Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
So I got a red text, which whatever, it happens, but the person put the phrase 'you tedious bitch' in there and I try to avoid the word bitch and calling people that bc I'm afab and it's got a complicated history so uh. Could someone remove that last part of my red text, please?

I'm not asking for the whole thing to be removed bc that's not fair, just the hateful Dennis Reynolds'-style misogyny portion at the end to be removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

StrangersInTheNight posted:

So I got a red text, which whatever, it happens, but the person put the phrase 'you tedious bitch' in there and I try to avoid the word bitch and calling people that bc I'm afab and it's got a complicated history so uh. Could someone remove that last part of my red text, please?

I'm not asking for the whole thing to be removed bc that's not fair, just the hateful Dennis Reynolds'-style misogyny portion at the end to be removed.

I actually tried reporting the post you made in r/relationships asking for someone to remove that for you and got an auto-message that it had already been reported, so hopefully that is in the works.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

linky to the tedious post pls?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That’s an extremely weird thing to give someone red text over

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s an extremely weird thing to give someone red text over

let me be the judge of that when the luink is produced

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Just change your username to "Tedious Bitch", OP.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It should now be just as topical but a bit less mean, I think.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Quackles posted:

It should now be just as topical but a bit less mean, I think.

i think this may be the first thing the 2 gbs feedback threads have accomplished to date? (old thread still not goldmined)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

seth goldmine the other thread please i'm begging you

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
its great thank you! and hey yeah look the thread is doing things! good job thread.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Space Kablooey posted:

seth goldmine the other thread please i'm begging you

I'll have to discuss this. It may be goodmine worthy at least

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'll have to discuss this. It may be goodmine worthy at least

weren't you vagueposting about how things were happening behind the scenes and to hold on for a bit, or something, at the end of the last thread though? I don't really care either way but it seems like just a pretty straightforward yes or no kinda thing, how much can you even say about moving a link to a thread to a different place. Is there like a 239 page long megathread on this subject in the mod forum or something? Cause that would be awful and you should vote 1.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Steadiman posted:

weren't you vagueposting about how things were happening behind the scenes and to hold on for a bit, or something, at the end of the last thread though? I don't really care either way but it seems like just a pretty straightforward yes or no kinda thing, how much can you even say about moving a link to a thread to a different place. Is there like a 239 page long megathread on this subject in the mod forum or something? Cause that would be awful and you should vote 1.

I did because we were discussing spr's perma and I thought they may use a reason in that thread as the perma post. They didn't though so I guess in the end I'm probably not gonna goldmine it unless someone above me thinks it's worthy of that

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tragically, the Jeffrey chaos dunk is likely more goldmine worthy. The GBS feedback thread is merely tangential to it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I did because we were discussing spr's perma and I thought they may use a reason in that thread as the perma post. They didn't though so I guess in the end I'm probably not gonna goldmine it unless someone above me thinks it's worthy of that

That’s fair. Like I said I don’t actually care because the thread wasn’t really funny outside of that little moment but this feels like a much better answer than the vague “looking into it” stuff.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah I try not to get ahead of discussions or tip the hand if there even are discussions when it comes to that. I apologize for the vagueness but in that case I felt it was warranted

Probably should have just made a determination on that afterwards though - that was my fault

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly in every possible format.

You could always un-goldmine a thread if for some reason it.. didn't need to be there? Also who could ever care if something wasn't quite noteworthy enough to be goldmined?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Also who could ever care if something wasn't quite noteworthy enough to be goldmined?

The goddamn Secretary General of the UN himself knocking down Seth's door to demand answers for frivolous goldmining

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That's how serious it sounds like someone somewhere is taking this poo poo XD

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah I try not to get ahead of discussions or tip the hand if there even are discussions when it comes to that. I apologize for the vagueness but in that case I felt it was warranted

Probably should have just made a determination on that afterwards though - that was my fault

I think it should be moved somewhere accessible, at least. I gave some responses in there I'd like to be able to refer to, and I think the thread merits at least the Goodmine. I'm not sure where you put it or I'd go ahead and move it myself.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok yeah it's goodmined

Another feedback success story!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok yeah it's goodmined

Thanks!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

link to gold mined thread you tedious admins? :hehe:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wendigee posted:

link to gold mined thread you tedious admins? :hehe:

here you go!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok yeah it's goodmined

We need a gbs success stories thread tbat will be stickied and updated like 3 times a year.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flowers for QAnon posted:

How can you post something like this and still say you are arguing in good faith? This is an honest question.

It is both factually wrong, and a deliberate misrepresentation of the probe reason.

I don’t think you are actually dumb as a brick, so how else should we view it, other than you thinking the reader is dumb/misinformed enough to believe it, and hope the telephone game takes it the rest of the way?

There’s been a bit of a thing with people trolling threads and then complaining to mods that the IKs/posters don’t like it which is kind of confusing. Like, if you’re going to post that way then take your lumps.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

There’s been a bit of a thing with people trolling threads and then complaining to mods that the IKs/posters don’t like it which is kind of confusing. Like, if you’re going to post that way then take your lumps.

We just try to keep things fair and balanced around here for all posters, GBS regulars or otherwise

Ticket closed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

We just try to keep things fair and balanced around here for all posters, GBS regulars or otherwise

Ticket closed

:thanks:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I love a woman that can kick my rear end (but please don't I hate pain I'm a soft boi).

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I love a woman that can kick my rear end (but please don't I hate pain I'm a soft boi).

Not our problem. Ticket closed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
free sid. free the pixelated anus.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chinatown posted:

I have it on good authority that the ghost of Kirk Johnson is displeased with the happenings in the Friday thread

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't even see the goatman anymore, it's like looking at the matrix. "Blonde... Brunette."

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 29, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

wait what happened to sid

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wtf. on teh mans birthday... in the friday thread...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

wtf. on teh mans birthday... in the friday thread...

just checked the LC and lmoa 2 u goon sire

ticket closed

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hosed up. Sid did nothing wrong.
:nws: :nws: NOT SAFE FOR WORK> :nws: :nws:

:nws: :nws: :nws:

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 29, 2023