Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yeah Skoronski seems tailor-made to be a Chicago Bear: Went to Northwestern and has a Polish surname.

I don't think he's a bad pick, I am just hesitant to think he's the best pick for the Bears at 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I really am excited to have no idea what the Lions are doing. Partially that's because the top of the draft is so unsettled, but last year it had crystalized that the jags weren't taking Hutch, so it was certain the Lions would. And with Sewell it seemed likely if he was there they were taking him. And in the dark ages you always knew who the lions were going to draft.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah Skoronski seems tailor-made to be a Chicago Bear: Went to Northwestern and has a Polish surname.

I don't think he's a bad pick, I am just hesitant to think he's the best pick for the Bears at 9.

The intersection of people who care about northwestern and are also bears fans is like me and 4 other shmucks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The intersection of people who care about northwestern and are also bears fans is like me and 4 other shmucks.

Luckily those 4 other shmucks are all high ranked writers radio people and columnists in Chicago Media

Actually isn't one of Northwestern's biggest boosters/supporters on the Bears board.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The Packers should pick a QB to sit and learn behind Jordan Love. It's never too early to get your QB of the future

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Luckily those 4 other shmucks are all high ranked writers radio people and columnists in Chicago Media

Actually isn't one of Northwestern's biggest boosters/supporters on the Bears board.

Northwestern's main sports pay-pig Patrick Ryan i believe is a minority owner.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I remember a sizable contingent of Bears fans campaigning for Pat Fitzgerald to be hired as head coach after Lovie got fired.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

i mean anytime you have a top 10 pick the best franchises use it to draft a guard, truly a position where you need elite talent. Bears definitely need o-line help for sure but man, don't take a marginal tackle propsect =/

Abugadu posted:

I’m at peace knowing that the Packers’ pick will piss me off.

It'll be some SPARQ-y defensive player who will inevitably be ok on a mediocre defense as the idk eagles or 49ers run for 300 yards in a early round playoff exit as per international treaty.

adaz fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 27, 2023

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cognac McCarthy posted:

The Packers should pick a QB to sit and learn behind Jordan Love. It's never too early to get your QB of the future

If one of the top prospects falls into their lap at 13, then sure, why not? They haven’t really projected much confidence in Jordan Love until now. :shrug:

They should absolutely not target a QB and trade up, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abugadu posted:

I’m at peace knowing that the Packers’ pick will piss me off.

The Vikings will either trade up to take Richardson, who will obviously be the second coming of Culpepper, or they won't, in which case that's fine because Richardson was going to be a bust anyways

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Packers should only draft offense. gently caress defense.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The Packers should only draft offense. gently caress defense.

I want at least one pass rusher in the first two rounds, but otherwise agreed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao at just saying Skoronski is a guard despite the dude being a unanimous All-American left tackle.

Who has literally at no level played a single snap of guard ever. Just because of shorter arms.

dude is like OL1 on almost every single big board, and there are plenty who think he is good enough to be a tackle in the league.

And I'm saying this despite me thinking I'd rather have PJJ.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

I remember a sizable contingent of Bears fans campaigning for Pat Fitzgerald to be hired as head coach after Lovie got fired.

That is proof those people have never watched a minute of northwestern football lol.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is there a draft thread so we can hurry up and watch the bears gently caress up?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Peter Skoronski was good enough to reap all these laudits, while being on the literal garbage rear end piece of poo poo 1-11 Northwestern Wildcats lol.

Like Dude should have the chance to prove he's good enough to overcome his arms being like an inch short lol, while having literally everything else.

It's the Bryce Young thing, where he is by far like the best actual QB, despite being probably 4 inches shorter than optimal.

Maybe he can't actually play tackle, but pigeon holing him without giving him a chance is utterly laughable. Considering there are optimal looking tackles who can't play tackle for poo poo.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

IcePhoenix posted:

The Vikings will either trade up to take Richardson, who will obviously be the second coming of Culpepper, or they won't, in which case that's fine because Richardson was going to be a bust anyways

:hmmyes: Same applies to the Tennessee QB at 23

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have absolutely no idea what the Lions are gonna do but I bet it's gonna be loving awesome.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MJeff posted:

I have absolutely no idea what the Lions are gonna do but I bet it's gonna be loving awesome.

Hopefully Brad Holmes is currently in the process of deciphering a bunch of ancient rune tablets that give him brand new GM powers previously not even imagined.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It feels real weird for the Vikings to be going into the draft with so few picks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

lmao at just saying Skoronski is a guard despite the dude being a unanimous All-American left tackle.

Who has literally at no level played a single snap of guard ever. Just because of shorter arms.

dude is like OL1 on almost every single big board, and there are plenty who think he is good enough to be a tackle in the league.

And I'm saying this despite me thinking I'd rather have PJJ.

It would not surprise me at all if he were Slater 2.0

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Me neither but there’s a few other tackles in this draft I would go for before gambling on that.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Leave that to the Lions’ WR room.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
https://www.theonion.com/bears-gm-focused-on-drafting-players-who-can-help-justi-1850381831

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You need long arms for that. Soronski is out.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is this the new Trubinsky?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's impossible to guess who the Bears will take. This draft seems like a total clusterfuck with no real consensus anywhere. I've seen some projecting Paris Johnson going #3 and all they way down to #16.

I'd be really happy if Tyree Wilson fell to them. Same with Jalen Carter if they've done their homework on him. Any of the top offensive lineman work and I wouldn't even be opposed to JSN and just giving Fields a ton of weapons. Just as long as it's not Bijan.

My dream scenario is there is a QB on the board like Levis at #9 and the Bears can trade down. I feel like the difference in what you get at #9 or #15 in this draft on the D or O line is pretty negligible.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I know who the bears will take but I’m not telling tee hee 😈

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

MJeff posted:

My dad's like "I'm happy with pretty much whoever the Lions take as long as it's not a long snapper or something at 18" and I'm all, that's just foolish talk right there

You gotta support the punter you're taking at 6

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Skoronski is in the 4th percentile for arm length on tackles. He _could_ succeed sure but he'd be a extreme outlier at the position. He's certainly a great player but you're taking a decent risk on him due to his physical limitations. Depends on who is available at #9 for the Bears obviously but I have a hard time seeing him being BPA at that spot as right now he projects as a guard and guards dont go in the top 10.

e: like, not great!!!

adaz fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 27, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mercenarynuker posted:

My dad's like "I'm happy with pretty much whoever the Lions take as long as it's not a long snapper or something at 18" and I'm all, that's just foolish talk right there

Replace Jack Fox?! You monster!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Watch dude actually play.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Watch dude actually play.

As the backer of the one team that northwestern actualy beat last year I did, in fact, watch him play he rules great player.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mercenarynuker posted:

no no no. They're taking Moody at 6

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I will not be Googling what Skoronski actually looks like but based on this thread I'm imagining a giant dude with little baby arms that barely go down to his belly button

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If it goes 3 qbs in the top 5, Anderson and Carter off the board, I think the Lions go Witherspoon if they can't trade down a few spots.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I will not be Googling what Skoronski actually looks like but based on this thread I'm imagining a giant dude with little baby arms that barely go down to his belly button

Kuato, but an O-lineman.

#StartTheReactor

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I am imagining a T-Rex.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

If it goes 3 qbs in the top 5, Anderson and Carter off the board, I think the Lions go Witherspoon if they can't trade down a few spots.

It only really gets interesting if the rumours of Tyree, Levis or an OL going top five happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

shameful arm length