Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/bucks/status/1398729495562051585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

runaway pancake posted:

lol if phil jackson was on your championship team as a player and not a coach

Congratulations New York Knicks on your date with the Miami Heat, with home court advantage.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm tellin' y'all, people gotta be careful talking poo poo

I said the Suns would "walk" to a title after getting to the Finals and we all know what happened

The Suns talked poo poo last year and got clowned by the Mavs

The Mavs ENDLESSLY talked poo poo after that and missed the playoffs

Ja said the Grizz were "fine in the West" and quite well might be a first round exit

Sports karma may in fact be real

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Knicks/Heat in a dirty, ugly series where neither team has a shot at the title after feels so right. Just need a scuffle where Thibs grabs onto Jimmy’s leg.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Are Toronto and Milwaukee just gonna swap coaches here? Would Bud be someone who would immediately get another job or is he gonna have to be an assistant for a while?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nah, I hate the Dubs more than any other team playing and even I can say that series has whipped rear end

This might be the best first round ever

:hfive:

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
The Play-In has been legitimized for at least a couple decades.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I said the Suns would "walk" to a title after getting to the Finals and we all know what happened

Ja said the Grizz were "fine in the West" and quite well might be a first round exit

Are you talking about the Bucks talking poo poo in 2021, or the goon talking poo poo by digging up a tweet from 2021?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'm sure Whyte Ryce was at the Kings game tonight. I hope he's ok.

He probably stole an entire row of seats on his way out

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Jubs posted:

Why are there a lot more jump ball tie-ups in the NCAA than in the NBA?

It's gotta be the arrow. That and college players are worse, coaches telling kids to use two hands to attempt dispossession of the ball instead of one quick swipe that risks a foul.

Also college players are just generally worse at handles resulting in more loose balls.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Me talking to Jerry Reinsdorf on the phone after the latest James Butler games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w5ZRmBUah4

TheKevman posted:

I don't have access to all the stuff (or know how to use it like some of you here) but IF the warriors finish the Kings and advance and IF the Lakers finish the grizz and advance, that'd be the first time in my 25ish years of paying attention to basketball that I can remember a 6 seed having homecourt.

Others?

The 1987 Western Conference Semifinals had a six vs. seven matchup: https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1987-nba-western-conference-semifinals-supersonics-vs-rockets.html

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

Are you talking about the Bucks talking poo poo in 2021, or the goon talking poo poo by digging up a tweet from 2021?

The former.

If you're an rear end in a top hat about sports, eventually it'll come back around, sometimes sooner sometimes later

Just be prepared, life comes at you fast is all I'm sayin'

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I felt like the Kings/Warriors series was kind of over as soon as Barnes whiffed on that final shot.

The Sports Gods do not look kindly upon giving you a once-in-a-lifetime chance of Steph Curry inexplicably pulling a Chris Webber and NOT taking advantage of it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Goddamn, the Milwaukee Bucks ain't poo poo apparently

If Giannis had shot FTs like that in the finals CP3 would have a ring right now, what a meltdown

Also if LeBron got Giannis's whistles he'd have broken the record years ago

i'm glad we can finally talk about what matters tonight, cp3

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The former.

If you're an rear end in a top hat about sports, eventually it'll come back around, sometimes sooner sometimes later

Just be prepared, life comes at you fast is all I'm sayin'

Counterpoint - Michael Jordan

I don't think being a lovely executive for Charlotte counts

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Your work does not go unnoticed or unappreciated my good man :patriot:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

DC Murderverse posted:

Are Toronto and Milwaukee just gonna swap coaches here? Would Bud be someone who would immediately get another job or is he gonna have to be an assistant for a while?

He won a title and has quite a few good regular seasons under his belt, even if he has a few playoff series where he’s been badly out-coached. He’d be good for any team looking to make the first or second round.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

This is incredible.

https://twitter.com/JKeller5/status/1651450886839779328

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

i am a moron posted:

Everyone will be forgotten eventually but TD had five championships in 15 years and is a 15x all star so what kinda timeline are you sad he’s being forgotten on? Certainly not my lifetime

History can be fickle. Very few care that Sam Jones won ten titles. Duncan basically had a QD in the finals and it didn't get the accolades one would think.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Giannis had shot FTs like that in the finals CP3 would have a ring right now, what a meltdown

Yes, his FT and 3P shooting worsened this year while the league on average improved.

Sending Giannis to the line is damaging to the Bucks.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I felt like the Kings/Warriors series was kind of over as soon as Barnes whiffed on that final shot.

The Sports Gods do not look kindly upon giving you a once-in-a-lifetime chance of Steph Curry inexplicably pulling a Chris Webber and NOT taking advantage of it.

This. This entirely.

And I'm not saying it's done necessarily, because it's not and that's why they play etc., but it's going to be a hell of a struggle for the kings to come back and take it. Certainly won't count DeAaron Fox out though, he has been magnificent.

I thought there was no way the dubs would take 4 straight from the Kings but here we are on the precipice. Crazy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

i'm glad we can finally talk about what matters tonight, cp3

Look I'm being an entirely reasonable human being right now, can you please not antagonize me?

It was an observation about the fact that Giannis shot really goddamn well from the line in the Finals and it won him a title and in general he's shot at least okay since then so it kinda shocks me that his FT shooting regressed by like three years tonight.

Sorry I framed it in a context that was objectionable, all I meant was Giannis shooting like a beast in the Finals won them the Finals.

predicto posted:

Counterpoint - Michael Jordan

I don't think being a lovely executive for Charlotte counts

Okay, so he's the one guy to avoid the curse. Still kinda feel exception that proves the rule on that one.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Look I'm being an entirely reasonable human being right now, can you please not antagonize me?

It was an observation about the fact that Giannis shot really goddamn well from the line in the Finals and it won him a title and in general he's shot at least okay since then so it kinda shocks me that his FT shooting regressed by like three years tonight.

Sorry I framed it in a context that was objectionable, all I meant was Giannis shooting like a beast in the Finals won them the Finals.

:allears: I've missed you, Foochs :allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKevman posted:

:allears: I've missed you, Foochs :allears:

I mean am I wrong? It might be weird to people that I specifically mentioned CP3 but is there anything else about the observation that was incorrect?

Giannis was playing like 2019 Giannis tonight or something.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Now that Pop has started to check out, Spo is the best coach in the league now, and it's not really close IMO

That team is half G-Leaguers and just knocked out the team with the best regular season record

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It might be weird to people that I specifically mentioned CP3

Not even a little bit :laugh:

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

predicto posted:

Now that Pop has started to check out, Spo is the best coach in the league now, and it's not really close IMO

That team is half G-Leaguers and just knocked out the team with the best regular season record

Criminally underrated for years, I think SAS was ahead of the curve on this one though as people on the outside were doing the lovely "well anyone can win with the big 3" arguments but then they kept winning...and keep winning...dudes a mack.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKevman posted:

Not even a little bit :laugh:

Alright alright, I'll see myself out.

Playoff basketball rules, even when the Warriors win (sometimes)

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

predicto posted:

That's just the Jimmy special. He'll take those two G-League peasants, the muffin-maker's boy, and that there mangy goat.

He'll beat your big three with anybody because Jimmy's boys want it more, and your big three got complacent.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well this sucks.

Just checking who's left.

Go Suns I guess

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Matt_Reynoldson/status/1651457395866869765

We stan a king with healthy perspective

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Chairchucker posted:

Well this sucks.

Just checking who's left.

Go Suns I guess

Kings aren't dead yet. If you're looking for underdogs.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

great answer

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

Kings aren't dead yet. If you're looking for underdogs.

I like Kings too, but I tend to cheer for Rubio adjacent teams once he's out.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the cavs released kevin love because he couldn't fit into their lineup

kevin love has already won 3 more playoff games than the cavs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Beautiful.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

the cavs released kevin love because he couldn't fit into their lineup

kevin love has already won 3 more playoff games than the cavs

They released Kevin Love because he asked for a buyout for the third season in a row.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the cavs refusal to use a good stretch big that they could easily cover for on defense is still so baffling to me but whatever love always wins

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Series ain’t over yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1651441200279220225

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

i fuckin love this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/sXDsIiV.mp4