Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bruceski posted:

Edit: on a different note, is there a valid reason this game doesn't work with AdGuard or is that a bug of some sort? First game I've had on the phone that had that issue right up front, anything else has run fine until it tried to force an ad.

I was running into the same issue with my AdGuard Home DNS blocking something and the client timing out. I got around it for a bit and then after re-enabling it I'm able to log in without any issue. Not sure what the deal is or if the client will start timing out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bruceski posted:

I tried starting this up on mobile and it's just so plodding. No skip button on cutscenes, long periods of just staring at people before it continues, I made it to meeting March 7 before I got too annoyed. Is the whole thing like this?

Yeah, it's like that in Genshin Impact too; you have to wait for everyone to nod or whatever before continuing to the next line. It does feel like it's just wasting your time sometimes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Unrelated: Is it just me, or does the music regularly stop and then never come back? PC.

Edit: Without evidence, I feel like it's the jukebox's fault.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 27, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clarste posted:

Yeah, it's like that in Genshin Impact too; you have to wait for everyone to nod or whatever before continuing to the next line. It does feel like it's just wasting your time sometimes.

Hmm, I remember Genshin being less obnoxious but maybe that was the cutscene to gameplay ratio. I'll poke it later and see if I'm in a better mood.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

dan heng sounds like he needs to take a nap

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

UHD posted:

dan heng sounds like he needs to take a nap

March won't let him

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Its Don Heng

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, I remember Genshin being less obnoxious but maybe that was the cutscene to gameplay ratio. I'll poke it later and see if I'm in a better mood.

this game honestly feels 100x less obnoxious about it than genshin, you can advance earlier in lines, character animations are way snappier rather than every line being accompanied by a slow nod, dialog is largely way more to the point

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Clarste posted:

Unrelated: Is it just me, or does the music regularly stop and then never come back? PC.

Edit: Without evidence, I feel like it's the jukebox's fault.

I have had that happen when loading into the control room during that A Brief Respite quest, and even the battles did not have any music until I quit and restarted back during the dungeon segment afterward.

On that note, I like that it saves you place in the dungeon if you quit out of the game.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Clara, where are your shoes, you live on a snow planet

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i have acquired the *"1000-year-old-i-assume" (havent met her in story yet) child dragon, game is officially anime

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 2, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

padijun posted:

March 7th froze a guards gun and told him to have an ice day.

i just did a dork laugh at that scene, 10/10

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like March is also single-handedly keeping me alive in battle. Now all I need is to get her the Constellation (or whatever they call them in this game) that lets her counterattacks scale off of DEF. March MVP in both story and gameplay.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 27, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
aaaaa how am I still missing over half of the bookshelf material, I have combed this stupid station from top to bottom aaaaa

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Cirina posted:

So I discovered that there's a secret game ending, which I really was not at all expecting.

Details: First you have to ask Herta about living on the station about five times in a row or so, then you have to tell Asta that you have Herta's permission, -then- you have to talk to Himeko and tell her you would rather stay on the station than join the express, which the game gives you about three chances to back out from. If you do all that the game gives you a few CGs and an epilogue narration giving you an overview of how that works out for you, then sends you back to the title screen and when you log back in you're before the choice which is also removed.

That was peculiar.

Anyway I really like it when the games don't just dangle the option before you, but actually go through with it like that.

Endorph posted:

this game honestly feels 100x less obnoxious about it than genshin, you can advance earlier in lines, character animations are way snappier rather than every line being accompanied by a slow nod, dialog is largely way more to the point

It's nice that I can just tap through dialogue, but slightly less nice when there's enough text that it's scrolled within its little text corral.

Wonder what level I have to be to pick up my crap from that web event. Turns out you a) have to actually confirm it once you've started, and b) be level ??? (it didn't seem to say when I looked)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive been using the name Cao in genshin without issue for like 3 years. Try to use it in Stair Rail and I get a message saying I cant. Fine, for some loving reason it let me use CaoNiMa. Played yesterday and most of today without issues, now Im "A Nameless", thanks mods lmao

It sucks going through the story and everyone calling me A NAMELESS, please let me change my name instead of hitting a cooldown where I have to wait 48 hours

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 27, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just hid in a closet and jumped out to spook a room service guy. Game owns.

Edit: Also you can interact with a ton of things in general, many of which are funny. They give you a lot of opportunities to make the protagonist act like a weirdo, it's great.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It annoys the hell out of me that neither Genshin nor Star Rail have any tooltip system at all for the PC version. But I'll give their UI designers this much: they have excellent taste in fonts.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

diehard genshin quest hater here, agree with all of this

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I just hid in a closet and jumped out to spook a room service guy. Game owns.

No, you became one with the closet. The perfect closet.

More generally, the descriptions of objects in this game are just surreal, and I'd probably find it very amusing if it didn't also mean reading through an insane amount of completely pointless text if you accidentally inspect a garbage can.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 27, 2023

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Clarste posted:

More generally, the descriptions of objects in this game are just surreal, and I'd probably find it very amusing if it didn't also mean reading through an insane amount of completely pointless text if you accidentally inspect a garbage can.

the dumpster with 10 unique lines about dumpsters appearing in other media ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf its usualyl only like 8-9 lines at most and its not like the dumpsters have animations so you can click through them very quickly

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

It really gives strong "Disco Elysium playthrough with maxed out Inland Empire" vibes sometimes. MC just making up wild-rear end fantasies in their head about the life and times of that dumpster while everyone else waits uncomfortably.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

goty

100% on board with my sarcastic gen z baseball hooligan

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't think the dialog and memos are bad, but they are 50% longer than they need to be usually.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The memos at least are definitely too long. I haven't read most of them. I'll try to get around to it at some point, since you can at least just read them later.

I like the texting stuff. IMO texting can be a great way to give characters extra characterization. It was also great in the original Steins;Gate VN (and probably the only serious loss to seeing it via the anime).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Speaking of Herta, I really love her whole follow-up attack when an enemy goes below 50% HP thing. Just like, constant spinning which also charges up her Ult super fast. I even got an achievement for getting 5 spins off a single attack somehow. Considering they have an entire path in the roguelike mode for follow-up attacks, I really hope they keep leaning into that for future characters because it's a really fun idea.

Ytlaya posted:

I like the texting stuff. IMO texting can be a great way to give characters extra characterization. It was also great in the original Steins;Gate VN (and probably the only serious loss to seeing it via the anime).

Texts are fun, but they don't really look like texts, in that everyone uses perfect grammar and capitalizes the beginning of sentences.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 27, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats mostly just a tl issue i feel like. they're at least a lot better than like, persona 5, which had that problem and also the texts were 95% just more plot recaps

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

Texts are fun, but they don't really look like texts, in that everyone uses perfect grammar and capitalizes the beginning of sentences.

not even remotely the same genre but cyberpunk 2077 does this far better. they even do silly text emotes and stuff.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I do appreciate the fact that the MC uses stickers.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Peppy is my friend. Insert that meme about killing everyone in the room and then my self here.

Also my friend: Serval, who has very little importance to the plot so far but I got a random light cone with some of her backstory on it and it is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

UHD posted:

not even remotely the same genre but cyberpunk 2077 does this far better. they even do silly text emotes and stuff.
well cyberpunk was originally written in english

i wouldnt be surprised if the original chinese was more casual/closer to actual texting but that got flattened in translation

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the texts in blue archive are great because you do get the uniqueness of each student thru their messages

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Gepard off the starter banner. gently caress me. I'm tempted to reroll.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Gepard off the starter banner. gently caress me. I'm tempted to reroll.

I've actually really grown to like him-- a big party-wide shield as an ultimate, or that you can have at the start of battle thanks to his skill, has been useful quite a few times. And I'd rather have the break potential and semi-reliable freeze of a damaging skill than a single-target shield like March.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
For the (lvl 30 spoilers) Svarog fight out of Asta, Serval, and Tingyun, would would the best to raise and bring to the fight?

Think I need to bring at least one of those as only one of my current team can take advantage of his weaknesses.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

On one hand Gepard punches which is unexpectedly cool.

On the other hand he is a cop.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

theblackw0lf posted:

For the (lvl 30 spoilers) Svarog fight out of Asta, Serval, and Tingyun, would would the best to raise and bring to the fight?

Think I need to bring at least one of those as only one of my current team can take advantage of his weaknesses.

Dan Heng legit will solve the problem hard, even at level 20 since he brings enough elemental break. Save his ult to one-shot break bars. And I had no support otherwise on my team.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

theblackw0lf posted:

I think I used Dan, Serval, Tingyun, and Nat. Fox girl buffing Dan does a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Finally gave up on 100% exploration of the space station, now moving onto the next place. Pulled Qingque off the starter banner and wow, I think I have another favorite character.