbed the Dem ladder and now she’s a vicious and powerful idiot.
AOC calls for Fox News and Tucker Carlson to be punished for inciting violence on January 6
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has accused Fox News and its hosts of inciting violence in the January 6 Capitol riots as she called for media organisations to be held accountable for dangerous content.
The New York congresswoman addressed Fox News’ $787.5bn settlement with Dominion Voting Systems as she sat down with former White House press secretary Jen Psaki on her MSNBC programme on Sunday morning.
-excerpt
*************************** 6. row ***************************
post_number: 45
poster: ProtectOurFreedom
content: “AOC gets her wish.”

Schumer, too.
*************************** 7. row ***************************
post_number: 71
poster: AnthonySoprano
content: .

Hannity Begged Trump to pardon Hunter Biden towards the end of his Term.

You’re not going to get the Truth on Fox.

Ask Lou Dobbs and Trish Regan!

AOC and Hunter had their requests granted!

*************************** 8. row ***************************
post_number: 219
poster: livius
content: AOC evidently did a TV interview about Dominion and J6 on Sunday.

She was involved in this. She’s hated him for a long time because he called her out on her stupid statements, and now she’s got the power behind Dominion and the lawsuit to back her up.
*************************** 9. row ***************************
thread_id: 4148004
post_number: 126
poster: Sarah Barracuda
content: I only continued to watch Fox to see Tucker, sometimes Laura Ingraham, and of course Gutfeld who I really enjoy..could care less about Hannity, honestly if Hannity quit today would anyone even notice LOL..no one fears him, but Tucker, the neocons feared him, big pharma lovers feared him..so he had all the right enemies..apparently Murdoch listens to the likes of AOC and Schmucky Schumer, they say get rid of Tucker and poof he’s gone..so if Fox News wants to become MSNBC Lite or CNN Lite that’s fine, I will sit back and enjoy their demise
*************************** 10. row ***************************
post_number: 23
poster: E Pluribus Bellum
content: AOC came out today and said he should be censored, and what do you know, now he’s gone. Coincidence?
*************************** 11. row ***************************
post_number: 32
poster: nutmeg
content: AOC came out today and said he should be censored, and what do you know, now he’s gone. Coincidence?
Yeah... how 'bout that??
*************************** 12. row ***************************
thread_id: 4148032
post_number: 37
poster: Tupelo
content: “AOC calls for Fox News and Tucker Carlson to be punished for inciting violence”

I cannot help but wonder if this might have had something to do with Fox’s decision. This happens in many countries, so why not in a Post-Constitutional United States?

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4143560,4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%fasc%' order by post_number \G

mysql posted:

post_number: 10
poster: fwdude
content: Tucker was their bread and butter.
They know better than to kill the golden-egg-laying goose.
They were forced to do this. Probably by threats of violence and to shut them down by an overarching fascist government.
post_number: 142
poster: VideoDoctor
content: They were forced to do this. Probably by threats of violence and to shut them down by an overarching fascist government.
I think you're WRONG in saying that.
It was intentional on Fox's behalf. WHY do I say that?
The Murdoch's do NOT want Trump re-elected at any cost so they are eradicating any and ALL personalities who would host Trump on their show or favorably voice Trump's opinions. EXPECT MORE FIRINGS in the future!

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4143560,4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%silence%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

post_number: 49
poster: exPBRrat
content: Another great American silenced.
post_number: 79
poster: MDLION
content: “Hannity ... talking over guests”

Why doesn’t he seem to understand the delays of the guest hearing him and how this makes for awkward pauses and silences?
post_number: 165
poster: Texas resident
content: Clearing the decks and not hiding it.

Silence political opposition.

Rigged election process.

Importing millions of new voters.

Cancelled all dimrat debates.
thread_id: 4147999
post_number: 2
poster: Samurai_Jack
content: democrats think that by destroying fox news they extinguish the content. But that’s not the case. They will not silence us.
post_number: 33
poster: fuzzylogic
content: Sometimes it’s the best thing. I’m pretty sure he was being silenced on topics like J6 video, Hunter, etc.. Now he’s free. The left celebrates when they should be scared.
post_number: 44
poster: Kipp
content: When I heard that Tucker had been fired, I thought I’d hate to be whichever host they move into that slot. I won’t be watching. We mostly watched The Five, Tucker, and Gutfeld. I’m wondering what will be said on The Five and Gutfeld. I wouldn’t be surprised if they mention Lemon being fired and if there’s silence on Tucker.

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%jesse watters%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

post_number: 59
poster: MDLION
content: Why? His ratings were massive. The beginning of his show where he hammers Biden and the Democrats is must see television. This is very recent because they have been rolling out the documentaries they are going to be showing in the next few months with him as host. Who will they move up? Jesse Watters?
post_number: 73
poster: Toespi
content: Sean Hannity is impossible to watch, his hysteria and interruptions of guests is ridiculous. Laura lost us with her snippy attitude during Trump interviews, she blind-sided him both times, Laura is a closet swamp dweller. Like Jesse Watters but is a bit too tabloid.
post_number: 96
poster: EliRoom8
content: Sorry. That’s reversed. Jesse Watters is ahead of Hannity in the “All About Me” dept.
post_number: 99
poster: 1Old Pro
content: Jesse Watters is ahead of Hannity in the “All About Me” dept.
Neither offers anything unique and creative.
post_number: 128
poster: Political Junkie Too
content: Jesse Watters is ahead of Hannity in the “All About Me” dept.
Neither offers anything unique and creative.
I disagree.
Watters is a talented demagogic bombthrower. He can summarize the essence of right-wing perspectives on left-wing accusations of the right quite succinctly with loads of red meat thrown in.
-PJ

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

gently caress me. I haven't seen this amount of cannibalism since the East Tampa Winn-Dixie rodent debacle of 2017.

Rats eating rats, eating rats, trying to escape a sinking ship they bit holes in.

Holy poo poo. If any of y'all ever catch me spouting 1/10th of the stupid vitriol these folks are, find me and beat the loving brakes off me.

Not that it'll happen, but still.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
ngl this is so much better than actually browsing freep
code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%newsmax%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

post_number: 13
poster: Trump Girl Kit Cat
content: When they kneecapped Tucker on the Jan 5 tapes I KNEW Tucker would leave, I look for him to end up at Newsmax!!
post_number: 18
poster: kenmcg
content: Tucker and Bongino to NEWSMAX OR Real America’s Voice with Steve Bannon. Hannity on the block.
post_number: 107
poster: cowboyusa
content: Fox just killed itself. If Newsmax picks up Tucker, it will be the number 1 news network.
post_number: 204
content: I have to wonder if this idea with Elon is already in the works Tucker just spent a whole lot of time with Elon AND Fox was stifling Tucker, Tucker had to have been REALLY PISSED off over the J6 tapes after hyping the story of the tapes he was humiliated by the network when he was kneecapped!! Elon and Tucker merger would be a GREAT thing, there are MANY great people out there Lou Dobbs, Bongino, Tucker, Stinchfield, Elon should purchase Newsmax and take it to the next level of TRUTH!!!
post_number: 17
poster: Hojczyk
content: Will he be on Newsmax…
post_number: 38
poster: teofila
content: OAN,Newsmax and RSNB are the only places who will have Tucker and they don’t pay the big bucks, the barely make big bucks.
*************************** 7. row ***************************
post_number: 42
poster: citizen
content: On Newsmax, I probably watch Tucker. I swore off Fox In Nov. 2020 and would not go there even for the Tucker program.
*************************** 8. row ***************************
thread_id: 4147999
poster: gibsonguy
content: I sure hope so. The last straw as far as we are concerned. So we are back to no MSM news outlet that’s not totally under rat control. Yes there is Newsmax but they are out there among foreign language and Italian cooking show channels on the cable/satellite stations
*************************** 9. row ***************************
post_number: 49
content: You are dead wrong about this Fox was on my TV 24/7 even ALL the reruns EVERYDAY, after the night of the 2020 election I shut them off and NEVER RETURNED!! They lost a hell of a lot of viewership that day NOW they peop,e who brought Fox to the dance from day one WILL LEAVE!! I watched Tucker on different sources he was the ONLY PERSON worth watching on Fox!! I have been on Newsmax for the 2 and a half years and I don’t miss Fox ONE BIT!!
*************************** 10. row ***************************
post_number: 86
content: Tucker brought young Democrat viewers. This will hurt the Conservstive message ability.
Agreed.
Some of our conservative friends and FReepers are saying today: "Tucker should do a podcast, like Joe Rogan... or go to Rumble, Real America's Voice, Newsmax, etc."
Rumble, RAV, OAN, podcasts, even Newsmax are all well and good, but they are all fringe networks / sites that don’t attract as many eyeballs as a major network like Fox News (love it or hate it) did with shows like Tucker, etc. These sites just don’t have the “reach”.
So we conservatives will now have to 'settle' for watching / listening to fringe sites, rather than tune into the Big Dog Fox News, that successfully annihilated all its competetion over the past 21+ years?? This is just what The Left wants. For us to be relegated to The Fringe.
I consider this a BIG blow to “our side”. The Left won big here and will be celebrating this ‘victory’ for years. ?
*************************** 11. row ***************************
post_number: 106
poster: Hojczyk
content: His followers would go to Newsmax….plus you can get people who have dumped their cable……
*************************** 12. row ***************************
post_number: 132
poster: MHT
content: If not Fox, what are you watching? Newsmax?
*************************** 13. row ***************************
post_number: 133
poster: Hot Tabasco
content: Fox News' goodbye message to @TuckerCarlson sure looks like what they said when I left.
I couldn't care less when you left Glenn, but I'm sure going to miss Carlson. Newsmax is my new news source.........
*************************** 14. row ***************************
post_number: 137
poster: joesbucks
content: At one time, Fox didn’t have “the reach”. The proper anchors or Newsmax or OAN could put them on the map.
*************************** 15. row ***************************
post_number: 140
content: At one time, Fox didn’t have “the reach”. The proper anchors or Newsmax or OAN could put them on the map.
Newsmax and OAN (where the hell is OAN anyway?) still don't have "reach". What's taking them so drat long??
That being said, I WILL tune into Newsmax TV tonight. A lot of former Fox News anchors who are now there have been dishing about their former network and Tucker Carlson all afternoon. They promise more tonight in prime time.
*************************** 16. row ***************************
post_number: 12
poster: Vaduz
content: Fox has went hard full woke Left just another CNN type news program they dumped Bongino last week.

Newsmax is the last of real news left Marxism on the march until all true news is gone.

1984 is here now
*************************** 17. row ***************************
post_number: 34
content: Rumble, RAV, OAN, podcasts, even Newsmax are all well and good, but they are all fringe networks / sites that don’t attract as many eyeballs as a major network like Fox News (love it or hate it) did with shows like Tucker, etc. These sites just don’t have the “reach”.
So we conservatives will now have to 'settle' for watching / listening to fringe sites, rather than tune into the Big Dog Fox News, that successfully annihilated all its competetion over the past 21+ years? This is just what The Left wants. For us to be relegated to The Fringe.
I consider this a BIG blow to “our side”. The Left won big here and will be celebrating this ‘victory’ for years. ?
*************************** 18. row ***************************
post_number: 35
content: Now he’s free.
True, but we don't get to hear him. Where is Tucker going to go? To some fringe site like RAV, OAN, even Newsmax? Some podcast? None of those get the eyeballs / ratings that his Fox News show got.
*************************** 19. row ***************************
post_number: 45
poster: mosaicwolf
content: NEWSMAX for me. Fox News and Fox Nation will be canx in my house. Hannity should be concerned. One main reason I watched Hannity was that Carlson was the lead in to his show. Jesse Waters should be worried also.
*************************** 20. row ***************************
post_number: 73
content: The bleeding of good people at FNC continues. FYI: Newsmax TV promises much discussion - by former FNC hosts - tonight on Newsmax.

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%soros%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

post_number: 3
poster: dpetty121263
content: Fired over releasing the J6 videos from accounts, along with some of the staff by Murdock this morning, must of got a call from Soros.
post_number: 54
poster: delta7
content: Biden’s government has deep pockets, throw in Soros, end of independence news. Corrupt to the core- the stench is becoming unbearable.

code:
select thread_id,post_number,poster,content from posts where thread_id in (4147966,4147985,4147999,4148004,4148012,4148026,4148032) and content like '%sex%' order by thread_id,post_number\G

mysql posted:

post_number: 44
poster: alternatives?
content: I thought Tucker did a recent speech about transexuals being evil. Maybe that was it.
post_number: 30
poster: A Navy Vet
content: Seems that all a woman has to say nowadays is my boss complimented me on my looks or outfit or place a hand on my shoulder.
I saw where this was going years ago in the Navy. While standing in line for liberty while my Frigate was tied outside of a supply ship, this happened: A guy in line told a female sailor walking by the line in civilian clothes "Wow, you look nice". It was about 5 minutes later a female CPO took him out of the line.
The stupid part is she was dressed for success, if you know what I mean. She couldn't just say "thank you" as she continued to walk on? It really demoralized many on my Frigate for months. Thankfully, at that time women were not allowed on combat ships. Now they're on submarines with it's extremely limited space. Anyone here have experience or knowledge of mixed sexes on subs?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
'Young Democrats watched Tucker' is an almost shockingly depraved delusion that I haven't ever considered before. Freep doesn't usually make me blink but that one got me.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BlackIronHeart posted:

'Young Democrats watched Tucker' is an almost shockingly depraved delusion that I haven't ever considered before. Freep doesn't usually make me blink but that one got me.

"I know plenty of lifelong Democrats who understand (Manufactured talking point of the week) is a GREAT OUTRAGE and they're switching allegiances next election" Is what they all say at least once, it's never true

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Debate & Discussion › Freep: Seems that all a woman has to say nowadays is my boss complimented me on my looks or outfit or place a hand on my shoulder

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Debate & Discussion › Freep: Heya, Hotlips!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

"I know plenty of lifelong Democrats who understand (Manufactured talking point of the week) is a GREAT OUTRAGE and they're switching allegiances next election" Is what they all say at least once, it's never true

i was eager to switch sides in the midterms over the sexy green m&m but none of the candidates seemed to be talking about it so i stayed home instead

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

They're all hot and bothered about Tucker possibly jumping ship, but could any if the more fringe networks realistically even afford what I am sure his ego will demand? None of their operations have exactly been lauded for their production values/business acumen

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

AJA posted:

Seems that all a woman has to say nowadays is my boss complimented me on my looks or outfit or place a hand on my shoulder

Jesus Christ

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

AJA posted:

Debate & Discussion › Freep: Seems that all a woman has to say nowadays is my boss complimented me on my looks or outfit or place a hand on my shoulder

They’re completely oblivious to any lead-up, which is why they always think consequences come “out of nowhere!!!!! :freep:

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I used to follow the freep thread in like, the early 2010's when they were convinced Obama was kicking off the FEMA death camps any day now. Recently I'm back in the forums after Elon hosed up Twitter and I'm absolutely delighted to see they're still stocking up and keeping the powder dry after all these years.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
They’ve crossed the Rubicon so many times

Thank you to those brave souls who go and harvest quotes from the site. I can never get the motivation to do it so I appreciate those that do

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Icon Of Sin posted:

They’re completely oblivious to any lead-up, which is why they always think consequences come “out of nowhere!!!!! :freep:

“Female peers all think I’m a creep and my fig ex wives were all crazy. It must be women are the problem.”-every boomer dude

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

haven't checked in on this thread in a while, did JimRob end up dying of covid?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
he's still alive but mainly only posts in the freepathon threads to beg for money

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

kik2dagroin posted:

he's still alive but mainly only posts in the freepathon threads to beg for money

so we really have no way of knowing?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

kik2dagroin posted:

and it's definitely him? not just his kids sockpuppeting his account?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
there's no way to know for sure lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If the whole "young Democrats watch Tucker Carlson" thing isn't just an "overheard in a hipster coffee shop" thing, I assume what they're talking about is that there are a lot of Twitter accounts/youtube personalities who will play clips from Tucker Carlson to roast him or go "This is why everything he said is total bullshit." In that sense, I guess a lot of young Democrats do watch him, though most of them are either going "what the gently caress" or "lol what a dipshit." I suppose there is a statistically insignificant number that might go "Wait actually he's right about everything!"

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It’s simply that someone in their life has told them young democrats watch Tucker Carlson. That’s it. Or they’ve seen someone else online make a post claiming the same thing. That’s all it takes.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"Look out, the young people coming up now are going to be super turbo conservative!" is something I've been hearing for more than 20 years. In reality, every year young people have moved further and further away from the Republican party.

it's just cope, mixed with some fundraising grift (for donors to give piles of money to people like Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk so they can do youth outreach since they're so in tune with the kidz today).

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
he's 89 years old and slightly to the right of mussolini so everyone is a young democrat to him

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
IIRC there was a statistic that Tucker Carlson was the most watched cable news show among young democrats, which I could believe is true because young democrats don't watch cable news.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

FMguru posted:

"Look out, the young people coming up now are going to be super turbo conservative!" is something I've been hearing for more than 20 years. In reality, every year young people have moved further and further away from the Republican party.

Given the way a lot of Republican politicians are making moves on young people, wouldn't you?

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

FMguru posted:

it's just cope, mixed with some fundraising grift (for donors to give piles of money to people like Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk so they can do youth outreach since they're so in tune with the kidz today).
I see similar attempts to insist the Republican Party is becoming "more moderate" as younger people take the reins, even though the criteria for "more moderate" seems limited to two things:

1. Justifying reactionary policies and worldviews by invoking "facts and logic" rather than the Bible.
2. A greater willingness to have conservative lawmakers who happen to be homosexuals (George Santos was supposed to be a public face of this shift.)

Since this isn't very compelling, they tend to resort to arguing that Democrats have become "far-left" and how you must vote Republican before Joe Biden institutes the dictatorship of the woketariat or whatever.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Fox News Loses More Than HALF Its Audience In Key Demographic Following Tucker Carlson's Departure posted by freeper xzins

It's all about the pillows, baby

quote:

To: xzins

If Mike Lindell would pull his ads, FOX would go under!

2 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:02:23 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

Tucker had to be shut down. Too many Democrats were tuning in and listening - actually listening. He was a threat like Trump. His farewell video clip is over 40M views in 12 hours.

8 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:13:23 AM by IamConservative (I was nervous like the third chimp in line for the Ark after the rain started.)

One freeper gets it.

quote:

Honestly? I think the demographic for network news in general skews much, much older than the cable people want to admit.

The demographic of people we know who watched Tucker regularly are in-between seventy to eighty years old widows and married couples—in other words, people who are too used to passively “watching tv” and having “news” spoon fed to them, rather than go to the internet.

14 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:28:30 AM by Southern Magnolia

quote:

Comment #17 Removed by Moderator

And then everybody clapped

quote:

To: rovenstinez

I deleted the FOX app when they colluded to destroy Donald Trump. Never had cable and rarely watched from hotel rooms.

I was interviewed by a lefty reporter about the Trump election. He said “But FOX, who all conservatives watch called the election for Biden, what are your thoughts about that?”

I said “I couldn’t tell you, I don’t watch FOX.” The guy was literally speechless.

20 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:34:06 AM by cyclotic (Raising Godly Boys-Traillifeusa.com)

quote:

quote:

To: napscoordinator

I don’t watch television. I did not know that. I have lost all respect for Trump.

21 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:35:58 AM by Chickensoup (Genocide is here. Leftist extremists are spearhheading the Genocide against conservatives. )

Really?

What part of Trump's first administration was not conservative?

Was it:

Low inflation?
Low unemployment, especially for blue collar work?
Rising real wages?
Standing up to China and tariffs?
Building a wall and having the most secure border since the 1960s?
Cheap gas, super high oil production?

That is an incomplete list but please tell us what is not conservative about any of those things?
28 posted on 4/27/2023, 5:48:05 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)

quote:

It’s just like the Bud Light thing, you people still don’t understand grand strategy very well. Fox knew this would happen, but ratings are not the point, nor are ratings important!

It’s about marginalizing us, and when that is the mission, any means to that end is ‘profitable ‘ to the deep state. Profit can mean more than dollars and cents calculations. The left profits socially from this, which is more valuable to them than a short term loss of dollars from low ratings.

Ratings will rebound, because conservatives do not boycott well. Conservatives have comfort zones, and any outrage is always very temporary, i.e. NFL, NASCAR, MLB, NBA etc...to be followed soon by Bud Light and FOX news. The left knows you will be back shortly, all the previous data shows this to be the case.

37 posted on 4/27/2023, 6:05:34 AM by KobraKai

quote:

To: napscoordinator

quote:

I see trump bashing DeSantis commercials on constantly. He’s spending a mint on Fox.

Another reason not to watch Fox…

58 posted on 4/27/2023, 6:58:48 AM by Dr. Scarpetta ( )

Everything's a conspiracy.

quote:

Fox doesn’t care. like CNN, they’re on the government payroll now.

64 posted on 4/27/2023, 7:07:44 AM by meyer (FBI = KGB for the DNC; IRS = Gestapo)

Freepers:

quote:

Die FOX NEWS, die

80 posted on 4/27/2023, 8:52:15 AM by Az Joe (Live free or die)

This entire post was in bold. I'm glad that Trump Girl Kit Kat has some competition in the CAPITALS industry!

quote:

To: William of Barsoom

quote:

People will trickle back to Fox and to Bud Lite after a little while — because they’re habituated, and the emotion of the moment fades a bit. And because they’re lazy and comfortable.

Sorry to say.. I think you're DEAD WRONG on this one. In this case, USUALLY doesn't apply.

Bed, Bath, & Beyond was in trouble financially, but has since WENT UNDER and their TRUE DEATH SPIRAL began when they pulled the plug on Mike Lindell's "My Pillow" which angered far too many everyday people..

This Trans Movement has a HUGE amount of heterosexual people outright ANGRY because it's CONSTANTLY being SHOVED in their face. That's the MISTAKE AB made with their TRANS BEER CAN promotion.

Like myself.. most people feel "I can tolerate anyone's life style choice... just DON'T SHOVE YOUR"S in MY FACE!"

85 posted on 4/27/2023, 11:19:15 AM by VideoDoctor

Everything's a conspiracy.

quote:

To: Tilted Irish Kilt

They lose 700,000 viewers and a billion dollars from the stock dropping and Tuckers show accounted for 16% of Foxnews ad revenue.

What is the payoff that the Murdochs are getting and from who?

92 posted on 4/27/2023, 2:18:52 PM by minnesota_bound (Need more money to buy everything now)