Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't expect the UK to reverse their decision since dutifully marching into irrelevance is the British way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to play through Daemon X Machina again, and also Armored Core V.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40amobhI3mY

I think about this ending a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm mostly taken with those fuckin shoulders,a re you kidding me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah this, they would basically be calling the U.K.'s bluff because it would involve the U.K. forcing a bunch of companies to close their doors and lay off all of their employees. It would be thousands of people out of work for literally no reason. It would make the U.K. look really bad, and Microsoft look like the good guys in the eyes of the public.

Battle.net app rolling out a free built in VPN would be the most hilarious kick in the dick

I said come in! posted:

Was not expecting Armored Core VI to looks so loving incredible. That gameplay trailer was amazing. I am still freaking out about it over an hour later.

Music is very good. Setting a very good tonal level of 'dread' about it

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

ErrEff posted:

If you mean that it should be labeled acetaminophen, you're probably not wrong. I guess nobody caught that during asset production.

Yeah, it's always fun to catch little things like that which are just regional variations. Although the other thing that drives me a little nuts about US Healthcare (and there's a hell of a lot) is the use of trade names instead of the actual drug name, even after a drug has gone generic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Music is very good. Setting a very good tonal level of 'dread' about it

The music and atmosphere are so amazing. The whole setting looked crazy good and even kinda scary. Big time Dark Souls vibes, but science fiction / cyberpunk.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's probably the best Street Fighter movie, sound track rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM3uDs6hELw

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a controller thread? gently caress it I'll just post here. In late 2021 I got a Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with a 3-year warantee for PC use after watching a glowing Tim Rodgers video. The A button didn't work 100% of the time, so I exchanged it for a new one. On that one the Y button also had issues. So I did it again.

On controller #5, it was mostly better out of the box. I packed very thin tape around the A and Y button wells, which made Y work 100% of the time and A work like 99%. Just got to press the button very hard and perfectly straight on. Then RB stopped working after a month. I figured I was being dumb exchanging them so soon, and there was probably a really big bad batch. Forget that others online have the issue.

In the meantime I've been using a normal red Dualsense PS5 controller. I don't like it! The sticks feel small and cheap compared to the last 4 generations. The 'clack' is all wrong. The smooth hard plastic shell doesn't feel good. What a bad $70 controller! The controller speaker is neat and it's cool that there are 3 PC games that support it's strange triggers.

So I waited like half a year and just exchanged the thing for controller #6. Haven't brought myself to open it yet. Considered selling the thing new in box, but that will probably piss off whoever buys it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The elite controllers somehow have worse QC than the normal ones I dont get it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Heran Bago posted:

Is there a controller thread? gently caress it I'll just post here. In late 2021 I got a Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with a 3-year warantee for PC use after watching a glowing Tim Rodgers video. The A button didn't work 100% of the time, so I exchanged it for a new one. On that one the Y button also had issues. So I did it again.

On controller #5, it was mostly better out of the box. I packed very thin tape around the A and Y button wells, which made Y work 100% of the time and A work like 99%. Just got to press the button very hard and perfectly straight on. Then RB stopped working after a month. I figured I was being dumb exchanging them so soon, and there was probably a really big bad batch. Forget that others online have the issue.

In the meantime I've been using a normal red Dualsense PS5 controller. I don't like it! The sticks feel small and cheap compared to the last 4 generations. The 'clack' is all wrong. The smooth hard plastic shell doesn't feel good. What a bad $70 controller! The controller speaker is neat and it's cool that there are 3 PC games that support it's strange triggers.

So I waited like half a year and just exchanged the thing for controller #6. Haven't brought myself to open it yet. Considered selling the thing new in box, but that will probably piss off whoever buys it.

I'm sorry Tim Rodgers did this to you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah this, they would basically be calling the U.K.'s bluff because it would involve the U.K. forcing a bunch of companies to close their doors and lay off all of their employees. It would be thousands of people out of work for literally no reason. It would make the U.K. look really bad, and Microsoft look like the good guys in the eyes of the public.

Lol they would look like good guys because they hosed over a bunch of people to avoid complying with the laws meant to protect people? The only people who would think they look like good guys are people outside of the UK who want to have a few videogames available on a different launcher, at all costs, and who do not consider any other ramifications outside of that immediate convenience.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm sorry Tim Rodgers did this to you.

Worth it for the Tokimeki Memorial video alone tbh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Lol they would look like good guys because they hosed over a bunch of people to avoid complying with the laws meant to protect people? The only people who would think they look like good guys are people outside of the UK who want to have a few videogames available on a different launcher, at all costs, and who do not consider any other ramifications outside of that immediate convenience.

gamers?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i promise that "the eyes of the public" do not care about video game merger news

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Who does this protect? How does it protect them?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

it's gonna be difficulty/accessibility chat til christmas once this drops lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

it's gonna be difficulty/accessibility chat til christmas once this drops lol

Just buying the PC version so I can cheat engine my way through any content I can't clear, like the garbage poo poo that I am.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

let's just pre-emptively get a couple dozen rubicon/rubes-were-conned (by pre-order) jokes out of the way here :tbear:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i fully support your decision to take matters into your own hands :cheers:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dervival posted:

let's just pre-emptively get a couple dozen rubicon/rubes-were-conned (by pre-order) jokes out of the way here :tbear:

I really want that $220+ collectors edition, but i'm scared of pre-ordering and getting a game that isn't good. I'm sure ACVI will be amazing, but there is still that part of my brain that tells me to not be a loving idiot for once.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

i was just saying i had a bunch of low tier jokes in that vein I couldn't decide between, that's all

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

rubican't

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

Just buying the PC version so I can cheat engine my way through any content I can't clear, like the garbage poo poo that I am.

:hmmyes: :hfive:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Dlf4Q1AZg

:3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Never gave me two lightsabers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

current mood

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

They really really would not. They’d look like petulant children, loving over an economy and themselves out of spite. They have defence contracts with the UK, their software runs the hospitals. How do you think they’d look if they left the country with those ongoing commitments because they weren’t allowed to buy a company? Why would any government ever contract with them again, when they’ve proven they’re happy to gently caress you over should you make a regulatory decision they dislike?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

but microsoft has been so good, they deserve a megamerger :( :( :( :( :(

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

CottonWolf posted:

They really really would not. They’d look like petulant children, loving over an economy and themselves out of spite. They have defence contracts with the UK, their software runs the hospitals. How do you think they’d look if they left the country with those ongoing commitments because they weren’t allowed to buy a company? Why would any government ever contract with them again, when they’ve proven they’re happy to gently caress you over should you make a regulatory decision they dislike?
If it actually happened, wouldn't they just spin off the gaming stuff into a subsidiary that would not operate in the UK, and Windows would continue to power hospitals and such just fine?

That is, assuming the CMA's job is actually to protect competition in the UK (hard to argue that competition is being stifled by something that's not even present in the market) and not to punish foreign companies for disobeying their wishes.

Volte fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 27, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The gaming is already a subsidiary

But it's still Microsoft

E: Also yes I do think Microsoft should be punished for trying a merger this big. Whether or not the reasons the CMA gave are that persuasive, the merger is not a good thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Microsoft should exit from Britain, you say

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Volte posted:

If it actually happened, wouldn't they just spin off the gaming stuff into a subsidiary that would not operate in the UK, and Windows would continue to power hospitals and such just fine?

But spinning off their gaming business into a wholly independent company defeats the entire point of the acquisition, unless I’m missing something obvious here?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They might pull an EA and sell off the individual ActiBlizz companies individually to circumvent it?

Lord knows I'd like to see Blizzard out from under that board of directors and managed better

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm just here to game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh yeah, name a video game

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Oh yeah, name a video game

Gazillionaire Deluxe!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

if I buy a Sega Genesis tshirt but I'm too young to have played the Genesis is that stolen valor

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you didn't pwn scrub n00bs during the console wars, then yes

dervival posted:

Gazillionaire Deluxe!

That is def some art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

That would be like a person not alive during the late 70s wearing a Ramones shirt! Unthinkable!