Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

fired up dota for the first time in about 4 months, jumped into turbo to get a quick feel for the patch, went 11-0 as a mid ogre with a Heart

himbo ogre is best ogre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

which of the patch changes crippled natures prophet? he's the 2nd lowest winrate in a patch where you'd think porting round the map would be insanely strong

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Google "TI3 Fountain Hook". This used to be a fan favourite back in the day.

I watched that live and the anticipation for that game when it became clear Dendi was going to play Pudge was amazing.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

which of the patch changes crippled natures prophet? he's the 2nd lowest winrate in a patch where you'd think porting round the map would be insanely strong

nerfed all his treants into the ground

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
NP is one of those heroes that gets changed a bit and it seems like the hero's been murdered and after a couple of months it turns out that being able to globally teleport makes you a pretty good hero basically no matter what the rest of your kit does, so I figure he'll be back eventually

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

NtotheTC posted:

the best carries of the patch poo poo all over him

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Even when NP summons have been bad in the past he's had builds where he could go mek/auras/solar crest and turn up to a fight and be useful, there's no item in the game that's bad for him tbh

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Heart, tranquil boots, phylactery, Aether lens, Midas, meteor hammer prophet seems pretty bad. Just sayin’. :haw:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It kinda feels like someone at Valve really hates NP because for every other hero that had a bad winrate in pubs but was cancer in pro matches they managed to get them into a state where they were reasonable in both.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

DNK posted:

Heart, tranquil boots, phylactery, Aether lens, Midas, meteor hammer prophet seems pretty bad. Just sayin’. :haw:

I kinda wanna try Phylactery on him honestly, if it applies to casting sprout directly on enemies it could be kinda sick?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I hate it when you sacrifice yourself to set up the carry for success and he's top networth at 10min, then he just immediately steps on every rake after that. There's a limit to how many bad decisions you can make, and of what magnitude, no matter how hard your team is winning.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lost a game after we had megacreeps yesterday.............

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I haven't played ranked in a decade but I've been jamming Undying every time I get support. It feels like it's impossible not to get a couple kills before the eight minute mark if your lane partner is paying attention at all. Still haven't been able to use the bunker upgrade to great effect, but it is funny when big Undying gets in and makes the tombstone expand.

The amount of people who still ignore tormentors entirely is aggravating. I had an OD whining about me building Pipe first on Axe, if you just hovered 15 feet to the left I could show you the utility of this decision my friend.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

"I have to show up on the side of the map just so some dumb support can get a shard????"

Even my IRL buddy bitched about doing a tormentor last night

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I do feel like the tormentors make pipe feel more necessary for someone on the team to have and continues to make the offlane hero be the dedicated "big guy who builds auras" role, which I was hoping could be shaken up with this patch

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Tormentors get ignored even in joke arcade mode 12v12. You'd think a few people would be standing around with nothing better to do but no.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

On the other hand I do wish some of my teams weren't so eager to sit just outside the enemy's still-standing t2 while their carry farms and pushes the other two lanes completely uncontested because we just gotta steal their tormentor. They're nifty but honestly not worth taking a teamfight over unless you're already winning.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I am having an absolute blast with New Ogre as either 2 or 3.

Although my buddy got so mad at me for not going Dagon the other day lol. Old patch I'd probably agree, but there's such little STR on it which just feels awful.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

All real life friends suck at dota

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

All real life friends suck at dota

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i don't know why but "absolute farbage" made me crack up

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't get the mindset of being so upset at a teammate's mistake, actual or perceived, that you just actively and intentionally stop trying to win the game at all. Like, they see another core player building the wrong item and go "okay well I'm going to stop showing up to fights or doing anything useful, goodbye and gently caress you all". Why do this! Just play Dota!

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

If there's anything in life that can remind me how weak i am mentally it's laning in Dota with an idiot.

Just leaving the lane is not the best move for the game, but it does prevent me tilting like a pinball machine.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

As a support player I'm always laning with an idiot

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Idk what people think "saves" are, but when you ping me to go pull then you go stand in the creep wave and take harass from two ranged enemies, I don't have any spells that can help you out bud

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

If there's anything in life that can remind me how weak i am mentally it's laning in Dota with an idiot.

Just leaving the lane is not the best move for the game, but it does prevent me tilting like a pinball machine.

It actually often is, if you're losing the lane. I think lower-level players are more likely to feel glued to their lanes for longer, but if you're getting poo poo on in lane (whether it's your lanemate's fault or not), you don't have to keep going back for more. Make something happen in a different lane, go scrape together some jungle farm in between waves, try for a lane swap... all much better than the enemy offlaner or carry being 5-0 at 10:00.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Some carry players can't even handle dying once in the laning phase. Doesn't matter if the lane was perfect before that point, or whether you get 2 return kills after they died.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TOOT BOOT posted:

Some carry players can't even handle dying once in the laning phase. Doesn't matter if the lane was perfect before that point, or whether you get 2 return kills after they died.

tbf sometimes as carry if you die, tp to lane and die again its basically game over

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
This is a dope grimstroke patch which means its a good patch. Tons of riki pickers so you always have a good swell partner, tons of enemy medusa picks so you can get an aghs and just right click it on the rest of the enemies. Plus the buff so illusions get the mana shield means that your portrait is pretty tanky so you chunk everyone down to at least half health before they can kill it. Dota is good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Having a fun time with Earth Spirit this patch, buff to Q is so nice for getting ranged creeps, the rescaling to your stone charges feels great - it's so hard to run low unless you are blowing 4 or 5 with your first ultimate.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Saying this is a Medusa patch might be understating it a little...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Saying this is a Medusa patch might be understating it a little...

Lol, where are those stats from? I checked dota2protracker myself, and Medusa has a greater then 50% winrate at 1/4/5 but lower at 2/3. Medusa patch indeed.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

Lol, where are those stats from? I checked dota2protracker myself, and Medusa has a greater then 50% winrate at 1/4/5 but lower at 2/3. Medusa patch indeed.

Stratz, and that's from all rank tiers.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
How does support Medusa work, anyway?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Your are gonna be mega tanky compared to other supports, so you right click someone down and snake them up and just bully the poo poo out of your lane. Get in faces, snake people, and ULT in team fights. Buy stuff like force, glimmer, pavise and other team help poo poo. Pump your mana Regen for more tank. Always be snaking

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If i go support medusa i fully expect my entire team to meltdown and give up within minutes

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It does kind of suck how there's no room to try a hero in a different role in your pubs unless it's something a pro player has already signed off on as being good. Even in unranked you are expected to play what is currently good and already be good at it.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Geight posted:

It does kind of suck how there's no room to try a hero in a different role in your pubs unless it's something a pro player has already signed off on as being good. Even in unranked you are expected to play what is currently good and already be good at it.

Just do it and ignore the other dogs you dog

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sure, but that sucks for everyone and isn't very good practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Geight posted:

Sure, but that sucks for everyone and isn't very good practice.

You gotta make a stack