Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I love how they explain the logic behind changes in these patch notes. It's so much better than other games that often just show changes without including the context that drove the change and the intent of the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Of course as soon as I fall in love with DinoHawk their hard counter is buffed :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Nobody actually has Shanna which is why nobody is using her.

Lizard was entirely unnecessary.

Sandman's power is not the reason people play him.

I have never thought Enchantress was weak.. 4/4 with a killer ability? She was fine. She'll be tuned down in the future, I guarantee it, either reverted to 4/4 or made to 4/5.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Holky gently caress enchantress wtf. Also would rather see a sandman with better stats but with the leech treatment.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

nah, i think lizard wouldn't get played if he was base 2/4

def excited to put enchantress back in decks, though, I have a killer variant for her

I’m p sure this is going to kill Lizard even harder than being made a 2/4. It doesn’t make sense to really run Lizard any more.

e: no one runs Shanna because Zoo in general is lovely in a game where a single 3-energy card on T6 ruins your entire game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

I’m p sure this is going to kill Lizard even harder than being made a 2/4. It doesn’t make sense to really run Lizard any more.

It shouldn't change anything imo. If you were expecting to play him in full lanes you're doing it wrong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It shouldn't change anything imo. If you were expecting to play him in full lanes you're doing it wrong

I can see myself being wrong on this but imo Lizard is dead without Luke Cage now. You really can’t afford to run a 2/1 with no ability as it’s just inefficient. Yeah of course you can play him in “non full lanes” but you don’t really get to control that, unless you’re waiting until T6 to play him, which is bad energy use imo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Sandman's power is not the reason people play him.

Power is always a reason people play a card, nobody used him as a 4/1.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lizard is for early priority + making your opponent commit to a lane they might not want to.

this change makes the second part stronger.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

I can see myself being wrong on this but imo Lizard is dead without Luke Cage now. You really can’t afford to run a 2/1 with no ability as it’s just inefficient. Yeah of course you can play him in “non full lanes” but you don’t really get to control that, unless you’re waiting until T6 to play him, which is bad energy use imo

I mean if you're up against a deck that fills lanes he's gonna be a loser no matter what. 1 point added to the loser condition shouldn't change how he's utilized

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I wonder if you could make a control deck with Zabu, Sera, and Enchantress?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Quackles posted:

I wonder if you could make a control deck with Zabu, Sera, and Enchantress?

Well you'd have to add a few more cards in but yes they do

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
sera control is back baby

i'm not sure it was ever actually gone but that enchantress buff definitely seems like it'd make it stronger
4/6 is kinda insane, as strong as Thing with a really good ability to boot

wyoak fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 27, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Enchantress already pounds Ongoing-heavy decks, so the power buff seems unnecessary

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fate Accomplice posted:

Lizard is for early priority + making your opponent commit to a lane they might not want to.

Imo Cloak is now better for both of these things, but time will tell.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

flatluigi posted:

def excited to put enchantress back in decks, though, I have a killer variant for her

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Time to get back into Sera Control. Enchantress True Believers rise up.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

Power is always a reason people play a card, nobody used him as a 4/1.

I played him as a 4/1 and imo the 5/5 was a nerf

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

dangerburrd posted:

I played him as a 4/1 and imo the 5/5 was a nerf

Agreed. The nerf killed my Sandman-Ronan curve. Of course, that was before I opened Electro

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Enchantress/Lizard isnt a bad turn 6 now tbh

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like Shanna should be a 3/4 so that you can play her and then Ka-Zar in sequence

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Are zabu Shanna and kazar connected?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are zabu Shanna and kazar connected?

In comics? Yes. Kazar and Shanna are a couple and Zabu is Ka's pet tiger. They're all from the Savage Land.

Completely unrelated, why is every single supervillain absolutely shredded? Does Doc Ock spend all day when he isn't plotting to kill Spider-man just hitting the gym? How much can Magneto bench if he doesn't cheat and use his magnetism on the weights?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel like Shanna should be a 3/4 so that you can play her and then Ka-Zar in sequence

Zabu is meant to make them both the 3 drop on curve

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

New Leaf posted:

In comics? Yes. Kazar and Shanna are a couple and Zabu is Ka's pet tiger. They're all from the Savage Land.

Completely unrelated, why is every single supervillain absolutely shredded? Does Doc Ock spend all day when he isn't plotting to kill Spider-man just hitting the gym? How much can Magneto bench if he doesn't cheat and use his magnetism on the weights?

Magnetic powers/metal arms that can follow orders your brain sends them frees up a LOT of time.

Doctor Octopus lifts weights in his basement while his arms mow the lawn and do the dishes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In comics Doc Ock has generally been portrayed as a chubby scientist dude. Other than in the 90s. Those don't count.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I read a quick synopsis on onslaught to figure out what he is but as a psionic entity how did he manifest a body that ridiculously ripped

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
What’s really mind blowing is that the shadow king 100% chooses to look like that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dangerburrd posted:

What’s really mind blowing is that the shadow king 100% chooses to look like that

I don’t think he can change what Farouk looks like, Shadow King himself is just another psionic entity.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
very small sample size but basically every deck has enchantress now

and why wouldn't you?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think he can change what Farouk looks like, Shadow King himself is just another psionic entity.

I’m admittedly fuzzy on his powerset and going for a joke but can’t he control how others perceive him/could he use his powers on himself so that he imagines he is eating steak when he’s eating a salad?

Can he convince himself he’s watching television on a couch when he’s actually working out? I honestly don’t know. Can the shadow king…Shallow Hal HIMSELF?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I like enchantress as a 4/6 in a world where sandman was still 5/5 as a counter to the lane but now with zabu an already strong combo she's a real strong 3 drop. Patriot had its weekend, goodbye ongoing again. Even wong is going to get shut down more often now. Like was already said, sera control is back.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

dangerburrd posted:

I’m admittedly fuzzy on his powerset and going for a joke but can’t he control how others perceive him/could he use his powers on himself so that he imagines he is eating steak when he’s eating a salad?

Can he convince himself he’s watching television on a couch when he’s actually working out? I honestly don’t know. Can the shadow king…Shallow Hal HIMSELF?

Watch Legion on FX (also Hulu); please, thank you, and you're welcome.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

New Leaf posted:

Nobody actually has Shanna which is why nobody is using her.

I played Shanna three times after I got her, and only three because on the third game she dropped Ebony Maw on an empty location and dropped Zero. She's wildly swingy in a way that's really only unique to that one card.

Fate Accomplice posted:

Lizard is also great for lockdown plays and is good early-game fodder for Venom/Knull. He's still a good card, just more situational, which is exactly what card nerfs ought to encourage.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

The Sean posted:

Watch Legion on FX (also Hulu); please, thank you, and you're welcome.

Fell off a couple episodes into season 2 but if shadow king shallow Hal’s himself I’ll check it out

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

On the one hand, RIP to my janky Cerebro 4 deck that I made specifically to try and fit Enchantress into. On the other hand, I also have a janky Cerebro 6 deck. Hmm...

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
legion is a fantastic show and people should watch all of it and also put all the characters into snap

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Legion himself is going to be coming to the game eventually, we already have his card, he'll be 5/4 and make the other two locations the same as the one he's played on

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Put Warlock in this game already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

My dream cards are Flag-Smasher because he's cool and, since I've been reading a lot of 80's Avengers comics for some reason, Wonder Man. Ooh, Korvac would be a great big bad card.