Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1651235835080056833
We never threatened muh nooks first, Joe Biden did, please ignore the near constant rattling about them since the beginning of the war and the three failed nuclear tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
also their music fuckin sucks aesthetically and on a purely technical level
utter dogshit

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah we know they suck and moved on thanks dude stop necroing the stupid Nazi band discussion

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Drone_Fragger posted:

The only thing I think ive ever specifically bought from a russian company, ever, was antivirus software when kapersky was ok.

Even vodka you're better off getting from poland or Ukraine since its not as likely to get you methanol poisoning.

At the grocery store I worked at I noticed none of our vodka was made in Russia so I asked if we should put up a sign. Now, I don't want to dredge up stuff but I've wondered if all Odinists are also white supremacists. I mean it America it's especially awkward because more American's exposure to Nordic myth is Marvel so it was created by Jews.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Lammasu posted:

At the grocery store I worked at I noticed none of our vodka was made in Russia so I asked if we should put up a sign. Now, I don't want to dredge up stuff but I've wondered if all Odinists are also white supremacists. I mean it America it's especially awkward because more American's exposure to Nordic myth is Marvel so it was created by Jews.

Most of the white-supremacist types back their way into it - they're fans of the Nazis, the Nazis adopted a fair bit of Norse symbology, so they get into it that way.

There's plenty of honest heathens (and other varieties of neo-pagan) that don't buy into white supremacy in the slightest. They generally got into the faith because they found more mainstream religions lacking in some way, but needed another way to meet needs for spirituality or community or a host of other elements of the human animal.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lammasu posted:

not all are

but a lot of white supremacists are, they try to use it in prisons to get white-racist-only religious gatherings

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lammasu posted:

There is a growing contingent of Odinists, Nordic inspired and Nordic heathens who loudly reject right wing appropriation of their beliefs. Are there nazis? Yes, but there are people fighting back.

I still wouldn’t advertise that it’s not from Russia, however I would denote origin as if you would denote the origin for every other liquor. You can get the point across without singling anything out or generating some smoothbrained tantrum from some chud.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Being originally German there is a 100% chance that Nazis were actually hardcore catholics. My guess is that the nordic symbology is more of a tie to celtic symbology of old since germanic peoples were celts (and by proxy roman such as the eagle).

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BrassRoots posted:

Being originally German there is a 100% chance that Nazis were actually hardcore catholics. My guess is that the nordic symbology is more of a tie to celtic symbology of old since germanic peoples were celts (and by proxy roman such as the eagle).

Half of Germany is Protestant, including the militaristic Prussians that were such a basis for the unified German state the Nazis took over. And the Germanic people were not Celts, they were Germanic. Celts were Celts. These are two completely different linguistic groups.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah wtf. Which cereal box did you learn ancient history from?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah wtf. Which cereal box did you learn ancient history from?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

now that's history they don't learn you in no schools these days

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BrassRoots posted:

Goodness knows folk have already tackled the latter point, but when it comes to the former, the Nazis worked to limit the powers of the Catholic church in Germany while they were in power. There was a distinct anti-Catholic movement within the Nazis (admittedly, nowhere near as strongly as other enacted policies, but still).

Now, I'm not going to say NO Catholics were Nazis, that's stupid. But I wouldn't think a 'hardcore' Catholic would be a Nazi.

...not that that means they would have been a nice person either.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Next up: British Israelites put forward by poster

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Samovar posted:

Goodness knows folk have already tackled the latter point, but when it comes to the former, the Nazis worked to limit the powers of the Catholic church in Germany while they were in power. There was a distinct anti-Catholic movement within the Nazis (admittedly, nowhere near as strongly as other enacted policies, but still).

Now, I'm not going to say NO Catholics were Nazis, that's stupid. But I wouldn't think a 'hardcore' Catholic would be a Nazi.

...not that that means they would have been a nice person either.

let me tell you about the previous pope

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

This may have been posted and I missed it...

https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-russia-war-abrams-tanks-94294a9c1e1acc50098afa440bcb4d40

US speeds up Abrams tank delivery to Ukraine war zone

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon is speeding up its delivery of Abrams tanks to Ukraine, opting to send a refurbished older model that can be ready faster, with the aim of getting the 70-ton battle powerhouses to the war zone by the fall, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

The original plan was to send Ukraine 31 of the newer M1A2 Abrams, which could have taken a year or two to build and ship. But officials said the decision was made to send the older M1A1 version, which can be taken from Army stocks. Officials said the M1A1 also will be easier for Ukrainian forces to learn to use and maintain as they fight the invading Russian forces.

“This is about getting this important combat capability into the hands of the Ukrainians sooner rather than later,” said Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, the Pentagon press secretary.

Possibly completely coincidental... Tonight I was driving across southern AZ and stopped at a rest area along I-8. Noticed a train coming so since I was stretching my legs I wandered over where I could watch it go by... Was surprised to see that it wasn't a typical freight train, rather it was all flatbeds carrying various military vehicles, including at least 28 Abrams (was dark and I may have missed some). Also on the train, a bunch of Humvee's, M113's, Bradley's, and some sort of self propelled artillery (Paladin's?). Also lots of support type vehicles.

Train was headed east.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BrassRoots posted:

Was sogst du mia?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HKR posted:

let me tell you about the previous pope

You mean the Pope whose family members were killed by the Nazis and then was forcibly conscripted into the Hitlerjugend?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Big Otis? This is obviously Luciano Pavarotti.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Big Otis? This is obviously Luciano Pavarotti.

Also known for his work on Sliders.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Fresh remains of an air-to-ground missile with Russian markings were found in a forrest outside of Bydgoszcz in Poland. This is nowhere near Ukraine but not that far from Kaliningrad. Poland is very hush about it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Article :f5:

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Mokotow posted:

Fresh remains of an air-to-ground missile with Russian markings were found in a forrest outside of Bydgoszcz in Poland. This is nowhere near Ukraine but not that far from Kaliningrad. Poland is very hush about it.

Wow, really? Bydgoszcz is still like 150 miles from Kaliningrad.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1651494541503913985

Which one of you bought one. Reveal yourselves and don't make me go into the car threads.

Mokotow posted:

Yo what the gently caress that's way deep into the country (and worryingly close to my own gd backyard, too)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dang $35k an engine

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I sporadically do viking reenactment, and one of the arrangements is a folk metal festival + viking handicrafts market mashup. I can only imagine the amount of background checks and monitoring they do on both the booked bands, the vikings, and the visitors, because I haven't seen anything obviously right wing there (fortunately).

It may help that the vikings tend more "high school history teacher lady nearing retirement age" [literally my mom] and less "angry young man looking for a support group".

I do wonder if we have any actual believing heathens. Probably, but it seems impolite to ask.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Which one of you bought one. Reveal yourselves and don't make me go into the car threads.

Yo what the gently caress that's way deep into the country (and worryingly close to my own gd backyard, too)

Oh those seven engines were exactly what threw off Russia's three day SMO timetables :(

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Mud status: yes.

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1651447328652378113

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Opening up the engine compartment of your ~hightech NATO-smasher tank~ and it's just a confused raccoon family starring back at you

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1651513254672228352
Oh no, anyway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hope he falls out a window.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope he falls out a window.

Oh no, bloodlust.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Serves them right for having a general who looks like he was drawn by dall e

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

he's seriously one of the weirdest looking human beings i've ever seen

benjamin button looking motherfucker

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Short-sleeved dress uniform shirt?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Kith posted:

He sold the sleeves

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Kith posted:

Or an Oblivion npc

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I always assume anyone actually charged was actually doing their jobs honestly and got in the way of some generals corruption.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GABA ghoul posted:

Opening up the engine compartment of your ~hightech NATO-smasher tank~ and it's just a confused raccoon family starring back at you

I am callink the big one Blyaty :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Kith posted:

Hellraiser Ray Wise