Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
twin peaks guy and the stranger from lost highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

GABA ghoul posted:

Opening up the engine compartment of your ~hightech NATO-smasher tank~ and it's just a confused raccoon family starring back at you

If they had a whole family of raccoons just living in empty tank engine housings why did they have to steal the one from the Kherson zoo? really makes one think

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

zone posted:

If they had a whole family of raccoons just living in empty tank engine housings why did they have to steal the one from the Kherson zoo? really makes one think

Uh duh, he needed something to replace those engines with.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kith posted:

he's seriously one of the weirdest looking human beings i've ever seen

benjamin button looking motherfucker

Russian Mr Bean lookin' rear end.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1651537506184097792
9 mechanized brigades' worth of gear. Let's see what Ukraine can do with them after the mud stops giving them problems.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Alan Smithee posted:

twin peaks guy and the stranger from lost highway

Uncanny

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
I'm holding all my fingers that this counter-offensive will work. Russian invaders, gently caress off!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

I wonder how is mud season in south of Ukraine where most people expect counteroffensive (or main portion of it) to happen, climate in south of Ukraine is drier.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1651565422175481856
Common Russian L

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Computer viking posted:

I sporadically do viking reenactment, and one of the arrangements is a folk metal festival + viking handicrafts market mashup. I can only imagine the amount of background checks and monitoring they do on both the booked bands, the vikings, and the visitors, because I haven't seen anything obviously right wing there (fortunately).

It may help that the vikings tend more "high school history teacher lady nearing retirement age" [literally my mom] and less "angry young man looking for a support group".

I do wonder if we have any actual believing heathens. Probably, but it seems impolite to ask.

Unless they go pillaging and raiding on longships, they can't be vikings. 'Viking handicrafts' is a big time misnomer and your high school history teacher ladies should know that :colbert:

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

My posting station.

(Fbi photo of discord leakers bedroom)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

What a trashy looking, cringe closet of a room.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

The most unhealthiest people in the military are the ones that become so obsessed with their service that its their entire identity.

Seen here in Exhibit A.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

Wasn't this guy a computer toucher that worked in a office somewhere?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CommieGIR posted:

The most unhealthiest people in the military are the ones that become so obsessed with their service that its their entire identity.

Seen here in Exhibit A.

SNIPER MEME HAHAHAH I was an 88 mike

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

I refuse to believe this is real!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Geisladisk posted:

Wasn't this guy a computer toucher that worked in a office somewhere?

Was a Cyber guy assigned to an Intel group, so yes.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 27, 2023

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Are MTG and friends still trying to prop this loser up as a Real American Hero™

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Phyein posted:

Are MTG and friends still trying to prop this loser up as a Real American Hero™

Somewhat, but guess who else is?

Chapo Trap House.

Cugel the Clever posted:

A variety of the usual pro-Putin crowd and their followers, yeah. Greenwald and Taibbi and the usual suspects in the "heterodox" sphere, of course, but Chapo had some :yikes: things to say.
https://twitter.com/PostLeftWatch/status/1647756778770436097

I'd be curious if there's more context there to make that sound less awful but I hear they've been pretty bad on Ukraine.

lol, and I just saw that Jill Stein came to the defense of Tucker

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

Hahaha holy poo poo

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

https://youtu.be/VMiFYThWYcE

Video of the missile/thing flying over Bydgoszcz. Hard to say what it is but it’s sure moving at speed and a flat profile.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

yeah chapo has been absolutely horseshit on ukraine and generally the worst kind of tankie posters

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Somewhat, but guess who else is?

Chapo Trap House.

Crapo Cheap House getting mad at Bellingcat, huh? And :wtc: them going about those leaks harming nobody

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Mokotow posted:

Video of the missile/thing flying over Bydgoszcz. Hard to say what it is but it’s sure moving at speed and a flat profile.

At least the bydzia locals have got something new to talk about

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

FBI just straight up taking a few snaps for the cringe compilation.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1651604138168311813
I don't think you losers have to worry about Belgorod getting captured for any reason, because a) Ukraine's not that stupid and b) it would cost them the support of their western allies. Attacking military targets in the vicinity, like recently destroying that handful of S-300 launchers in Orlovka that your lot were hitting Kharkiv with, is fair game and another matter though.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1651608619371180040
Another ammo warehouse in Kherson oblast got demilitarized today.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The BBC are reporting he was saying extremely mass shooter-ey things like he wanted to kill lots of people to cull the weak minded, while researching the best assault rifles to shoot from an SUV so yeah seems like a real standup dude

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

The BBC are reporting he was saying extremely mass shooter-ey things like he wanted to kill lots of people to cull the weak minded, while researching the best assault rifles to shoot from an SUV so yeah seems like a real standup dude

But maybe if he's shooting the libs it's cool?

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Mokotow posted:

Found the intersection in the video.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...53!4d18.1295121

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

At first I thought "Ugh, weird cringe camo wallpaper" but then I looked closer. For one, there's a tank on the wall at the head of the bed. That made me think "Wait, was this painted?" then I saw that while there are repeating elements on the walls, they are not in any pattern but rather a mishmash of elements. That makes me think this was hand painted with stencils.

And I have no idea wtf is going on in the upper right of the picture. I look at it and my brain just hard locks.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 27, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CannonFodder posted:

And I have no idea wtf is going on in the upper right of the picture. I look at it and my brain just hard locks.

It's just camo netting

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope he falls out a window.

I am honestly surprised that more of these failed generals aren't defenestrated. Seems kind of weird that it's reserved for oligarchs and the political dissidents get poisoned while failed military commanders just get fired.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lammasu posted:

I am honestly surprised that more of these failed generals aren't defenestrated. Seems kind of weird that it's reserved for oligarchs and the political dissidents get poisoned while failed military commanders just get fired.

It seems more like a game of musical chairs between commanders at this point. Most of the generals appointed to lead the war or at least being held responsible for certain territories have been fired and reinstated at least once. Happened to Lapin, to General Copegeddon Surovikin, to Gerasimov, to Dvornikov, and now to this loser.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lammasu posted:

Lots of the old guard generals died under Putin too, under equally suspicious circumstances. It just has been a while and I guess the apparatus has been sufficiently purged of people with spine not to require further incidents.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Wtf happened to The Hill

It used to be a decent leftist news source but now it's just completely dogshit antivax tankie bullshit

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
On a similar note today I got a video from Democracy Now titled "Pentagon leaks show the war is at a stalemate, why doesn't the US push for peace?"

Everybody's brains have turned into cream cheese.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

Is this a parody? No it's... it's not.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

Working as designed

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

How the hell did this person get a security clearance?

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1651419432319688704?s=20

"Well, you are a fine, upstanding member of the community with no debt or drama that could be used to leverage you, but you have dual citizenship with a friendly EU country, so clearance denied."
"Oh, you're an immature edgelord who 'jokes' about leaking documents and turning your mom's car into an "assassination van" that you will use to murder innocent people? Sounds good, clearance granted."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

lol Wtf happened to The Hill

It used to be a decent leftist news source but now it's just completely dogshit antivax tankie bullshit

The Hill hasn't been close to left for like a decade, not since this guy took over: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/18/media/jimmy-finkelstein-the-hill-ukraine/index.html

(Apparently he sold it in 2021, but the new owners must think right-wing clickbait still sells.)

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 27, 2023