Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Does it have DRM software?

I bet it has DRM software

it's also one of them hyper optimized UE4 games that's common these days, where shader compilation issues means you spend the majority of your optimization efforts on consoles and then cross your fingers that the PC port doesn't crater on too many computers and that you can get a broadly acceptable performance patch out in time before there's riots in the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Does it have DRM software?

I bet it has DRM software

The only DRM software is just the EA app. A couple reviews I saw said a day one patch was going to include nebulous "performance improvements" but lol to that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

been messing with the SF6 demo and i really really can't wait to play the full game. world tour mode is gonna be so much fun.

i've also unlocked... the ultimate technique.....

https://i.imgur.com/F1usnX5.mp4

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's loving butt ugly but it feels really nice to play. i'm hype for release.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Myst owns but the underground cart maze puzzle is brain breaking

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Very eye-opening experience to read about player's struggles with that later on and discover how many people are tone deaf.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

For some reason the family's first color printer came with Myst. I tried to play it back then but was completely befuddled. I remember being awed by the graphics and clicking on some cubes that made random patterns, a sailing ship stuck in ice and tons of gears and levers that did not seem to anything but make me more confused.

A few years later a friend showed me this hot new game he was playing: Myst!

Anyway, that's when I discovered there was a plot and multiple areas in the game. My friend had this big notebook where he'd figured out all the puzzles and stuff. Way too much work for me i thought

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Myst is the quintessential Dad Game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, finally got a replacement part for my RG God Gundam. Now I can finally put the waterslides and liner on it.

And getting the piece only took like 4 months!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It's interesting how often Dead Island 2 reveals the dev team isn't American. Love seeing a box of paracetamol in Los Angeles

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I spent like an hour trying to figure out the Myst maze puzzle with my sound turned way down :doh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUY2AtBD6Sk

Sakurai owns some pretty sweet shirts

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

J33uk posted:

It's interesting how often Dead Island 2 reveals the dev team isn't American. Love seeing a box of paracetamol in Los Angeles

If you mean that it should be labeled acetaminophen, you're probably not wrong. I guess nobody caught that during asset production.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

might just be an alternate universe where the US supply chain outsourced painkiller production to a commonwealth foreign nation for a ????? reason

edit: huh, TIL that it's only the US and Japan (presumably thanks to post-WW2 economic dependence nonsense) that use as the given name for C8H9NO2

dervival fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 27, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Myst was also one of the first "casual" games back in the day the hardcore gamers hated because it was mega popular and their moms and dads would play it

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

ymgve posted:

probably the usual "compiling shaders either takes one hour at first startup and/or the game will stutter as it compiles just-in-time"

If you need shader compilation, can't you just license "Now That's What I Call Shaders '22" and be done with it? :dadjoke:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

RBA Starblade posted:

Sakurai owns some pretty sweet shirts

I can't decide which fact I like more.

"They are called Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo because they waddle like ducks or penguins do."

Or, "King Dedede is so large he takes up all the unique character space in the fight."

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 27, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlSfr6Wa5sc

August 26

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't decide which fact I like more.

"They are called Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo because they waddle like ducks or penguins do."

Or, "King Dedede is so large he takes up all the unique character space in the fight."

Dedede truly is perfection

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
drat that’s soon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:sickos:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

finally, silksong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

on august 27th i will post: "Tried new fromsoft game, it's ok but i thought it'd be more Souls-y"

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
FEED THE FIRE

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

on august 27th i will post: "Tried new fromsoft game, it's ok but i thought it'd be more Souls-y"

I promise I will give you, personally, 6 hours off posting for this offense

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Armoured Snore

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

drat I was wrong as gently caress about this not coming out this year

Decent distance from ToTk. :nice:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AI was a mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSewd6Iaj6I

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope Patches pilots a mech that's just a giant boot that kicks you into various catacombs and caverns

like, a really big kuriboh's shoe with missiles on it

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i feel like people are jumping to conclusions acting like the activision acquisition is completely dead

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Zokari posted:

i feel like people are jumping to conclusions acting like the activision acquisition is completely dead
It effectively is since the CMA blocked it. They can appeal, but it's not a "pretty please, we'll do better and offer even more concessions, we promise!" type of situation. They basically have to show that the CMA acted improperly. And even if they win, it doesn't mean it goes through, it just means it goes back on the table for the CMA to reconsider (at which point they can say "pretty please"). At least that's my understanding from what I've read today.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They could also just decide not to release games in the UK ever (lol)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can Embracer afford Activision? I feel like they'd be next in line to buy them. I think Tencent offered before MS but got turned down

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What the gently caress, Armored Core VI launches August 25, 2023. I was thinking we were still a few years away at a minimum. Will gladly take it. Very excited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

They could also just decide not to release games in the UK ever (lol)

Yeah this, they would basically be calling the U.K.'s bluff because it would involve the U.K. forcing a bunch of companies to close their doors and lay off all of their employees. It would be thousands of people out of work for literally no reason. It would make the U.K. look really bad, and Microsoft look like the good guys in the eyes of the public.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope Patches pilots a mech that's just a giant boot that kicks you into various catacombs and caverns

like, a really big kuriboh's shoe with missiles on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEB4gKQmv4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

Yeah this, they would basically be calling the U.K.'s bluff because it would involve the U.K. forcing a bunch of companies to close their doors and lay off all of their employees. It would be thousands of people out of work for literally no reason. It would make the U.K. look really bad, and Microsoft look like the good guys in the eyes of the public.

Don't we need much help looking really bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ante'ing Up intensifies

Is that Emily Swallow's, The Armorer from Mandalorian, voice at the end?

Lovely homage to the 3rd Evangelion Rebuild film at the start

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if the UK is known for something, it's being shown how bad going in a certain direction will be for their economy, and then, realizing the error of their ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was not expecting Armored Core VI to looks so loving incredible. That gameplay trailer was amazing. I am still freaking out about it over an hour later.