Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
target sucks people just have crazy low expectations for their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

For a disturbingly large number of Americans, leisure time is going to the store to buy poo poo they don't need

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I legitimately did not understand the memes around "oh my god I always walk out with so much stuff from target" a few years back because the target decorations and stuff are super under whelming but i also just might be immune to the peir 1 imports style "I need to have a bunch of garbage in my house" feels because my parents were borderline hoarders.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
consuming fills the void in the soul
cheap pressboard faux modernist garbage home goods fill the void in the living space

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

consuming fills the void in the soul
cheap pressboard faux modernist garbage home goods fill the void in the living space

Why not just put a car in every room in your house?

mystes
May 31, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

I legitimately did not understand the memes around "oh my god I always walk out with so much stuff from target" a few years back because the target decorations and stuff are super under whelming but i also just might be immune to the peir 1 imports style "I need to have a bunch of garbage in my house" feels because my parents were borderline hoarders.
I'm completely mystified as to why anyone would like target. Walmart at least sells cheap normal stuff whereas most stuff target sells seems like weird garbage.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

BonHair posted:

Top Drivers are working on this problem right now!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BonHair posted:

the home automobile is the next frontier for cars

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

I'm completely mystified as to why anyone would like target. Walmart at least sells cheap normal stuff whereas most stuff target sells seems like weird garbage.

Walmart's target market is a household making $80K a year

Target's target market is a household making $80K a year that thinks they're better than the Walmart household

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

mystes posted:

their clothing in 2012 was pretty good. you could get v-neck tees in nice solid colors for $4 on clearance. I think wardrobe is still like 20% Merona clothes a decade later. I heard walmart has stepped up their fashion game but I'm not in the country anymore

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

walmart bought bonobos and carries them in store, mid-level swag can be yours at the same place you can buy patio furniture and windshield wiper fluid

mystes
May 31, 2006

webcams for christ posted:

their clothing in 2012 was pretty good. you could get v-neck tees in nice solid colors for $4 on clearance. I think wardrobe is still like 20% Merona clothes a decade later. I heard walmart has stepped up their fashion game but I'm not in the country anymore
My recollection was that their t-shirts were good but all their other men's clothing was like weird clothes for teens with bad fashion sense, except for some of their fitness clothing which seemed to have improved last time I checked a few years ago. Maybe their women's stuff was better.

On the other hand Walmart's clothing is mostly just very boring normal stuff, so I've worn black pants and white dress shirts from walmart in a pinch and once while doing that someone commented that I must be showing off by wearing an expensive tailored shirt (lol)

mystes has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Apr 27, 2023

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

mystes posted:

My recollection was that their t-shirts were good but all their other men's clothing was like weird clothes for teens with bad fashion sense, except for some of their fitness clothing which seemed to have improved last time I checked a few years ago. Maybe their women's stuff was better.

On the other hand Walmart's clothing is mostly just very boring normal stuff, so I've worn black pants and white dress shirts from walmart in a pinch and once while doing that someone commented that I must be showing off by wearing an expensive tailored shirt (lol)

yeah all of the target clothing I still own are either tees, sweaters, or gym shorts lol
I switched to uniqlo in like 2015, but I haven't found a good affordable clothing retailer since I moved in 2020

Apr 7, 2003

i exclusively wear white t-shirts in bulk 10 packs from Costco

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I had devolved to wearing exclusively athleisure in like 2018, but my current shop steward wants me run to take over this spring, so I've been trying to dress like someone who sits down with management for negotiations on behalf of colleagues with 30 years of seniority over me. and then the tricky part is making sure it's also suitable for bike commutes.

I wish I had access to Costco

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

I had devolved to wearing exclusively athleisure in like 2018, but my current shop steward wants me run to take over this spring, so I've been trying to dress like someone who sits down with management for negotiations on behalf of colleagues with 30 years of seniority over me. and then the tricky part is making sure it's also suitable for bike commutes.

I wish I had access to Costco

Tracksuit. Great for exercise and implying you have mob ties during negotiations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mystes posted:

There was a target near me that sold Sundrop and Mello Yello Zero, no one else had it

Apr 7, 2003

also walmart's 'cheap normal stuff' is often manufactured specifically for Walmart and has corners cut, a Vizio TV at Walmart is not the same as a Vizio TV at Costco.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres a target on 86th street next to a starbucks whats this lady going on about

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

haha. this sucks.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Real hurthling! posted:

theres a target on 86th street next to a starbucks whats this lady going on about

I think she means a starbucks within the target

Apr 7, 2003

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

haha. this sucks.

They straight up took a dense, pedestrian-friendly part of the city, knocked it down, and dropped in a suburban strip mall development. In like 2009 lmao.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I switched from biking to walking to work for my evening shift and it's really nice. much more pleasant. I think I stopped being aware of how stressful biking around cars actually is- I'm always terrified of not being seen and getting all of my poo poo hosed up. walking is so much more relaxing but drat if it isn't so much slower. all good though since the goal was to increase my energy expenditure so I can eat more while on a cut

dxt posted:

Tracksuit. Great for exercise and implying you have mob ties during negotiations.

that is absolutely what I was already wearing and what I want to wear if I thought I could get away with it

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i exclusively wear white t-shirts in bulk 10 packs from Costco

I assume this means no pants

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think she means a starbucks within the target

oh i thought she meant like hitting a drive through on the way

Apr 7, 2003

BonHair posted:

I assume this means no pants

correct

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

those $6 merona cotton t-shirts were my gooniform for years. they replaced them with a rebranded version that’s mostly polyester and fits worse

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/jaqqqln/status/1651739357517336576

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Had the "almost got hit by a car with a green light/left turns available while I had a walk light" experience again lol. For any Seattle folks - Lake City Way and 135th. Love it! Always THE BEST

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Clark Nova posted:

those $6 merona cotton t-shirts were my gooniform for years. they replaced them with a rebranded version that’s mostly polyester and fits worse

the black merona shirts owned

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mystes posted:

Weird garbage with cookies with amazon dropshipper rear end names like Favorite Day. The one I go to has barren shelves and as seen on tv poo poo for housewares, but it's a location that is smaller footprint as it's in an urban storefront.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mystes posted:

Target has gone all in the pinstagrammy pier 1/cost plus-rear end Eat, pray, love aesthetic for aspiring-middle notpoors to pretend like they're classier than they are. predominantely women

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
jokes on Target tho cuz women make less money :twisted:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
mods?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Look at this filth.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

silicone thrills posted:

Had the "almost got hit by a car with a green light/left turns available while I had a walk light" experience again lol. For any Seattle folks - Lake City Way and 135th. Love it! Always THE BEST

the majority of intersections here are signaled such that youre exposing yourself to traffic if you cross on the right side. the ones that dont either have every lane take a turn peds included, or are some real psycho poo poo where crossing is exposed to cars regardless of the side you choose to cross on (see our ubiquitous five way intersections)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Xaris posted:

Target has gone all in the pinstagrammy pier 1/cost plus-rear end Eat, pray, love aesthetic for aspiring-middle notpoors to pretend like they're classier than they are. predominantely women

Our Target replaced its pizza place with Starbucks and knocked out several sections to put in a bigger, fancier make-up section. They also replaced part of the men's clothing section with more women's clothing. They've really settled on a particular market lol

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I love crossing an intersection perpetually riddled with debris from car crashes.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

thinking about the time last year I watched a car at rampart and Beverly going way too fast ramp over another car and launch itself into a storefront

edit lol found a video of the aftermath

https://youtu.be/dV2htL9dzk8

A MIRACLE has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

literally believed I was about to be struck by a car 3 different times in my bike ride to the gym today. love those tingling shots of cortisol flowing through my body