Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

90,000$ loan from a close friend ok hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I bought my million dollar home and now i am able to live there for only 800 bucks a month

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

when I saw that was the "rent" in a nice mini in boulder I knew it wasn't rent.

I didn't see the sq ft but if it's more than 200 the rental market value would be $2k.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How is that arrangement any better than a normal manufactured house in a trailer park? $150k+ is well into giant doublewide territory and it's almost certainly better built than her thing at that point.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Probably renting the spot from the same person who loaned her the 90 grand

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

How is that arrangement any better than a normal manufactured house in a trailer park? $150k+ is well into giant doublewide territory and it's almost certainly better built than her thing at that point.

trailer parks are for poor people

tiny homes are for rich people

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
shes actually paying less than the going rate of lot fees in most trailer parks near bolder

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

mystery solved:

I pay $690 a month for a real house

That was the norm up until the early 2010s

Apr 7, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

It isn't different in any way, shape, or form, except for appearances.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Twerk from Home posted:

the times will write about one and ignore the other, that’s the only difference

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

I pay $725 a month in housing costs, which covers a parking space (in the backyard of someone’s home, which I found through a local Facebook group), internet, water and electricity.

In Boulder. Which means it's only a matter of time before the HOA pushes her out.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol at the other links:
  • This 26-year-old pays $0 to live in a ‘luxury tiny home’ she built for $35,000 in her backyard—take a look inside
  • This 65-year-old retiree just moved to a $420 per month apartment in Mexico by the beach
  • A Harvard-trained economist shares his top 21 money rules: ‘Own your home, don’t rent—and try to buy in cash

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ill try to buy in cash but i will certainly fail because i have no money

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

blatman posted:

drat, foiled again by woke culture...curses!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

mystery solved:

What’s $90,000 between friends

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

lol flips

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

blatman posted:

what absolute gently caress advice I hope Harvard burns

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
goddamn the sloped shower ceiling sucks so bad

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

That looks real uncomfortable unless you're very short. I would be bashing the back of my skull into that slope, especially first thing in the morning trying to wake up and shower. Hellish, lol

I do like the little plant in the shower though, everyone needs a lil' plant buddy. more than you need a shower curtain evidently

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dare you enter the realm of shower rhombus

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

When it absolutely must have a ceiling mounted shower head. I do like that the fancy staged photo still has a burned out vanity light.

Apr 7, 2003

lol that shower's absolutely going to leak and rot out everything under it within five years

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
There's no way to mount a shower curtain across it, either

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

palindrome posted:

That looks real uncomfortable unless you're very short. I would be bashing the back of my skull into that slope, especially first thing in the morning trying to wake up and shower. Hellish, lol

I do like the little plant in the shower though, everyone needs a lil' plant buddy. more than you need a shower curtain evidently

the faucet is completely flush against the shower. id be bashing my legs into it for sure.

Apr 7, 2003

I see poo poo like that around here all the time, seems really common with older houses that only had one bathroom because one bathroom is kryptonite in the modern market.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I see poo poo like that around here all the time, seems really common with older houses that only had one bathroom because one bathroom is kryptonite in the modern market.

we as a people are bathing too much

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I hate this but what I hate even more is that this poo poo works, because new and trendy will absolute outweigh practicality, livability, or quality in most people's minds.

It's the entire reason you can build million dollar "luxury" homes with LVP that makes the cheapest poo poo you can find at Home Depot look good and it loving sucks.

Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

I hate this but what I hate even more is that this poo poo works, because new and trendy will absolute outweigh practicality, livability, or quality in most people's minds.

It's the entire reason you can build million dollar "luxury" homes with LVP that makes the cheapest poo poo you can find at Home Depot look good and it loving sucks.

We're currently looking for a rowhouse in a more walkable part of the city, and people are retrofitting this poo poo into those houses even though it doesn't work; walk-in closets, double vanity bathrooms, etc in 1880s houses that results in captive rooms / staircases, completely inefficient use of space, etc. The market is eating that poo poo up too, the lovely renos fly off the market faster than you can blink.

I don't care about having a 15'x15' double vanity bathroom with a tub + walk in shower since I just poo poo and shower in there but apparently everyone else does.

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2120-Sidney-St-Pittsburgh-PA-15203/11290774_zpid/

I went to see this house, the gutters are majorly hosed on all sides and the brick is damaged by water leaking from those gutters. Easily a five figure fix. There's one bathroom in the house and it's off the main bedroom. Third floor stairs are in a closet in the main bedroom. Went contingent in one week because it's got the HGTV gray poo poo.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’m pretty sure I have 2 full bathrooms in my 1920s house because it started as 2 units. I have tried to see if it was a sears house but I found very similar designs that were marketed as double bungalows where you live with a renter to pay off our house.

also my kid’s room upstairs used to be a tiny kitchen.

I got pre approved for 530k based off my sub 100k salary and what sale proceeds I get for my house. if we had to move tomorrow for my job and my spouse still can’t find a new job we’d be eating less than raman from the 3100k mortgage payments if we went the max. unfortunately houses where we got to be are 400k and up. we may not move until next year, depending on job market. anywhere cheaper and my commute and quality of life would be not great.

I really feel for people who can’t even get to the house part or other things. like if we didn’t buy in 2017 in our underpriced Midwest market then we’d be screwed trying to buy anything in a larger metro.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2120-Sidney-St-Pittsburgh-PA-15203/11290774_zpid/

I went to see this house, the gutters are majorly hosed on all sides and the brick is damaged by water leaking from those gutters. Easily a five figure fix. There's one bathroom in the house and it's off the main bedroom. Third floor stairs are in a closet in the main bedroom. Went contingent in one week because it's got the HGTV gray poo poo.

Around here it's mostly 50s-era split-level ranch homes that have been nonsensically converted into open concepts. Since most of them are 1.5 bathrooms, the end result is that your entire house is one giant room and if you have kids they're gonna need to walk through your bedroom to reach the shower, because the master bathroom is (of course) an en suite now.

Also heating and cooling is a nightmare on these things because they're all close to 2000 sq. ft. and you can't effectively zone them.

Apr 7, 2003

sonatinas posted:

I got pre approved for 530k based off my sub 100k salary and what sale proceeds

I got preapproved for nearly $800K and they didn't even consider my current house in that, we're cruising towards 2008 at light speed

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

I got preapproved for nearly $800K and they didn't even consider my current house in that, we're cruising towards 2008 at light speed

:thermidor:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm just hoping that I'll eventually get approved for $250k lmao

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

that nice low 1.62 tax rate though :smith:

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

that nice low 1.62 tax rate though :smith:

City earned income tax is 3% and there will absolutely be a reassessment after sale to what they paid at 22.99 mills

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm just hoping that I'll eventually get approved for $250k lmao

:cry:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

there comes a point where you just abandon a place to the incredibly wealthy and incredibly stupid

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

rip

:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Stu and Frances finally make it to Boulder, only for Mother Abigail to tell them that they can't afford to live there